Travel LONDON! tips - questions - advice

Just booking a little trip to London for Christmas! Going 19th-21st December. I haven't been to London for about a year so I'm excited! :yahoo: any hotel recs would be appreciated!
Haven’t stayed at The Browns Hotel, but did go there for afternoon tea a few times when family came to visit. It’s not as talked about as other afternoon tea places in London, but I really enjoyed it, especially around Christmas time. There’s a fireplace that will be lit then, and along with the decorations, it will be extra cozy. It’s on the pricier side, but at Christmas it’s worth it, particularly if you book ahead and go on a weekday afternoon. The food’s great if you like English sandwiches and pastries done more on the traditional side (: Also, gelato at Gelateria 3BIS. They’ll have panettone there in December as well. Not sure if you’ve already been to either, but I just thought I’d share in case others haven’t!

Reactions: jaskg144
I'm headed to London next summer with my kids (age 12 and 14). I'd love some recommendations for family-friendly, moderately-priced restaurants in Kensington and suggestions for fun places to get afternoon tea with the kids.

I'm headed to London next summer with my kids (age 12 and 14). I'd love some recommendations for family-friendly, moderately-priced restaurants in Kensington and suggestions for fun places to get afternoon tea with the kids.
If you like burgers, Honest Burgers’ are my favorite. There are quite a few around the city, one being in the South Ken area. For pizza, I’ve heard people say Pizza Pilgrims is great, but I personally haven’t been. There’s also quite a few around London. sketch is quite popular for afternoon tea, but it’s expensive. The all-pink interior is fun, like something out of a Wes Anderson film!

Haven’t stayed at The Browns Hotel, but did go there for afternoon tea a few times when family came to visit. It’s not as talked about as other afternoon tea places in London, but I really enjoyed it, especially around Christmas time. There’s a fireplace that will be lit then, and along with the decorations, it will be extra cozy. It’s on the pricier side, but at Christmas it’s worth it, particularly if you book ahead and go on a weekday afternoon. The food’s great if you like English sandwiches and pastries done more on the traditional side (: Also, gelato at Gelateria 3BIS. They’ll have panettone there in December as well. Not sure if you’ve already been to either, but I just thought I’d share in case others haven’t!

Thanks for the suggestions! I lived in London for years and never went to any of these places so I will check them out :loveeyes: I love London at Christmas time.

If you like burgers, Honest Burgers’ are my favorite. There are quite a few around the city, one being in the South Ken area. For pizza, I’ve heard people say Pizza Pilgrims is great, but I personally haven’t been. There’s also quite a few around London. sketch is quite popular for afternoon tea, but it’s expensive. The all-pink interior is fun, like something out of a Wes Anderson film!

@roxytangerine - Pizza Pilgrims is lovely :biggrin: I went there a lot when I lived in London. Byron Burger, Shake Shack and Burger & Lobster are all great restaurants and relatively affordable too.

Reactions: roxytangerine
Just back from London so I thought I would update this with some hotel/food suggestions from our trip:

We stayed at the Radisson Blu Hampshire in Leicester Square and it was GORGEOUS. Perfect central location, beautiful interiors, lovely bar and restaurant.

Dishoom, Covent Garden:
IMG_0327.jpg
IMG_0328.jpg

If you like Indian food, go here. It is decorated beautifully and the food is great. Very authentic Indian (according to my Indian husband).

Bunsik:
IMG_0330.jpg

We had a Korean corn dog from Bunsik and it was life changing. Sooooo good.

Sticks n Sushi, Covent Garden:
IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg

This has always been one of my favourite sushi spots in London and I love it more and more each time.

Bill's, Covent Garden:
IMG_0329.jpg

Great food, we went for breakfast!