Let's Talk About the Venezia

Thank you HBL.. i'm sorry, i don't mean to scare you or anything..

So here it is..
as you can see, the right side have that cracked look on it.. can it be fixed by conditioning the leather? :confused1: i need your advice ladies & gents..
CIMG1944.jpg

now on this one,
can you notice that the the right striping in the middle have a lil bit dirty look?? any idea how to clean it? or do you think it's natural oily/dirty look from the leather itself?
CIMG1919.jpg

ok last one,
notice the crack in the middle of the striping? :sad:
CIMG1936.jpg

i love the bag.. but after noticing these things, i'm afraid that i'm gonna ruin it even more.. i'm thinking to locate another one that close to SF so i could swap it to a better looking one.. so i don't have to worry about it too much.. any thoughts ladies? :shrugs:
or am i just exaggerating? :confused1::s

I see what you mean indi, and I am a total perfectionist so it would bug me, although I think that is just the texture of the leather and isn't necessarily an imperfection. If it bothers you to look at I would suggest trying to track down another, have it sent to you and then pick the better of the two.

^ I agree with kwitthyy. You spent a good chunk of $$ on it and you should not have any doubts.
I think it also can be the color since it's light maybe it will eventually get that way? Hmm...now I'm gonna have to rethink this b/c I don't want to pay that kind of $ and be afraid to take it out..
Ohhhh...where is Miss N. when we need her !

Ok -I just got mine and after some deep inspection on the bag, it has the very worn in look. It has those brownish spots all over the bag. I don't know what to think of that and certain areas do look a like it's dirty. I'm wondering if those brown spots are just part of the leather. I really, really LOVE this bag. It fits perfectly over my shoulder even tho I know it's a hand held bag but at least I have the option. It's the perfect size too. I'm torn..I don't know if I should just return it or keep it. Because I'm jsut not sure if the leather is suppose to be that way. The bottom of the bag looks a bit dirty but i know eventually it will turn that way anyways. And I'm thinking even if I were to track another one down, I don't think it would be in a 'perfect' condition given the color of the bag and the leather.
Ohhh...I'm SO TORN...I'm in Love with this bag right now and the color...Oh my,...it goes so nicely with my wardrobe esp. w/ browns. I can totally see myself carrying this bag year round. Dark winter clothes with some POP ..
What to do? What to do?.........
Well, I know for sure I will call the one and only Off Saks near me to see if they have it ..doing that now..

If it's going to bother you there's no sense in keeping it. I see women everyday who's bags are on their last last leg and they could care less. Loose stitching, stains,tears you name it. Then there's me who had a single pen mark on the inside of a bag about a half inch long and couldn't stand to carry it anymore. Just depends on you.

Some aging makes a bag look better IMO. For instance I love heavily patina'd speedies. Do you think the "flaws" will add to its character or just be eyesores every time you carry it? If it's the latter, better go ahead and return it.

i hear you HBL:hugs:
I'm in love with this bag as well but somehow these lil things just bug me.. :sad: It fits over my shoulder as well which i love about it and as you said, perfect size.. when i got my chartreuse capri awhile back, it does have that brown spots but it's so small so i barely notice it.. but this one, it really has that worn looked.. i'm gonna call my off saks too.. if they have em, i could probably stop by and take a look before i swap it..
ugh.. this is totally sucks..

Ok -I just got mine and after some deep inspection on the bag, it has the very worn in look. It has those brownish spots all over the bag. I don't know what to think of that and certain areas do look a like it's dirty. I'm wondering if those brown spots are just part of the leather. I really, really LOVE this bag. It fits perfectly over my shoulder even tho I know it's a hand held bag but at least I have the option. It's the perfect size too. I'm torn..I don't know if I should just return it or keep it. Because I'm jsut not sure if the leather is suppose to be that way. The bottom of the bag looks a bit dirty but i know eventually it will turn that way anyways. And I'm thinking even if I were to track another one down, I don't think it would be in a 'perfect' condition given the color of the bag and the leather.
Ohhh...I'm SO TORN...I'm in Love with this bag right now and the color...Oh my,...it goes so nicely with my wardrobe esp. w/ browns. I can totally see myself carrying this bag year round. Dark winter clothes with some POP ..
What to do? What to do?.........
Well, I know for sure I will call the one and only Off Saks near me to see if they have it ..doing that now..

Was your capri brand spanking new? Does it have those brown spots now? I'm wondering if the leather gets that way over time. Given that these bags were probably from the full line store and sent to Off saks, that means they have been out on shelves for a while?
What do you think?
My local off saks doesn't have it, so bummed..I don't know what to do

i bought it off ebay.. seller said it was new but didn't have the tag attached to it.. i was sooo happy that i didn't really notice the spots back then..

yeap.. i still have it and haven't got the chance to use it till now.. i'm in love with the color.. since the spot isn't too noticeable on that one, i'm keeping it..

i'm really loving this color too ! not too bright and not too dull just the perfect yellow shade.
soooo...are you keeping your venetia or tracking down another. I don't know what to do? I guess I'm not that anal and I never use my bags that much to the point where it will look gross, ya know what I mean?

i know what you mean.. :yes:

i don't think i'm gonna do another charge-send but i'll call some off 5th that i could probably make a trip to.. gotta see it IRL.. but if the ones near don't have any, i'll probably keep it anyway and try to clean it with some cleaner and put some conditioner on it.. what can i say? i'm in love with the bag.. i gotta have it.. lol..

that's exactly how i feel right now. i can't seem to part with it. wanna try to condition it and see how it comes out.

some parts of the bag, the leather looks almost scale -y....reminds me of the leather on the Fendi Spys..those are so yummy..

I've seen some bags from the love line on ebay with this distressing... and usually on one panel of the bag.. it swayed me away from seriously bidding on a black capri a month or so ago...

though my nude capri has none of this distressing or spotting... the spotting is due to the color?