Let's talk Delvaux!

Sooooo I took the plunge yesterday and finally bought my first Tempête (PM, in Végétal)! Yayyy!

The sales associates at the Palais Royal store in Paris were the absolute sweetest – so very kind and welcoming! I can’t recommend them enough.

I’m wondering: do some of you use some kind of liner / organizer for the inside of the bag? I’m a bit worried about staining it, as it is a light beige coloured leather, but I’m not sure where to find one the right size.

Attachments

• F9522031-38E3-4546-8A91-A815EDA5C0B0.jpeg
    F9522031-38E3-4546-8A91-A815EDA5C0B0.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 65
Sooooo I took the plunge yesterday and finally bought my first Tempête (PM, in Végétal)! Yayyy!

The sales associates at the Palais Royal store in Paris were the absolute sweetest – so very kind and welcoming! I can’t recommend them enough.

I’m wondering: do some of you use some kind of liner / organizer for the inside of the bag? I’m a bit worried about staining it, as it is a light beige coloured leather, but I’m not sure where to find one the right size.
I use Delvaux dust bags as organizers. I put each of my items in a separate dust bag. But I rarely have more than 3 items.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
Posting my crispy calf tempete here. Im in love and its comparable to kelly32.
I'm so in love with my new Tempête PM in Crispy Calf too. Such a beautiful, elegant bag, but so very practical for everyday life too! Compared to more delicate bags like Chanel lambskin for example, this one is much less stressful for me to wear and travel with. I can see it will stand the test of time!

I’m about to take the plunge with my first tempete mm. It has this sort of shiny matte black hardware and made of box leather - I was wondering your experience with Delvaux matte black hardware and box leather. Do they wear well over time?

I’m about to take the plunge with my first tempete mm. It has this sort of shiny matte black hardware and made of box leather - I was wondering your experience with Delvaux matte black hardware and box leather. Do they wear well over time?
Box calfskin is the king of leathers. Over time, even decades, it develops a wonderful sheen. It isn’t an easy leather for everyday wear because it scratches easily - more a going out type leather. Up to you to decide the functionality of the bag for your lifestyle.
As for the hardware, see page #176 for a discussion of the matte black. I’ve never seen shiny matte hardware - don’t know how it can be both shiny and matte.:confused1:
Good luck in your decision!

Box calfskin is the king of leathers. Over time, even decades, it develops a wonderful sheen. It isn’t an easy leather for everyday wear because it scratches easily - more a going out type leather. Up to you to decide the functionality of the bag for your lifestyle.
As for the hardware, see page #176 for a discussion of the matte black. I’ve never seen shiny matte hardware - don’t know how it can be both shiny and matte.:confused1:
Good luck in your decision!
Haha I was a little confusing with my words, perhaps the hardware is better described as a very dark grey or black shiny gunmetal. It’s the illusion collection more specifically. Was also wondering how does Delvaux box do with water, does it blister?

edit: illusion collection

Haha I was a little confusing with my words, perhaps the hardware is better described as a very dark grey or black shiny gunmetal. It’s the illusion collection more specifically. Was also wondering how does Delvaux box do with water, does it blister?

edit: illusion collection
See here for Delvaux guidelines on their leathers:

See here for Delvaux guidelines on their leathers:
Thank you for sharing the link! I find it a bit concerning that they lump all exotics together under “prestige leather”:

Since the care instructions for galuchat, lizard, ostrich and crocodilians are quite different…

Maybe they don’t trust their clients to do DIY restoration of exotics and would prefer them to bring them into their stores?:shrugs: