Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir - your opinions

Fwiw I’ve owned three of these mini Cuirs and all of their straps were made with two pieces of leather with a seam, as you show, and all the strap ends inside the bag were basically unfinished/not sealed (looked like yours).

My only comparison is the pilot blue i have and on this one the strap ends are neat and sealed and the seam is here too of course but is not showing.

Oh, that's disappointing. I checked mine and it is the same like what you described. I'm sorry it didn't match up to your expectations but you need to be 100% happy with your purchase. Perhaps consider keeping the pilot blue one then? It does not seem that light of a blue after I saw multiple pics of it online.

I sent an email to Edisac with pictures as soon as I got the bag, i'm waiting for their reply. I'm surprised that yours looks similar, I was kind of surprise to received the khaki in this state after I got the blue one which is perfect. Anyway, thanks for your answer :smile: i think i'm gonna keep the blue one indeed!

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I just got my first one- small black satchel- and am totally going crazy it’s so perfect. If you don’t mind (sorry if it’s been beaten to death before but with two small kids I don’t have time to look through the 213 pages of posts in this thread) can a few people comment on the need for a protectant? Longchamp web page says it’s ok to treat with waterproofer so I’m leaning towards doing so.

I just got my first one- small black satchel- and am totally going crazy it’s so perfect. If you don’t mind (sorry if it’s been beaten to death before but with two small kids I don’t have time to look through the 213 pages of posts in this thread) can a few people comment on the need for a protectant? Longchamp web page says it’s ok to treat with waterproofer so I’m leaning towards doing so.

Apple guard spray

Reactions: Bmore chic
i think i'm gonna keep the blue one indeed!

On mine, the part on the strap where two different parts join... lies flat and neat. I had been using mine so much that I thought the unfinished end of the strap was my own doing. Thus, it did not bother me. Pilot Blue is an interesting blue with its blue gray tone. I think it will serve you well.

can a few people comment on the need for a protectant.

I use Loving My Bags products.

On a sidenote, I thought perhaps you wish to check with LC France Customer Service or the boutique that is accessible to you on recommended leather protectant products. I know LC has a cream (learnt about it through the ladies here) but I've never seen it being sold in my home country. Thus, I'm not sure but even if it is not available in France, I am sure CS or the boutique can recommend something else instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bmore chic
On mine, the part on the strap where two different parts join... lies flat and neat. I had been using mine so much that I thought the unfinished end of the strap was my own doing. Thus, it did not bother me. Pilot Blue is an interesting blue with its blue gray tone. I think it will serve you well.
Can you post pics of the pilot blue? I’m eyeing it but would love to see real pics!

Got on answer from the reseller ! They told me that it's normal on this Longchamp bag, that i can knot and cut the excess strap (which I won't do!).
I saw your post on the Longchamp 3D line tread, did you buy the new crossbody ?
It's looking good!!! :smile: I'm starting to think about it and maybe even pass on the Pliage Cuir crossbody.

I just sent a message through Longchamp's french website about water repellent products. I already have one at home but not sure how it's gonna react with this particular kind of leather since it's a mix of lamb and goat skin.

did you buy the new crossbody?

That is nice of the reseller to reply with a non-template answer. Thank you for sharing this. It definitely makes me receptive to order from them since customer service is positive. I did re-knot my strap cos I wanted it to hang higher up. No damage to the leather. I wouldn't attempt cutting though. [emoji28]

Yes, I did purchase the new pouch crossbody in Sapphire today. Let me do up some WIMB shots for you so that you can consider it. I used it for the whole day today and I highly recommend it. The zipper pulls open with ease. If I compare this aspect with the mini Cuir crossbody, then I will say the 3D Pouch wins. In terms of space, 3D pouch wins too. Strap length is adjustable too, with 5 hole settings. Unfortunately, I can't comment how the 3D leather wears but so far, I have heard no negative experience from the 3D owners here. Do take note that the 3D leather is meant to take on a distressed or worn look over time. I used to worry about color rubbing off the 3D as Singapore is very humid but having now worked with an experienced SA, she assured me it is not likely to happen.

I hope LC can give you an informative reply. What is the current brand that you own? Maybe the members here can shed some light?

Reactions: SmokieDragon
If you like Sapphire, the good thing is that it is a seasonal color so it will go on sale end season. I was lucky to enjoy a mall discount today and utilise mall vouchers at the same time. Black and Midnight are classic colors and not likely to go on sale.

Yes, sapphire is my favourite, it's 280€ here which i find a little too much considering the small size of the bag but it's probably gonna be discounted in 6 months on the next sales here in France. Thanks for the tip :smile: Congratulations on your new purchase and looking forward to your pictures !

Last edited: