Logo bags coming back?

Personally, I don't care for logos. Regardless of the logo, I think its advertising the bag you have (look at me, look how much I spent) or its a fake. I do know that many logos are timeless, authentic LV & Gucci to begin with. And I used to carry both of those & Coach. But in the past several years with the prevalence of fakes & developing a more understated style, I tend to shy away from logos. Just my $0.02.:smile:

I never knew they went away - ? I love logos, well some of them, some are way too OTT. And I have quite a few logo bags b/c I hardly ever wear prints and I like the pop!!

I have always noticed Dooney, Coach, Gucci and LV, but what I have noticed in the past few years is that more and more less expensive designers are making logo bags such as Guess, XOXO, etc... I see those all over the place where I live.
That's why I love Chanel. They usually just have one small or one big CC logo and that's it.

:heart:

I'm not into all-over monograms anymore. I felt stupid for buying a Gucci with monogram canvas. I sold it recently, thankfully.

I don't think logos ever went out of style. I love logo stuff. There are ways to make logos look stylish and tasteful without just having a name brand written on something.

There seems to be an increase around here, too, but that is probably due to fake kiosks proliferating in the malls. Ick. So many people assume that monogram bags are fake, especially if they are brand new and have no patina, that it makes them less appealing for me. I'm not ruling out owning another monogram bag, but right now there is nothing that appeals to me.

And I agree about the proliferation of mono bags from every brand, no matter how high or low. Liz Claiborne, XOXO, Guess and others are everywhere! I fail to see the appeal of these bags, but to each their own.

I haven't seen an increase in mono bags. To me it seems the same number of people are carrying them. I think logo bags are okay for some occasions, such as when I want to make add something to a plain outfit. But for the most part, I stick with leather.

For years I carried LV Monogram bags, and I have a pretty nice collection. But I am tired of carrying them, and am certainly done buying them. Since joining TPF, I have had my eyes opened to so many beautiful leather bags, my head is spinning. I am bored by monogram now.

i don't think monogram is 'coming back', they're as huge as ever. i think there was a monogram 'comeback' maybe 10 years ago or more and since then there are more and more of them, and lesser-known brands are jumping on the mono-wagon and designing their own.
i don't wear monogram because why should i be the one paying a fortune to advertise a brand??? if they paid me to wear it, i might reconsider but otherwise, no. i also think they are too flashy, too 'look at me!' and i just don't like show-offy things or status symbol fashion. same goes for a single logo on a bag or item of clothing or on sunglasses (i just hate finding a great pair of sunglasses only to discover there's a huge gaudy logo on the side): if it's too big or too visible, i'll pass.