Links of London Sweetie vs. Sweetie XS / Sizing?

Nov 14, 2012
Hello, everyone!​

I've been asked by my ex's parents what they might buy for me as a combination Mother's Day/Birthday gift (from both of them and my son, as the ex doesn't acknowledge me on holidays). Time to come up with a gift!

Lately, I've had my heart set on a Links of London Sweetie or Sweetie XS, but I don't know a lot about LOL and I have some questions.

First: Opinions on the original Sweetie bracelet versus the Sweetie XS? I have rather small wrists (just shy of 6") and I am not certain which LOL bracelet would better suit me. I've seen photos of the original sweetie, and I've seen photos of the Sweetie XS, but very rarely do I find photos of someone wearing them, and I have yet to find a photo of the two being worn together for comparison! I do plan to put charms on the bracelet, and in photos the charms look better with the original Sweetie (in my opinion) but I worry that an original would be too "flashy" for me. I normally wear petite jewelry.

Second: Sizing. I normally don't buy bracelets in stores and, if I do, I have to take them to have them shortened because my wrists are too small. I often shop for bracelets in the children's section. My mother purchased a child's ID bracelet for me for Christmas (6.5" in length) and it hangs a bit on my wrist. The DoDo bead bracelet was perfect at 6.3", as it hung only a little when worn. I wear a 6.7" Pandora bracelet...with all of the beads.
So... Which size should I get? I'm told that the small is 5.9" and meant for a child, and that the medium is 6.2" and meant for small adults. Should I order the medium? Or take a chance with the small?

Finally, the LOL website states that bracelets should be re-strung annually, while I've read here that most do it every 2/3 years. If there isn't a LOL boutique near you (as is my case) how do you have your bracelet re-strung? And what is the fee for a new elastic?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who answers! Also, I'd love to see photos of your Sweetie and Sweetie XS bracelets!

Hi! Personally, I think that you should go for the Sweetie, since you plan on wearing charms on it. I also think you should get the medium size, as it's always better to have a slightly larger bracelet, than too small. Finally, if you can't go to a Links boutique, you can get your bracelet restrung at any jeweller that restrings pearls. At the Links boutique, they restrung my bracelet for free.