Longchamp 3D Line

Hello all,

New to the purse forum and to high(er) end bags in general. I found this Longchamp 3D tote in midnight blue on Nordstrom Rack's site, which looks like a good deal: https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/longchamp-small-crossbody-tote-bag/7360117

Would this be a durable bag for work/everyday use for many years? Does it need conditioning/waterproof spray? I would say I am rough with my bags (e.g. on the floor, or in the crook of my arm, bumping against things). However, my hope is the dark colour will hide the wear and tear over time.

(I read earlier in this thread that it can tolerate getting rained on, which is good to hear, at least!)

Thank you in advance for the help! Apologies for so many questions! c:

Hello all,

New to the purse forum and to high(er) end bags in general. I found this Longchamp 3D tote in midnight blue on Nordstrom Rack's site, which looks like a good deal: https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/longchamp-small-crossbody-tote-bag/7360117

Would this be a durable bag for work/everyday use for many years? Does it need conditioning/waterproof spray? I would say I am rough with my bags (e.g. on the floor, or in the crook of my arm, bumping against things). However, my hope is the dark colour will hide the wear and tear over time.

(I read earlier in this thread that it can tolerate getting rained on, which is good to hear, at least!)

Thank you in advance for the help! Apologies for so many questions! c:
LC leathers are very durable. Just use a good quality leather cleaner and conditioner (f.e. Apple Brand or Collonil) regularly and you'll be fine. 3D will show deep scratches but you can actually make some scratches disappear by rubbing a walnut or some beeswax on them.

• Insightful
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Hello Amazona, thank you for the advice! Interestingly, after I made that reply earlier, I went and contacted Longchamp's customer service to ask the same questions. What they said matches your suggestions.
To paraphrase (in case anyone is curious):
--You should use a conditioning cream on the bag (even if brand new!) to maintain the leather
--You should NOT use a waterproofing spray of any kind, as it may damage or discolor the leather
--A little bit of rain is fine, but the leather should not get soaked through or it will be damaged
...This gives me some peace of mind, whew! I will go shopping for Apple leather conditioner now. (:

Hello Amazona, thank you for the advice! Interestingly, after I made that reply earlier, I went and contacted Longchamp's customer service to ask the same questions. What they said matches your suggestions.
To paraphrase (in case anyone is curious):
--You should use a conditioning cream on the bag (even if brand new!) to maintain the leather
--You should NOT use a waterproofing spray of any kind, as it may damage or discolor the leather
--A little bit of rain is fine, but the leather should not get soaked through or it will be damaged
...This gives me some peace of mind, whew! I will go shopping for Apple leather conditioner now. (:
Forgot to mention Saphir, which is a brand LC sells. But any good quality conditioner will keep your bag going for years. 👍

Hello again everyone! Another curious question--I saw eBay sells these Longchamp 3D logo "emblems"...has anyone swapped their logo before? Is it hard to do? (I'm worried of damaging the notched corners, heh.)

I couldn't find much information on Google other than it was a "personalization" event back in 2017. However, I'm tempted to get some just to give the bag some colour contrast. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 068862CE-43F0-4B77-BE63-B195A228ECA1.png
    068862CE-43F0-4B77-BE63-B195A228ECA1.png
    472.2 KB · Views: 0