Lining up for the I'm Not a Plastic Bag?

Great photos Nishi, thanks for posting them and the updates! Your granddaughters are so cute!

If it weren't for this site, I'd be totally clueless about this whole thing!

Speaking of whole, Whole Foods is opening its first store in Hawaii next year. :yahoo:

we are what we do just emailed me that i can purchase one 'i'm not a plastic bag' package. apparently they released another batch in uk and the newsletter subscriber were randomly selected and offered a chance to buy one. i received an email today and just purchased mine. i'm so happy and can't wait to receive mine. yay:wlae::yahoo:. it'll take 4weeks to deliver to mainland uk, so i'll just have to wait for now.

^ I got the e-mail saying I could buy one, but when I go to the site, I can't get it to ship to the U.S. How did you manage to order one? I was hoping they'd change that from before, but I guess not? I was just saying how I was no longer going to try to get one because of the difficulty, but then the e-mail came and I got excited.

I just reread the e-mail, and it says they're only shipping to mainland UK.
^OMG!!!! What time did you try? I ordered last night at about 8 pm (eastern time)....I had a prob at first...when I clicked on the link it brought me to the page that the $$ was in Euro...so I logged in at that point (per the email that you had to be logged in to order), then clicked on the link again from the email and had NO PROBS......hmmmm....I'm going to check my email...I hope I didn't order for nothing...but I hope that if they WEREN"T shipping to US, my order wouldn't have gone through in the first place......BTW they charged me $20 shipping!!!:cursing:

I live in Vermont and don't have a whole foods around here. So a combination of that and apparently living under a rock has led me to not knowing about this handbag project. I'm glad that there is such a desire to own one of this bags, because it is making people aware.

^ ITA:yes:

Nishi I enjoyed your pics,congrats on getting an autographed bag.
This morning there were 345 listings on e-Bay for these things ranging anywear from 50 to 300 dollars without the autograph. :smile:

:idea: Yours might bring a grand if your could find a buyer named Denise.These designers & e-Bay sellers love us nutty women :lol:.

Elizabethk, what's the "ah account" you mentioned? Sorry, it's still early if it's something obvious, haha.

Anyhow, when I click the link in the e-mail, it brings me to a page where I log in with my e-mail, and one paragraph says, "Delivery (to mainland UK only) will be attempted just twice, after which an additional cost will be incurred, so you might want to leave a work address if that's more convenient for you."

When I log in with my e-mail and add the bag/book to my cart, the only option given is shipping to mainland UK. I was curious, so I tried filling it out anyway but it gets stuck on the postal code. It seems like, if you were able to ship to the U.S. prior to this, maybe they fixed it?

Definitely not worth the hastle for me. I have some Ecobags and large totes that work just fine. I think this bag is cute and I'd like to get one, but I'm not going to pay a bunch for it. It would be different if I could order it from a store in the U.S. or whatever, but at this point it's sort of defeating the purpose of the bag if they ship them individually, and if we have to pay a bunch of money for them.

I managed to get one of the bags on Friday (I had called AH in Short Hills a few months ago and pre-ordered it), but now, with so much hype (and the segment they just did on the bag on the Today show), I feel kind of embarassed to own it. I saw it and thought it was a cute concept. But now, with the massive craze, I'm not so sure how I feel about the bag.

I think I might wait a few months to use the bag.

Nishi I enjoyed your pics,congrats on getting an autographed bag.
This morning there were 345 listings on e-Bay for these things ranging anywear from 50 to 300 dollars without the autograph. :smile:

:idea: Yours might bring a grand if your could find a buyer named Denise.These designers & e-Bay sellers love us nutty women :lol:.

That would have to be one nutty lady named Denise to pay that! :lol:

Trader Joes has been doing this for a while now. I bought my canvas bag early last year from them. They also enter you in a weekly $500 prize drawing for using the bag on each visit. I think Whole Foods copied them.