Scarves Lighted magnetic display for my Hermès 90 scarves!!!

DrTr

O.G.
Jun 2, 2013
Happy weekend all!

Ever since the pandemic, when I have not had to go into an office every single day, I don’t wear as many of my 90 silks as I would love to do. I have two Hermès 4 post fixation systems so I can rotate scarves on two systems in different rooms. My 90 pieces of silky art make me so happy, and I love seeing them.

Imagine to my great delight when I found on luxurybagdisplay.com. a magnetic lighting display system! It perfectly holds a 90 between an acrylic front plate with magnets, attached to the back plate of the frame with magnets. It is very easy to put a scarf in and very easy to rotate scarves. It comes with a black frame or a gold frame. At $600 it’s actually less than the four post system and I was lucky enough to get it on sale over the Labor Day holiday. As it is packed so very carefully, it took me forever to unpack it, and about five minutes to install the scarf and plug it in.

I have no financial ties with luxurybagdisplay.com, I’m just a very happy customer with the acrylic boxes I have bought for my Hermès handbags over the years, and now I am even happier with this lighted display. I know many here display their scarves and some frame them permanently. This fixed all my problems because I don’t want to frame any permanently in case I wish to wear them. This way I can display on dim or bright LED lighting and change the scarf whenever I wish. Even my husband is thrilled as he has always loved my silk and thinks the artwork is stunning as do I. Hope this helps at least a few of you. First scarf below!! :flowers: :love:

PS I took two photographs as there’s a window across from the mantle that reflected in the acrylic and then one from an angle so the reflection doesn’t show. The scarf is La March du Zambeze noir/vert/orange H002987S 18.

IMG_8702.jpeg

IMG_8701.jpeg

Wow!
Happy weekend all!

Ever since the pandemic, when I have not had to go into an office every single day, I don’t wear as many of my 90 silks as I would love to do. I have two Hermès 4 post fixation systems so I can rotate scarves on two systems in different rooms. My 90 pieces of silky art make me so happy, and I love seeing them.

Imagine to my great delight when I found on luxurybagdisplay.com. a magnetic lighting display system! It perfectly holds a 90 between an acrylic front plate with magnets, attached to the back plate of the frame with magnets. It is very easy to put a scarf in and very easy to rotate scarves. It comes with a black frame or a gold frame. At $600 it’s actually less than the four post system and I was lucky enough to get it on sale over the Labor Day holiday. As it is packed so very carefully, it took me forever to unpack it, and about five minutes to install the scarf and plug it in.

I have no financial ties with luxurybagdisplay.com, I’m just a very happy customer with the acrylic boxes I have bought for my Hermès handbags over the years, and now I am even happier with this lighted display. I know many here display their scarves and some frame them permanently. This fixed all my problems because I don’t want to frame any permanently in case I wish to wear them. This way I can display on dim or bright LED lighting and change the scarf whenever I wish. Even my husband is thrilled as he has always loved my silk and thinks the artwork is stunning as do I. Hope this helps at least a few of you. First scarf below!! :flowers: :love:

PS I took two photographs as there’s a window across from the mantle that reflected in the acrylic and then one from an angle so the reflection doesn’t show. The scarf is La March du Zambeze noir/vert/orange H002987S 18.

View attachment 5863580

View attachment 5863581
Wow! This is really cool. Great idea for displaying.

• Love
Reactions: addiCCted and DrTr
Love it. I have the H system (shocked to read that it is now over 600 USD) but no light, which makes me sad.

Perhaps I am going to switch - changing scarves is really a pain, too.

• Love
Reactions: DrTr
Wow!

Wow! This is really cool. Great idea for displaying.

Love it. I have the H system (shocked to read that it is now over 600 USD) but no light, which makes me sad.

Perhaps I am going to switch - changing scarves is really a pain, too.
Thanks to you both. (the H system was probably 600 with tax). And yes the H one is a pain, I finally replaced 2 bottom wires with hair elastics thanks to a fellow tpf’r, it looks fine and is easier. This lighted one makes the scarf pop so much, when the light is off it still looks nice too. Can’t wait til it gets dark. :flowers:

this is so cool.. thank you... I think I'm going to get this one....

eta: does it need to be plugged in all the time? or does it run on batteries?
It is a plug only cord with LED lighting. Wouldn’t batteries have been great? Luckily I had an outlet near and could run a powerstrip out of site. The dimmer switch and cord are hidden. Glad you like it - many of us have searched forever after seeing how wonderful the scarves look lit in the boutique.

This looks so cool. Thanks for sharing. Will the light discolor the scarf? I am clueless but really love the concept of the light and frame display. Thanks

This looks so cool. Thanks for sharing. Will the light discolor the scarf? I am clueless but really love the concept of the light and frame display. Thanks
Thank you. I think over time the light will discolor scarves. However, I plan to rotate frequently as it’s so easy to do. It’s like having art in direct sunlight - it will fade if left long enough. I’ve been collecting for awhile, have plenty of scarves to cycle through :P

Reactions: cloee
I think many of us have considered this a 'gap in the market' for years.

More to the point, the scarf looks wonderful, :tup:
Thanks so much @papertiger! I had a hard time choosing the first one as there are many I wish to try :P no news flash here, but all H silk is incredible art. I was lucky to have purchased from the company before and happened to see it when browsing.:flowers:

Interesting frame. Do you think you can show more detail on the magnet? Is it magnetic strips? Also is the rolled hem affected in the frame? Any worries about the aluminum frame scratching the scarf? Is the back sort of like a LED panel that's entirely lit up when plugged in? Or just the edge that's lit up? How thick is the frame?

Last edited:
Interesting frame. Do you think you can show more detail on the magnet? Is it magnetic strips? Also is the rolled hem affected in the frame? Any worries about the aluminum frame scratching the scarf? Is the back sort of like a LED panel that's entirely lit up when plugged in? Or just the edge that's lit up? How thick is the frame?
Don’t know about rolled hem yet- have only had one day, but plan to rotate often. Magnet is flat strips around edge of frame, no worries about frame scratching, lights on edge only, frame is about 3/4 inch wide. I suggest you go to luxurybagdisplay.com where they have description and more video and pics.