Lizard durability for a wallet?

I have had a purple lizzie Bearn wallet for 2 years and for all the use/abuse it gets riding around in my bag, it has held up better and longer than the one I had in Epsom!

Thank you for your input, ladies. WingNut, I have a card case in Epsom, I've had it for two years, and it's very very worn. But it gets more abuse than a wallet since I shove it into my back pocket and coat pockets, on a daily basis. The wallet would mostly sit in my bag.

I have a lizard wallet (not Hermes) that I've used for 20 years and it's wonderful. VERY durable.

I have a non-H lizard wallet as well. It's T. Anthony and very well-made and a handsome red French style. I loved it until I bought a nearly identical red epi LV wallet (Koala.) I wore the lizard for many years and it is pristine. For something I use everyday, I look at my wallets and cannot figure out why they look as good as they do. And, why are they all red?
Except my Hermes Dogon.

Mistikat, I purchased a snake skin watch band and do not like the way the scales are wearing. It's not a BV, but my SA told me that the scales can be treated and placed back where they belong -- scale by scale. I would think that BV would honor a warranty no matter where in the world it was purchased.

Anything that has small scales will curl up and peel in time. I'm unsure about lizard, but I've had the best python...and they curl up and peel...it took years but it happened and it's the nature of the skin. You can moisturize all you want and I was told to glue back the scales if it's just a few. But after awhile, there's little that can be done. Why not call Claude at Hermes in NYC at the flagship store and ask him. He's very nice.

I was thinking of buying some H sandals in python, now I'm not sure from what you've said about the scales peeling

I have a pair of Night in python and even though I don't wear them all the time, so far they still look brand new. I think I've had them for less than a year though, and I never wear them when it's wet out.

On a different note, I have a pair of MB sandals in lizzard and they are the most indestructible leather ever. It still looks brand new after two years! (I think shoes take a lot more abuse than wallet)

Since I am quite into lizard & python skins in the last few months, I've had varies conversations with SAs from different fashion houses. I also had some experience with snake skin in the past so those conversation confirmed what I knew. Python/snake skin is quite dissimilar to lizard skin, even though both are from animals crawling on the ground. Python skin is probably the most delicate of all, the scale WILL lift up, curl within very short period of use. It's just how the skin is and there is little one can do about it. Lizard on the other hand is quite hardy. Bags and leather goods are made from big lizards' skin there for it's very thick. As long as you keep it out of water, it really is indestructible! Hope this helps a bit.

Reactions: Ellie1647
I have a pair of Night in python and even though I don't wear them all the time, so far they still look brand new. I think I've had them for less than a year though, and I never wear them when it's wet out.

On a different note, I have a pair of MB sandals in lizzard and they are the most indestructible leather ever. It still looks brand new after two years! (I think shoes take a lot more abuse than wallet)

Thanks for the feedback, I think I might give them a try then. I have H sandals in lizard and I agree lizard does seem industructible. I wear them by the pool, they have got wet and suffered no effect

I have a pink lizard constance wallet and it is holding up nicely (and I'm not delicate with my things at all!)-

918bf350-1.jpg