"Loners"

1. For the girls who spend a lot of time alone and best enjoy their own company, were you always this way? Or was it a development?

Thanks for sharing. :heart:

2. I always enjoyed being alone more than with a bunch of people. The older I get, the less I want to be around anyone. That sounds pretty bad, huh?

3. I've always been like this, my mother told me that even very little I distanted myself from kids if their playing got to loud etc.

4. You old curmudgeon you, Irishgal! Just kidding, you know I adore you. :drool: <--- I'm creepy!!!

5. I was never a social butterfly, and after going through a tough time in middle school and high school, it's gotten to the point where while I don't mind doing things with people, I don't NEED to have people around me ALL THE TIME.

6. I've always been around a lot of people... roommates, sorority sisters, friends, and family. Now that I literally know ONE person in the city I live in, I feel a little alone, but it's not half as bad as I thought it would be. I guess the old maxim is right, "If you can't enjoy your own company, who else would?" Good thing I found out I like myself! I do feel sort of sorry that I don't have a big group of girlfriends to go out with and explore the city, though!

7. Intel-when we are really old we will probably be super cranky old broads that all the kids in the neighborhood love to tease and torment. I can't wait!!

8. I'm definitely a lonewolf. Always been like this. Granted, I can be very social and outgoing if I want to but the real me is a bit of a hermit.

I just like my alone-time. My life is often consumed by other things, so I rarely get time to myself to do what I want. This is why I enjoy going to movies and eating out by myself. Ppl think it's sad, I happpen to like it.:yes:

9. If it were not for loners there would be no computer science.

10. so I guess you are a computer genius, Irishgal;)

11. Never claimed to be, why?

12. I like being alone...I was a shy girl when I was younger, and I just grew accustomed to diong things myself (which probably can explain why I'm perpetually single, hahaha). I like having friends around me, but being able to think for myself and just relax is so wonderful to me. I even like eating alone at restaurants, something I know not too many people like.

13. I realized fairly recently that although I enjoy people, I need to "re-charge" with alone time afterward, because I feel drained. This is most significant if I am in a large group of people. Apparently this is common with introverts.

I have always been kind of a loner, or enjoyed the company of a few people. Some of us are just like that!

14. I've always really enjoyed being alone... it gives me more time to do the things I like to do. I'm not a very social person, though I do like to go to parties and the like on occasion. Since I rarely do, it's kind of refreshing when I do something like that... does that make sense? Don't get me wrong, I go to movies, shop, out to dinner, and hang out with friends on the weekends, it's just rarely more than 2 or 3 people. I feel more comfortable alone or just with very little people. My parents used to worry that it was a problem when I was younger, but it's part of what always kept me out of trouble I think.

15. I've always been pretty quiet at times; I did have a few very close friends back in elementary school. But then they moved away, so I no longer had a 'main' group of friends. I started going out with friends less and less, and now I realize that I don't even enjoy the company of others that much anymore, since I don't have BEST friends who I'm extremely close with.
    I actually like spending time alone rather than with others. I like the feeling of knowing I have a few friends I can count on but I just don't like being around them much..(that sounds kinda bad lol :P)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice