Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir - your opinions

hi all planning to buy my first longchamp. i feel like theres need for it in my collection. my only big bag is my goyard tote and i dont really like the idea of an open tote anymore. what do you think of this color? this is my favorite color and its on sale!

also which do you ladies prefer, medium or small?

I prefer the Small. Big enough for my daily needs

hi all planning to buy my first longchamp. i feel like theres need for it in my collection. my only big bag is my goyard tote and i dont really like the idea of an open tote anymore. what do you think of this color? this is my favorite color and its on sale!

also which do you ladies prefer, medium or small?

Very pretty color for summer! I have the medium Cuir in Red, but I personally prefer the large Cuir which I have in Black, Natural, and Pebble!

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I scanned through this thread and noticed that lots of folks use their Le Pliage cuir bags as everyday bags. However, lots of these posts were from 2015 and 2016. Can anyone confirm whether these bags are durable enough to withstand daily (and not-so-careful) use? I'm used to indestructible LV coated canvas, so I'm used to not worrying about rain, placing the bag on the ground, etc., but I'm in love with the LP cuir colors and style and Longchamp's reputation for being high-quality. Any information would be appreciated!

I scanned through this thread and noticed that lots of folks use their Le Pliage cuir bags as everyday bags. However, lots of these posts were from 2015 and 2016. Can anyone confirm whether these bags are durable enough to withstand daily (and not-so-careful) use? I'm used to indestructible LV coated canvas, so I'm used to not worrying about rain, placing the bag on the ground, etc., but I'm in love with the LP cuir colors and style and Longchamp's reputation for being high-quality. Any information would be appreciated!
I've been using my small camel a lot for at least 4 years I think...I was just cleaning/conditioning the leather a few days ago and it's still perfect. (well, I did have some initial corner wear but it's minor and it never got worse). I generally take a different bag if the weather is very bad but iI have been caught in a bit of rain with it. And I sometimes stuff it in my center car console.
I'm not sure if different bags/colors over the years have all been equal as far as wear.

I don't use mine daily, so I can't say, but I did spot this mini cuir out in the wild! Prette extreme, but seems to be in one piece and still doing the job!

Attachments

• D4D66121-42DF-45BE-90FB-F8F229E4D6C6.jpeg
    D4D66121-42DF-45BE-90FB-F8F229E4D6C6.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 855
Reactions: Angelblake
I've been using my small camel a lot for at least 4 years I think...I was just cleaning/conditioning the leather a few days ago and it's still perfect. (well, I did have some initial corner wear but it's minor and it never got worse). I generally take a different bag if the weather is very bad but iI have been caught in a bit of rain with it. And I sometimes stuff it in my center car console.
I'm not sure if different bags/colors over the years have all been equal as far as wear.
Thanks for the input! Camel is a gorgeous color:smile:

I would like to get a Cuir some day but am wondering, since I live in Malaysia, with high humidity, can the Cuir be folded up without the leather sticking together? I've had experience with Kate Spade bags where the leather was sewn over the magnetic close and the flap stuck together to the body of the bag! :sad:

Well still thinking of getting a Cuir towards the end of the year for my birthday. Since I have 2 Neos, thinking of getting a Medium too - then I can use back the same bag organisers and base shaper haha
Wow, you live in Malaysia! How exotic that sounds. Well, exotic to me obviously, normal and home to you. Ha. I'll bet the gardens and flowers are plentiful and gorgeous.
Your English is excellent. When I read your concern in this post, I immediately thought of placing between the folds of a cuir, white archival tissue paper to help prevent sticking. Just a thought.

Wow, you live in Malaysia! How exotic that sounds. Well, exotic to me obviously, normal and home to you. Ha. I'll bet the gardens and flowers are plentiful and gorgeous.
Your English is excellent. When I read your concern in this post, I immediately thought of placing between the folds of a cuir, white archival tissue paper to help prevent sticking. Just a thought.

Yes, it's a very green country with flowers and all sorts of fruits but it's hot and humid nearly all year round. We have rainy monsoon seasons too and then the weather gets cooler but it would still not be possible to walk around with a cardigan outdoors. One really needs an umbrella here to cater for both the sun and rain.

Since that post, I'm happy to report that I do keep my Cuirs folded and the leather does not stick together :biggrin: Now I even keep the straps in the folds of the Cuirs too :biggrin: I do use dehumidifiers in my closets where I put my bags.

As for the Kate Spade bags with leather over the magnetic closure, these are flap bags so I just fold the flaps into the body of the bag and no more sticking :biggrin:

I always travel w/ a heavier computer so I use a laptop bag, but the 13" MBP is pretty light…it's slightly too big for the small so I think the medium would work fine.
No problem with the laptop corners creating a bulge in the soft cuir leather? And over time, the bulge on the outside of the bag, showing rub spots?
Cuir seems so thin and lightweight, I worry abt absentmindedly tossing in something pointy or w corners and hurting the leather. Like a pen, makeup pencil, notebook w 4 corners, comb,
Yes, it's a very green country with flowers and all sorts of fruits but it's hot and humid nearly all year round. We have rainy monsoon seasons too and then the weather gets cooler but it would still not be possible to walk around with a cardigan outdoors. One really needs an umbrella here to cater for both the sun and rain.

Since that post, I'm happy to report that I do keep my Cuirs folded and the leather does not stick together :biggrin: Now I even keep the straps in the folds of the Cuirs too :biggrin: I do use dehumidifiers in my closets where I put my bags.

As for the Kate Spade bags with leather over the magnetic closure, these are flap bags so I just fold the flaps into the body of the bag and no more sticking :biggrin:
Your country sounds beautiful, lucky you. All that humidity must be good for your skin too. I live in Minnesota. If you've seen the movie Fargo (I grew up there), the winter scenes were not exaggerated. Sigh.
Glad you're not having issues w bag storage. I'm too lazy to stuff mine w tissue paper, instead I use a little cotton pillow which I can quickly remove. :smile:

LV monogram is coated canvas so definitely it will be more durable. I have one but I haven't used as I don't like it anymore. Plus I am not sure I will still be happy when the handles darken after some time.

I don't mind the wear. It does with the material-- the cuir is super soft. same with silk-- feels more luxurious but harder to maintain.
Which LV monogram bag is it that you no longer like?