Lip “flip” with Botox

bisousx

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Has anyone tried this before, in lieu of a traditional lip lift? Would love to hear any stories and results.

I’ve always been curious about lip lifts, but don’t like the cost, recovery or the fact that they don’t last a long time. A Botox alternative sounds appealing!

I have a friend who is very committed to having her lips filled all the time. I thought this would be an interesting thread, I'm surprised no one has responded!

Reactions: bisousx
Ok, reporting back.

I was injected 12 units yesterday. I can already see that I don’t lose my top lip when I smile. The top lip is also ever-so-slightly flipped out.

The Dr warned me that some girls aren’t able to pronounce P’s and B’s very well, but I’m fine so far.

Will post if there’s more to report but so far, pretty happy with the results and the low cost!

Reactions: Swanky
Ok, reporting back.

I was injected 12 units yesterday. I can already see that I don’t lose my top lip when I smile. The top lip is also ever-so-slightly flipped out.

The Dr warned me that some girls aren’t able to pronounce P’s and B’s very well, but I’m fine so far.

Will post if there’s more to report but so far, pretty happy with the results and the low cost!

Oh exciting! My friend who administers injections said the lip flip is why a lot of girls from straws on the side of their mouth too, the botox numbs the center of the lip sometimes. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts. It lasts like Botox, ya?

Oh exciting! My friend who administers injections said the lip flip is why a lot of girls from straws on the side of their mouth too, the botox numbs the center of the lip sometimes. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts. It lasts like Botox, ya?

My doctor said the same thing, some of
his patients reported difficulty drinking out of straws or smoking.

I read the botox here might not last as long as other areas, but we’ll see. It was less than $100 for me!

Reactions: Swanky
I've been doing a lip flip for a few years now and highly recommend it as an alternative to filler. You will need to get it done every six months or so, depending on your metabolism.

I went to a new doctor and she did this on me. I never heard of this before. I wasn’t even sure why she wanted to do it, but, since I was there and it is temporary, I said yes. I have naturally a full upper lip. Even before duck lips were the rage, I was teased for having these type of lips. So, fillers in the lip is not for me. As I am aging, my upper lip is tight and there is a ridge right above my upper lip. I never thought about my lips before or any type of treatment for them.
The doctor injected 50 units in the area above the upper lip. Today, they look even fuller, but much more relaxed. Not sticking out like fillers tend to do to lips. My lip remains flush to my face. The ridge is also gone. If anything bothered me about my lips, it would have been the ridge.
I will definitely keep doing this area. I love the relaxed results!

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing!

I've been doing a lip flip for a few years now and highly recommend it as an alternative to filler. You will need to get it done every six months or so, depending on your metabolism.

I went to a new doctor and she did this on me. I never heard of this before. I wasn’t even sure why she wanted to do it, but, since I was there and it is temporary, I said yes. I have naturally a full upper lip. Even before duck lips were the rage, I was teased for having these type of lips. So, fillers in the lip is not for me. As I am aging, my upper lip is tight and there is a ridge right above my upper lip. I never thought about my lips before or any type of treatment for them.
The doctor injected 50 units in the area above the upper lip. Today, they look even fuller, but much more relaxed. Not sticking out like fillers tend to do to lips. My lip remains flush to my face. The ridge is also gone. If anything bothered me about my lips, it would have been the ridge.
I will definitely keep doing this area. I love the relaxed results!

Reactions: inverved
It’s been a few days for me since I had it done, and it looks great! My upper lip is already proportionate to the lower lip - not pillowy but it could go without fillers for sure. The lip flip allows my top lip to angle out more without adding volume, and it’s still full when I smile!

I’m feeling the numbness/slight paralysis feeling in my upper lip - it feels a little weird but hasn’t caused any impediments yet.