Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir - your opinions

Thank you all for your replies. SmokieDragon, I love the color of your bag! Is that Longchamp strap? Looks great.

I do have another question for those who own light colored Le Pliage Cuir.
Like yellow and beige colors, how did it fare with color transfer onto the bag? I'm looking at one bag that is on a discount but the color is yellow. It is a preowned but at around 65% off retail price. Design, price is good and appealing and I don't mind the yellow color except I worry the color transfer onto the bag (and also how easily it will show dirt/worn spots later). I don't wear jeans but I do wear dark colored clothes. For those who uses light colored Cuir, do you regret buying light colored one over dark colored one?
Thank you.

For those who uses light colored Cuir, do you regret buying light colored one over dark colored one?
Thank you.
I have a pink cuir crossbody and I've experienced corner wear and color transfer. Good news is that the corner wear isn't that noticeable, and that my leather has been cleaned wonderfully using plain scent free baby wipes. I've removed denim transfer and an oil stain by gently wiping the cuir leather a few times with a baby wipe!

Reactions: lili45
I love my Cuirs because they are so soft (lamb leather) and are great when worn on the shoulder or crossbody. They just look so chic! :biggrin: They are also roomy.

I use a Samorga organiser now with pouches to keep my items organised and make it easier for me to change bags (http://samorga.com/?product=longcha...11-4-h6-7-d7in-longchamp-le-pliage-large-tote).

Here is the Samorga organiser with some of my pouches as well as my Medium Blue Cuir with the Samorga inside it.

I've been looking into the Samorga inserts for my new large long-handle Neo, but I'm not sure the Longchamp sized insert you have will work for me. Are you able to slide a laptop between the insert and the bag? I was thinking of choosing one of similar height and width, but slightly less depth, just to make sure I would have room to add folders or my Macbook. It's so hard to decide without being able to see them in person.

I've been looking into the Samorga inserts for my new large long-handle Neo, but I'm not sure the Longchamp sized insert you have will work for me. Are you able to slide a laptop between the insert and the bag? I was thinking of choosing one of similar height and width, but slightly less depth, just to make sure I would have room to add folders or my Macbook. It's so hard to decide without being able to see them in person.

I haven't tried putting a laptop in between. The Samorga in my Cuir Tote is just nice in terms of depth. So not sure if a laptop can also fit.

Hello all. I have been searching through this thread, trying to find the strap length for the Medium Cuir. I am 171cm tall (5'7 ish) with large frame. So there is nothing I dislike more than a cross body bag with a too short strap!

Could anyone please provide this measurement? Thank you!

Hello all. I have been searching through this thread, trying to find the strap length for the Medium Cuir. I am 171cm tall (5'7 ish) with large frame. So there is nothing I dislike more than a cross body bag with a too short strap!

Could anyone please provide this measurement? Thank you!

I agree 100%! I loathe a too-short strap crossbody. I'm 5'10", medium/small frame. I was also concerned about the strap length before I bought my med leather cuir. My strap length is 19" end to end. The top of the bag falls at my hip bone with the slouch in the bag. That's where I like it to hit. I wanted the small cuir but the strap was entirely too short for me. I hope this helps! Good luck[emoji4]

I agree 100%! I loathe a too-short strap crossbody. I'm 5'10", medium/small frame. I was also concerned about the strap length before I bought my med leather cuir. My strap length is 19" end to end. The top of the bag falls at my hip bone with the slouch in the bag. That's where I like it to hit. I wanted the small cuir but the strap was entirely too short for me. I hope this helps! Good luck[emoji4]

Hey thanks for this! But do you mean 19 inches? That would barely go around my neck ;)

Hey thanks for this! But do you mean 19 inches? That would barely go around my neck ;)

Lol! I was literally drinking my morning coffee as I typed that. The drop is 19". Sorry [emoji4]. I have a number when I'm shopping for crossbodies. My sweet spot is a 23" drop. I can handle up to a 26" drop. I was Leary about the 19". But after I considered the slouch of the bag itself it was just right. However, for me, it literally could not be any shorter or I wouldn't be happy. For reference I'm not busty either. Just average. That can make a difference too. Before I received the bag, I had actually considered buying extenders in case I wanted it longer. I didn't have to pursue that, thankfully.

Lol! I was literally drinking my morning coffee as I typed that. The drop is 19". Sorry [emoji4]. I have a number when I'm shopping for crossbodies. My sweet spot is a 23" drop. I can handle up to a 26" drop. I was Leary about the 19". But after I considered the slouch of the bag itself it was just right. However, for me, it literally could not be any shorter or I wouldn't be happy. For reference I'm not busty either. Just average. That can make a difference too. Before I received the bag, I had actually considered buying extenders in case I wanted it longer. I didn't have to pursue that, thankfully.

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense! :smile: Appreciate the detail you have provided... it was only until recently, I realised how these measurements can differ enormously! I will go and measure some other bags now, to see if that length will work...

Hi beth001,
I was searching for posts about Cuir Yellow and noticed you own this bag in yellow. I'm eyeing on a lemony yellow Cuir like new condition bag and I was wondering how your bag fared so far?
I like the bag but I'm concerned that it will show the corner wear very noticeable and quickly since it is yellow. Do you still love the bag? Thank you.

I have the Le Pliage Cuir leather handbag in bright, vivid lime yellow and I LOVE it! The color is so juicy. I wear mostly black & white or black & gray to match my shoulder-length silver/gray/white curls. I think the POP! of this citrusy color looks awesome against gray or black.

So you can imagine my stunned reaction when at a warehouse store this morning I ran into a "friend of a friend." I saw her and her husband in the aisle in front of me and I greeted them very nicely. Her first statement to me? "Ya think that bag is BRIGHT enough?" Really? I mean, I don't give a F whether you like it or not, and I know you would never have the guts or the style to carry something as sweet as this bag, but a comment like that? Not amused.

I wanted to say in reply, "Ya think your jet black hair dye is fake enough?" But I didn't. I'm nicer than that.

For those who own small Cuir and if you are petite, are you able to comfortably wear small Cuir over your shoulder using the handle? I usually wear tote bags so I wonder if I could wear small Cuir over my shoulder since the bag is slouchy?

For those who own small Cuir and if you are petite, are you able to comfortably wear small Cuir over your shoulder using the handle? I usually wear tote bags so I wonder if I could wear small Cuir over my shoulder since the bag is slouchy?

No, I don't wear my small Cuir over the shoulder using the handle - allowance not enough and I don't fancy the flap rubbing into my underarm and/or getting creased, not to mention the fear of long-term discolouration due to deodorant use. I'm 5'1" and about 112 pounds.

The Cuir feels great as a crossbody or when worn over one shoulder with the long strap. Now that they have the new thicker Cuir straps on sale separately as an alternative to the strap that the bag comes with, it's more comfortable :biggrin: http://uk.longchamp.com/accessories/le-pliage-cuir/shoulder-strap-7085737?sku=2632

All knowing ladies... out of curiosity, do the leather ones ever go on sale for 50% off? I came across a small store doing close out sale and the leather ones are 50% off so I bought two!
If the store was closing and getting rid of inventory, then a steep discount will help them reach their goal faster. I only managed 40% off when Whatshebuys decided to clear out their stock and thought that was a fab deal!

Reactions: xiaoxiao