LNW and Maice Present a Joint Reveal!

Congratulations to both of you… and what are the odds that you would each find one of these delicious bags over the same weekend, during the same contest?

I never even knew that Balenciaga made a quilted bag. Do they still? Now that Marc Jacobs has discontinued his quilted line, I'm having "quilting withdrawal"… :P

At any rate, wear them (each of them) in good health. They are both in lovely condition. If either of you is stranded on Ban Island overnight without a pillow, you can simply cuddle up with your Matelasse(s) and drift off to dreamland. It would be like sleeping on a cloud! :cloud9:

Thanks Elaine! This style is unfortunately discontinued but they seem to pop up on the pre-owned market pretty regularly which makes me happy :happydance:
I don't know why these designers are not continuing their quilted lines - I think they are beautiful!
And now perhaps, I will take my Matelasse, and go take a nap in a hammock on the island. Can't have bad dreams if that is where my head is resting right???

Thank you, Elaine! :biggrin: What were the chances indeed?! It almost seemed fated. And yes - they're the perfect pillows for B.I.! :graucho:

I have to be honest that I didn't even know this style existed.. Thanks for opening my eyes to such a great style... It looks like it can hold a lot. Can you fit the same stuff in there as a City?

Ban Island moves so quickly.. I can't keep up.. I'll pop in to say hi but think I'll be a very bad influence if I am a resident. ;)

Congrats again!

It is a great style - it's too bad they discontinued it but at least they're around on the pre-owned market. That works for me :biggrin:

I have found that it holds a lot - I don't have a city so I cannot compare - Maice can and I'm sure she'll let you know but I would guess it holds as much if not more than a City.
In mine, I can fit a full size wallet, large pouch, smaller pouch, good sized makeup bag, iPad Mini, a book, sunglasses in a case, and headphones - all with room to spare.
Oh, and this is the Medium size which I believe Maice has also - I can't imagine how much more you could fit into the large size :graucho:

I agree with Lnw - it does hold a lot! I'm able to fit my Kindle, a big wallet, my make-up pouch, my rather bulky Windows phone, sunglasses case - with room to spare!

I can do a comparison of how much it fits versus my City later when I'm feeling better... I'm not feeling too well right now, unfortunately. When I do feel better and get the chance, I'll also take comparison pics for you Tara. :biggrin:

I didn't know the mirrors were quilted too--such a great touch. Both of the "twins" look wonderful and soft--congrats on your great find(s)!

I adore the quilted mirrors too!

The quilted mirror is so adorable. I think it adds so much to the bag. Very well thought out and definitely one of my favorite things about the bag!
:heart:

Thank you, kemilia! :biggrin: ITA with you that the quilted mirror is a great touch.

Oh and your boy is so handsome, too! Congrats Maice! These bags are so fluffy and soft looking....:graucho:enjoy!

Thanks GG! And no worries, you haven't been calling me the wrong name. I don't really care what you call me - I guess as long as its not anything bad :roflmfao:
Maice had such a great idea to do this twin reveal - its been so much fun. I just feel bad - she's had to wait so long for me but at long last, we were able to show off our twins!

Thank you, GG! :biggrin: He IS handsome, isn't he? :graucho:

Lnw - I was calling you Inw this whole time too... I should have realized it was an L considering your real name! :P And I really, sincerely did not mind waiting at all! ;)

What a fluffy, fun reveal! And yes--the mirrors! Great touch (literally and figuratively). Also, having only seen these online, I had no idea that they come in two different sizes. I must keep that in mind if I am ever tempted to by one. The pink is lovely, but I admit that I favor the French Blue (one of my favorite Bal colors--I have a silky City in this shade, so I know how lovely the leather is). lnw: is your Malatesse from the same year at Maice's bag (which would be Fall '07, right)??