Lily Allen: The New Face of Chanel?

ViciousBliss

Leather is Better.
Feb 27, 2007
well i love her to bits and i came across this. hadn't heard it yet and figured someone else might know something?

what do you all think??

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=24629

4276_061011_lillyallen.jpg

http://www.spin.com/articles/lily-allen-new-face-chanel

great pic
23061763---lily_allen_chanel.jpg

http://www.hollyscoop.com/lily-allen/lily-allen-does-some-damage-at-chanel_12963.aspx

^anyway Karl has been saying he used Amy Winehouse as his muse(loosely interpreted) for f/w 2008/2009, lots of beehives on his runway.

I think that's awesome too

ugh. i hate her. her music is mediocre plus shes made so many negative comments about other celebrities. shes a c list celeb, what does what she thinks matter?

stolen from wikipedia
Allen has been the subject of many controversies, mainly because of her expressed opinions of other musicians. She went to private school with Luke Pritchard of The Kooks, made some disparaging comments about them, and then covered their song "Naïve" on Jo Whiley's Live Lounge to show there were "no hard feelings". She has also called Bob Geldof a "****"[64] and a "sanctimonious prat",[65] and has claimed that Kylie Minogue performing at the Glastonbury Festival would be the ultimate insult to the event, although in context it was not an insult to Minogue.[66] Her 2007 performance on the pyramid stage included negative lyrics directed towards Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole.[67]

She also said that everyone who bought Paris Hilton's debut album should be killed off.[68]

When asked by the NME how she would celebrate if her début single, "Smile", got to Number 1 in the UK charts, she responded "gak" (a slang term for cocaine). She immediately said that she was joking, but the remark was widely quoted in the tabloid press. Allen has since apologized for the remark.[69][70] She admitted in an NME interview that she worked as an ecstasy drug dealer at the age of 15 whilst living in Sant Antoni de Portmany, though she wasn't very good at it.[71]

During her August 2007 V Festival appearances she called President Bush "a ****ing ****" and made fun of the well publicized troubles of fellow British singer Amy Winehouse saying "It's the end of the weekend, you have got to have a drink. Here's to Amy Winehouse... ha!". She also took digs at Winehouse's heroin addiction and eating disorders.[72]

Allen criticized Radiohead's decision to market their new album In Rainbows for free claiming that it will make it more difficult for bands to break into the industry. "It's arrogant for them to give their music away for free—they've got millions of pounds. It sends a weird message to younger bands who haven't done as well.”[73]

The singer accused the British Tabloids of being sexist and having a double standard in the way they treat male and female musicians. She was quoted as saying "I don't think they like young women doing well, or having fun. I mean, James Blunt goes out and gets on it and no one cares. We do that and it's all over the papers. It's sad. Those people who write for those gossip magazines, they're not even writers. They can't even punctuate."[74] She opined that she was "really irritated" at British Prime Minister Gordon Brown's decision to clamp down on celebrities public drunkenness and said a better solution would be to restrict the paparazzi.[75]

Also in that month the singer has said that her earlier comments making fun of other pop stars were a result of lack of confidence saying "I felt like 'Oh God, I'm short, fat, ugly and I hate all these people who flaunt their beauty'." She also proclaimed "I feel great at the moment. I actually don't have one bad thing to say about anything."[76]

On her television show she accused models who were appearing on her show of smelling of vomit and said she saw that the skin on the models backs was discolored and was pushing up against their spines. She said "It's really sick. It's horrible.". Several veterans of fashion shows including F!D luxe editor Tracy Achor Hayes in reaction to her remarks claimed they had never smelled vomit while sitting at fashion shows[77].

on VB
Lily recently said of Victoria: “She gives a bad image to children. No one should be that skinny.”

“I don’t care how much she says that’s her natural weight, that’s bull. She gets photographed every day and doesn’t eat anything.”

on the pussycat dolls
Lily Allen is not a fan of The Pussycat Dolls because she thinks they’re bad role models for young girls.

Currently at number 1 in the UK charts with her debut single ‘Smile’, Lily said: “I’ve got a really big problem with the Pussycat Dolls, because I think they’re a really bad role model for little girls.”

“They’re too skinny, takes all their clothes off, don’t say anything, promote womanising and look like lapdancers as far as I’m concerned.”

“It’s a really bad message to be sending young women.”

“And not just for young women - but for young men. For them to believe that that’s what women are like in real life in such a hideous concept to sell to people. It’s just terrible”.

Lily Allen blasts “overrated” Madonna, Pete Doherty and James Blunt
Thursday August 3rd, 2006 at 3:42 pm by Heather

She called the Pussycat Dolls “too skinny” lapdancers and said Victoria Beckham was too skinny too, but now Lily Allen has gone after the Queen of Pop herself, and labelled Madonna the most overrated person in the business.

She made the statement in a recent interview with GQ and added: I haven’t got anything against her at all but I don’t think anything she’s done since the early Eighties has really been, like, ‘wow’.

“She might have meant something once but I don’t know many people my age who care.”

She clearly not intending to make many friends in the music business. She took the opportunity to also hit out at Pete Doherty, saying “I do think he has to be exterminated. It is a bit dull, isn’t it? I’ve always been surrounded by smackheads anyway. It’s like ‘get over it’.”

And the only way she could describe James Blunt was “it rhymes with his surname”. Nice.

shes just an annoying kid that wants attention. i think she really has it out for skinny girls. total double standard. if you heard a celeb saying they hated chubby people... well there would be hell to pay.

Her music was fresh when it first came out and I loved it but I didn't like her slagging off other celebrities. Hmm I would love to see Nicola of Girls Aloud be the new face of Chanel. =)