Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir - your opinions

Special edition launched in Hong Kong. I wish we get to see these in America! Got 14 badges this time - more than Taiwan edition launched a few years back!

View attachment 3761511
Special edition launched in Hong Kong. I wish we get to see these in America! Got 14 badges this time - more than Taiwan edition launched a few years back!

View attachment 3761511
I see these on Ebay frequently. I want one so bad but I am afraid of getting a fake.

I have a Navy Neo which I really love for everyday use. Now I'm considering either a Natural or Pebble Cuir for the purpose. What do you guys think? My concern is the color that will blend well with jeans and different color sneakers.

I have a Navy Neo which I really love for everyday use. Now I'm considering either a Natural or Pebble Cuir for the purpose. What do you guys think? My concern is the color that will blend well with jeans and different color sneakers.

You would need to be concerned with color transfer with the ligher colored LPCs and jeans.

Reactions: nysmi
Hi. So I’ve been grappling with picking which color to get for my next Cuir. I’m torn between Black and Cherry Red.

Red is my favorite color. And so is black. Ha-ha.

My main concern is wear and tear. As much as I love red, I worry that the Cherry Red would show wear and tear more. Right now I have one in Red Lacquer, which is a darker red, and I’m thinking it might be more forgiving? But I don’t know.

I just contacted Nordstrom Live Chat, and she told me that Cherry Red is available only online. And she was able to check for me that they are all Made in China. I asked her how she knew that, since the online description only reads “Imported.” She told me she could see on the item record the country of origin and care instructions.

She said every single one in that style, in any color, is Made in China. Is that accurate?

I prefer Made in France. Pout.

Please let me know your experiences with Cherry Red or any red Cuir, please.

Thank you!

Reactions: MamaSleepy
I got a cherry red small cuir from bluefly for 40 percent off final sale in dec 2017. I had wanted a red or cyclamen small cuir for a long time.

Cherry red is a basic true red. Reminds me of a red lipstick. It was made in China. The leather was not the buttery soft cuir leather that one would expect. It was a more durable leather, some have described as plasticky.

I didn’t get upset bc my medium pebble cuir was so soft I am afraid to use it. You couldn’t let it rub against your pants crossbody. But it does seem more luxurious.

The cherry red cuir could soften with age.

Reactions: BlackGrayRed
I got a cherry red small cuir from bluefly for 40 percent off final sale in dec 2017. I had wanted a red or cyclamen small cuir for a long time.

Cherry red is a basic true red. Reminds me of a red lipstick. It was made in China. The leather was not the buttery soft cuir leather that one would expect. It was a more durable leather, some have described as plasticky.

I didn’t get upset bc my medium pebble cuir was so soft I am afraid to use it. You couldn’t let it rub against your pants crossbody. But it does seem more luxurious.

Thank you for your input about your Cherry Red and the leather comparison! [emoji846]

I just contacted Nordstrom Live Chat, and she told me that Cherry Red is available only online. And she was able to check for me that they are all Made in China. I asked her how she knew that, since the online description only reads “Imported.” She told me she could see on the item record the country of origin and care instructions.

She said every single one in that style, in any color, is Made in China. Is that accurate?

I prefer Made in France. Pout.

Please let me know your experiences with Cherry Red or any red Cuir, please.

Thank you!

My Cherry Red cuir was Made in Tunisia.

Reactions: BlackGrayRed
My new-to-me and my first foray into Longchamp. No one sells longchamp where I live, but I was so taken with the colors and the shape, (and the seller was awesome) so I had no idea how soft the leather was until this arrived. I'm over the moon! Can't stop petting it. lol

FZOy7nB.jpg

LC changed their combined leather for the cuir, hence the soft to plastic difference, sadly. It was to make it more durable for corner wear and colour loss. We can’t have it all I guess.

Reactions: MamaSleepy