Lip “flip” with Botox

Or 50 units of Dysport maybe?
No, Botox. I think 15. 50 can cover the whole face!

Adding to this, while watching Netflix, I can see some actresses have had this done (I am guessing). The upper lip area gets long looking and dragged down and the lip flips into a pout. The lip sticks out like one is ready to throw a tantrum. I don’t know for a fact, but I compare my upper lip to theirs and it is the same.
I won’t be getting this done again. I think the look is subtle, but i am not used to not engaging that area when speaking.

Last edited:
Reactions: bisousx and baghagg
Whew! I was concerned that you would even be able to speak if it was 50 units. I like the idea of it, but I get a bit of weirdness when doing the sides of my mouth for frowning so I can imagine the lip would be really annoying.

Whew! I was concerned that you would even be able to speak if it was 50 units. I like the idea of it, but I get a bit of weirdness when doing the sides of my mouth for frowning so I can imagine the lip would be really annoying.

The paralysis is a tad annoying. I’ve had Botox in my forehead once before, but didn’t notice a thing. The upper lip is a bit difficult to move my lips in some moments but most of the time, I’m fine and feeling normal.

I have moments where I feel like I’m speaking the way Drew Barrymore does. I guess it could be embarrassing if I’m in midst of a long conversation and start to feel self-conscious. Just being honest here! Haha

Last edited:
No, Botox. I think 15. 50 can cover the whole face!

Adding to this, while watching Netflix, I can see some actresses have had this done (I am guessing). The upper lip area gets long looking and dragged down and the lip flips into a pout. The lip sticks out like one is ready to throw a tantrum. I don’t know for a fact, but I compare my upper lip to theirs and it is the same.
I won’t be getting this done again. I think the look is subtle, but i am not used to not engaging that area when speaking.

Now I can also tell which actresses have had it done too! If I had to describe my lips now in a relaxed state, I think the cupids bow is more curled... but not pouty for me.

50 units sounds like a lot, I went yesterday for it, I asked for the least/most natural. She said the least is 4 units, but can go up to 7. That's no where near 50!

Reactions: bisousx
I was thinking of going for this as well so I appreciate all the comments. No I am reconsidering after hearing about the numbness. Does anyone else have pictures they would be willing to share - I would love to see more before/after pics if people are willing to share. Thanks!

I didn't take pics, but I just went yesterday. I'll update my experience.
I googled lots of pics and liked how it didn't look like a trout pout, much more natural, also doesn't really last very long and isn't expensive, so easy enough to want to try!

50 units sounds like a lot, I went yesterday for it, I asked for the least/most natural. She said the least is 4 units, but can go up to 7. That's no where near 50!
Ha! I believe I made a mistake. Maybe 15 or 5? Either way, not doing it again. When I drink out of a cup, my upper lip doesn’t move. Such a strange sensation. One I don’t like.

Probably 5. She was really specific about it being between 4-7 depending on desired effect.
I’m not having any issues with mine at 4, I can’t tell a difference unless I smile. No one will detect it I’m sure!

Reactions: TC1
Probably 5. She was really specific about it being between 4-7 depending on desired effect.
I’m not having any issues with mine at 4, I can’t tell a difference unless I smile. No one will detect it I’m sure!
I just went and also had 4. I love how subtle it is! I have no upper lip to speak of, this just seems to lift a bit without a filler aspect. Which I didn't want to do.

Reactions: Swanky
I do 4.5 (one side gets a little extra) and I love it.

One thing I noticed is that all the med spas in south FL refuse to do it and instead push for lip filler. I got talked into a half syringe of Volbella and TBH, I was not as happy with the conservative filler as I am with regularly scheduled lip flips.

Reactions: bisousx