Londons Legacy

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
whenever people think about fashion icons in france, they think LV, in england, they think signature burberry, but what about the other ones? what designers does london have that have their own signature style?

theres paul smith..

aarti said:
whenever people think about fashion icons in france, they think LV, in england, they think signature burberry, but what about the other ones? what designers does london have that have their own signature style?

theres paul smith..
Jo Malone comes to mind.

aarti said:

theres paul smith..
Jo Malone comes to mind as an English fragrance icon.

The tailors of Savile Row- what is this? is this a suit company or something?
Turnbull & Asser- this is a proper shirt store?
Russell & Bromley- love their look back at the past section, i want those early shoes, so elegant and glamorous!
Laura Ashley- goes without saying
Smythson of Bond St- im liking, in the summer i want to buy a bag (of course) and a journal and that secretarie! think i will buy their stationary too, only theirs to be like my signature..just dont like the pigskin.

Savile Row is an area near Bond St in London and there is a cluster of tailors (suit shops) who make bespoke suits. They are famous for their workmanship. Prince Charles goes there for his suits! You get the idea...