Let's talk Delvaux!

This lady posted a nice fake vs real photo you can use, but I'm not sure if fakes have gotten better at it or not since then.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-delvaux.308118/page-4#post-32329564
Thanks for the reply! I think this one's a fake because the engraving on the buckle looks like the fake one on this post. I also looked for authentic mini and counted the stitching on the front. I'm not sure if i'm correct but the authentic ones seem to have 13 stitches while this one has 16 i think.

This YouTuber is not particularly knowledgeable about either Delvaux or Hermès, which to me detracts from her credibility. That said, yes, Delvaux bags on the second-hand market can cost about half the price of a new bag. They aren’t status symbols like some other brands: they are more quiet luxury, under-the-radar. Therefore there is less demand for them on resale.

Personally, I don’t buy to resell, so to me the transactional value is not important. I’m trying to build a collection of Delvaux, buying a couple bags/season that best express to me the theme or spirit of that particular collection. I couldn’t do that buying on the resale market.

So it It all depends on your goals and shopping habits. I’ve never bought a used bag of any brand. This is a personal choice, with no judgement of those who do.

One of the drawbacks of buying used is authenticity. In the video in question, for example, the large, pink, slouchy “Brillant” with a very small buckle was a really bad fake.

JolieS
Thank you for your honest answer
I don't buy bags to resell either.
I have only 2 second hand bags but the owner hardly used them, it is old ysl bags.
I like my bags and I buy what really appeals me.
The only preloved bag I would buy is a croc delvaux, but I haven't met the right one for me yet.

So interested in buying my first delvaux brilliant! The bag looks soooo gorgeous. Was pondering between a brilliant or an Hermes Constance. What are your thoughts? Constance vs Brilliant
Here are some thoughts:
-Both brands are top-notch quality, and guaranteed for life of bag.
-Constance has obvious branding with the large H buckle; the Delvaux D on the Brillant buckle is more discrete.
-The shape of the bags is soooo different. You’d have to try them both to see which suits your needs and personal style. A similar Delvaux model to Constance would be the Madame.
-With Delvaux, if the boutique has the bag, you can buy it - no games like at Hermès. They’ll even order it for you if they can.
Good luck in making your decision!

Does anyone know a good place to send a Delvaux handbag for repairs? Mostly for corner wear (scruffs, faded paint) but I’m also wondering if it would be possible to re-plate chipping or polish tarnished hardware.

Please let me know. I’m not looking for perfection, it’s a vintage bag in very good condition, I just want to give the bag more years to be used.

Lastly, if I can’t find a good repair place in the USA, does Delvaux have a bag spa similar to the Hermes one? If so, how does it work?

Here are some thoughts:
-Both brands are top-notch quality, and guaranteed for life of bag.
-Constance has obvious branding with the large H buckle; the Delvaux D on the Brillant buckle is more discrete.
-The shape of the bags is soooo different. You’d have to try them both to see which suits your needs and personal style. A similar Delvaux model to Constance would be the Madame.
-With Delvaux, if the boutique has the bag, you can buy it - no games like at Hermès. They’ll even order it for you if they can.
Good luck in making your decision!
Thanks a bunch! Due to current pandemic, I guess I’ll need to wait until fall. :sad:
But so excited to go and try on the bags! I really love the quiet - no huge logo of the delvaux brilliant! So many colors to choose from!

Reactions: JolieS