Let's talk about this barenia leather.....

I admit I'm afraid of barenia. :crybaby:

I had a new barenia natural Birkin and sold it immediately. I could tell it was not the leather for me. Carried it twice and it developed spots, I took her to Claude immediately, who shrugged his shoulders and said that was to be expected with Barenia and that the spots would lessen with the years. All I could see is two years down the line and I would have an entire Birkin with scattered spots.

I can live with the surface marks on box calf, but I'm too afraid of the barenia spots !

I just bought a Birkin 30 Barenia from a TPFer and I am waiting for it now! I want something that has a little bit of the history chanel and this one is it I do believe in the photos it shows a little wear but that is waht makes it so unique I can't wait to receive it and love it like the last person did! :graucho:

IMG_3538.JPG Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what is the best product to use to expedite the rich, reddish brown, even patina on a barenia Kelly 40? It's about 5 years old, and the patina has begun (I guess), but it's still looking a little too gold/yellow for my taste. Apparently, the Hermes baume is not available it the US.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Here's what she looks like right now...

Reactions: OneMoreDay
View attachment 3533373 Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what is the best product to use to expedite the rich, reddish brown, even patina on a barenia Kelly 40? It's about 5 years old, and the patina has begun (I guess), but it's still looking a little too gold/yellow for my taste. Apparently, the Hermes baume is not available it the US.

I use saddle baume for my Barenia B. It patines nicely.

Wonderful! Would you mind sharing the place where you ordered this? I can't seem to find it anywhere! Thank you!!

European Hermes.com, equestrian, products for the stable/leather care. Hope you find it!

I checked the US website and only found the glycerine soap. You should be able to order it from a store. Talk to your leather craftsman, he should know the product, many SAs don't know it [emoji3]

View attachment 3533373 Hi everyone,

Just look at the depth of patina already!
That is why Barenia has such a following.
You must have been doing the right thing for five years - keep it up.

European Hermes.com, equestrian, products for the stable/leather care. Hope you find it!

I checked the US website and only found the glycerine soap. You should be able to order it from a store. Talk to your leather craftsman, he should know the product, many SAs don't know it [emoji3]

do you ordered from europe H and they shipped directly to your country (I assume it is USA)? When I ordered mine, I had it sent to a freight forwarder which onward forwarded it to where I am.