Little Girls in Makeup ??

I started to wear foundation at 13, then eyeshadow with 14, 15... Though my mother kept saying "don't wear black eye makeup" I kept wearing it... so I basically did what I wanted. After all, it's my own face and I can paint it how I want it. If I have a kid one day, well who am I to forbid it... ok, 10 is a tad too young for full eye makeup lol

I started to wear foundation at 13, then eyeshadow with 14, 15... Though my mother kept saying "don't wear black eye makeup" I kept wearing it... so I basically did what I wanted. After all, it's my own face and I can paint it how I want it. If I have a kid one day, well who am I to forbid it... ok, 10 is a tad too young for full eye makeup lol

That's disrespectful to your mother. The whole it's my face/body argument would have gotten me thrown out the house at that age. My mom did not play disrespect in her house.

That's disrespectful to your mother. The whole it's my face/body argument would have gotten me thrown out the house at that age. My mom did not play disrespect in her house.

It is somewhat disrespectful. While I believe that it is my body and I can do what I want with it, I know that in my teenage years if my parents had something to say to me they have good reason to. If they tell me 'don't get that piercing', I would heed the warning and think it through a few more years.

They tend to have good reasons telling you not to do things.

I started wearing eyeshadows and gloss around 8th grade (around 13), and my mom didn't really mind at all. Then after that, I got bored of it, and I stopped wearing it completely, except for the gloss. Only now recently, I've picked up interest again! :biggrin: I guess if I ever have a daughter, I won't be too restrictive with her choices unless it's really outrageous, then I would probably chime in! Luckily I won't have to for a while since it's only DS and us.

Nothing wrong with a little lip gloss. I know in High School most girls wore makeup-I didnt. My daughter is too young for me to say for sure but my guess is only lip gloss to start. From there maybe a little mascara. If her makeup is subtle I dont think i'll mind but if she tries heavy eyeliner, blush, dark lipliner (Which is just plain ugly young or old) she'll be cut off from makeup.

Nothing wrong with a little lip gloss. I know in High School most girls wore makeup-I didnt. My daughter is too young for me to say for sure but my guess is only lip gloss to start. From there maybe a little mascara. If her makeup is subtle I dont think i'll mind but if she tries heavy eyeliner, blush, dark lipliner (Which is just plain ugly young or old) she'll be cut off from makeup.

omg YES, dark lipliner is plain ugly!!!! I hate how women go around with their lips lined in dark colors, it's very unattractive. My mom lets me wear makeup because it's always subtle (unless its for modeling..) and I MUST remove it carefully at the end of the day. Thats why she has bought me my bi-facil remover, Shu Uemura cleansing oil, etc.

omg YES, dark lipliner is plain ugly!!!! I hate how women go around with their lips lined in dark colors, it's very unattractive. My mom lets me wear makeup because it's always subtle (unless its for modeling..) and I MUST remove it carefully at the end of the day. Thats why she has bought me my bi-facil remover, Shu Uemura cleansing oil, etc.

Dark liner is the worst & a lot of girls in high school (I'm 28) did that-:tdown:I dont see too many women with dark liner these days.

I certainly dont want my daughter growing up too fast but at the same time I need to pick & choose my battles. I think as long as teens do it tastefully it's ok. What am I saying? :wtf: Everyone already feels sorry for my daughter's days ahead, lol.

I was allowed to wear clear lip gloss at 11 or 12 and when I turned 15 my mom took me shopping to the Almay counter at JcPenny and got me eyeshadow, mascara and blush in toned down neutral colors. I wasn't allowed to wear foundation until I was like 16 or 17.

I let me 8 year old niece play with makeup in the house, but she has to wipe it off if we leave.

hmm im 13 and i only wear tinted lip balm/chapstick and spf lotion, and translucent powder... i tried some eyeliner in 6th grade for a week, then i decided that it looked trashy, now the only time i wear any eye makeup its usually on special occasions like school concerts or practicing in front of the mirror...

EWWWWWWWW I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THAT:cursing::cursing: ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLE WEAR LIGHT LIPGLOSS AND DARK LIP LINEAR! UH THAT IS ONE OF MY PET PEEVES:cursing::cursing:

I started wearing makeup in 6th grade - just a little lipgloss to school and that was it. Then in 7th grade, I started wearing powdered foundations (which were so wrong for my skin type), mascara, HEAVY black eyeliner, and eyeshadow. My mom let me do it, too. Never told me it looked horrid, but oh well. Haha. But, yeah, it looked COMPLETELY horrible - I used the wrong shade of foundation, making me look ghostly white and as if I was sick daily. Heavy eyeliner with that ghostly white, cakey foundation - ahh. :yucky: I was a horrible mess, and I thought I looked flawless. Continued on with that routine until the summer before 9th grade. I was focused on transforming myself, and making myself look better. I spent hours and hours on the computer, reading reviews on makeup, how to apply it properly, what this does, what that does, what's in this and that, and just so much work. Then, I went out and bought the make up according to what I learned about my skin, and the different products. Now, I wear the proper foundation [very natural looking], concealer, light dusting of translucent powder, a little bit of blush, mascara and the occasional eyeliner if I feel like doing something special. I'm pretty proud of how far I've come from 7th grade to now [10th grade]. My makeup is very natural, smooth and exactly the way I thought I looked in 7th grade. So, yeah. Quite a journey. :yes:

With that being said, I think wearing lipgloss and the occasional concealer for a blemish is good in 7th grade. Upgrade to some mascara in 8th grade. Then in highschool, you can branch out once you know how to properly apply it.