LNW and Maice Present a Joint Reveal!

Congratulations to both of you… and what are the odds that you would each find one of these delicious bags over the same weekend, during the same contest?

I never even knew that Balenciaga made a quilted bag. Do they still? Now that Marc Jacobs has discontinued his quilted line, I'm having "quilting withdrawal"… :P

At any rate, wear them (each of them) in good health. They are both in lovely condition. If either of you is stranded on Ban Island overnight without a pillow, you can simply cuddle up with your Matelasse(s) and drift off to dreamland. It would be like sleeping on a cloud! :cloud9:

I have to be honest that I didn't even know this style existed.. Thanks for opening my eyes to such a great style... It looks like it can hold a lot. Can you fit the same stuff in there as a City?

Ban Island moves so quickly.. I can't keep up.. I'll pop in to say hi but think I'll be a very bad influence if I am a resident. ;)

Congrats again!

It is a great style - it's too bad they discontinued it but at least they're around on the pre-owned market. That works for me :biggrin:

I have found that it holds a lot - I don't have a city so I cannot compare - Maice can and I'm sure she'll let you know but I would guess it holds as much if not more than a City.
In mine, I can fit a full size wallet, large pouch, smaller pouch, good sized makeup bag, iPad Mini, a book, sunglasses in a case, and headphones - all with room to spare.
Oh, and this is the Medium size which I believe Maice has also - I can't imagine how much more you could fit into the large size :graucho:

Congratulations to both of you… and what are the odds that you would each find one of these delicious bags over the same weekend, during the same contest?

I never even knew that Balenciaga made a quilted bag. Do they still? Now that Marc Jacobs has discontinued his quilted line, I'm having "quilting withdrawal"… :P

At any rate, wear them (each of them) in good health. They are both in lovely condition. If either of you is stranded on Ban Island overnight without a pillow, you can simply cuddle up with your Matelasse(s) and drift off to dreamland. It would be like sleeping on a cloud! :cloud9:
Thanks Elaine! This style is unfortunately discontinued but they seem to pop up on the pre-owned market pretty regularly which makes me happy :happydance:
I don't know why these designers are not continuing their quilted lines - I think they are beautiful!
And now perhaps, I will take my Matelasse, and go take a nap in a hammock on the island. Can't have bad dreams if that is where my head is resting right???

I didn't know the mirrors were quilted too--such a great touch. Both of the "twins" look wonderful and soft--congrats on your great find(s)!

A reveal indeed! And, a long awaited one at that... it all started around the 4th of July. I'll let Maice tell her story but here's mine.

So, on Ban Island, where we are all admittedly not so much on a Ban as we are shopping within boundaries, we had a task assigned to us for the 4th of July. We were to look for bags that were Red, White, or Blue (or in some cases, all those colors) and the more bags we found, the more points we got.
So, I began searching and stumbled across a bag that peaked my interest. The price was right to fit within the limits of our allowance on Ban Island so I decided to go for it.
After I had ordered my bag, I saw Maice post on Ban Island that she had purchased the same style bag. She then had the brilliant idea that we reveal our bags together so here we are all this time later, finally!

And now, without further ado, my pink Matelasse! Isn't she such a pretty girl???

She is a gorgeous girl!!! Congrats Lnw! All this time I thought it was Inw....so sorry I've been calling you the wrong "name". She looks so soft! I love the you and Maice did a twin reveal:graucho: Enjoy, I know you will:graucho:

Same as Lnw, I found my Matelassé while looking for red, white, and blue Bals for our 4th of July challenge. I stumbled upon this French Blue Matelassé and fell in love! It was also at a great price point, and well within our Ban Island price limit.

If Lnw's baby is a girl, mine is her fraternal twin brother :biggrin:

Here he is!!!

Oh and your boy is so handsome, too! Congrats Maice! These bags are so fluffy and soft looking....:graucho:enjoy!

It is a great style - it's too bad they discontinued it but at least they're around on the pre-owned market. That works for me :biggrin:

I have found that it holds a lot - I don't have a city so I cannot compare - Maice can and I'm sure she'll let you know but I would guess it holds as much if not more than a City.
In mine, I can fit a full size wallet, large pouch, smaller pouch, good sized makeup bag, iPad Mini, a book, sunglasses in a case, and headphones - all with room to spare.
Oh, and this is the Medium size which I believe Maice has also - I can't imagine how much more you could fit into the large size :graucho:

Wow, they really can hold a lot! Awesome! :biggrin:

Thanks GG! And no worries, you haven't been calling me the wrong name. I don't really care what you call me - I guess as long as its not anything bad :roflmfao:
Maice had such a great idea to do this twin reveal - its been so much fun. I just feel bad - she's had to wait so long for me but at long last, we were able to show off our twins!

Absolutely amazing! Congrats to both Inw and Maice! Your Matelasse(s) are beyond gorgeous. Just desserts will be offered on B Ban Island immediately! Congrats again, my friends!

:yahoo:

FINALLY!!

You guys are too cute.. :hugs:

I really like this style, and the colors suit the bags beautifully.

Congrats to both of you. Great finds ladies. :ghi5: