Lets be honest now - Is/are there any H product that you don't really like?

I agree with the posters who said what one person dislikes is another person's favorite. There's a color I just don't understand at all which is loved by many, many people and for that reason I would never say anything against it - and the same with the bags, I guess. I was trying to think of answering this a different way: is there anything Hermes sells which you dislike because it

I have no idea how that got posted before I finished the sentance. Oh, well -

...because it seems to be inconsistant with the luxury and taste of the rest of the line? As long as each thing they make is the best of its specific type, it doesn't matter to me whether I personally want it or not.

do you mean is there something that doesn't seem to live up to the luxury of the brand? or is there something that we think is a bit frivolous?

i personally love the stuffed horses but i think 300-500 dollars is a bit much for them...

i'm probably straying off topic. :P

I'm not feeling the Lindy, kelly flat and the women's shoes. But as stated before, saw a kelly flat on a woman and she rocked it! so I guess it's the way you "work" it, I LIKE my evelyn and the frag's (especially the hermessence kits) so it's very personal I guess. As long as you love what you're wearing! You paid enough to love it I guess haha

do you mean is there something that doesn't seem to live up to the luxury of the brand? or is there something that we think is a bit frivolous?

I meant that Hermes stands for the best of everything it does. Best leather, best workmanship, best silk, best cashmere. So when it makes something I personally don't need or want, or even especially like, that's fine with me as long as it seems to me to be best in it's category. Like, I guess, the garden tote. I don't need one. But I think it's kind of cool that there is one made by Hermes for people who do need one.

so far, based on what I have seen for myself, I have liked it all, but if there's any one item I will not buy, it is probably the Himalaya... just cannot see myself buying that, or the dalmatian Kelly I think...

I have no idea how that got posted before I finished the sentance. Oh, well -

...because it seems to be inconsistant with the luxury and taste of the rest of the line? As long as each thing they make is the best of its specific type, it doesn't matter to me whether I personally want it or not.
That's the way I feel. I don't dislike anything H makes. There are some things that work better for me than others. I have an appreciation for the design, materials, and workmanship of everything H. It may not be something that I would own myself, for various reasons, but I can appreciate it for what it is.

I don't know if I can reply like this but the only thing I dislike is that I can't afford evrything I want from there :P

Oooh, I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing. If I could have everything I wanted, I can't honestly say that I would treasure them as much as I do now. But, who knows? I'm not against finding out!:P

I meant that Hermes stands for the best of everything it does. Best leather, best workmanship, best silk, best cashmere. So when it makes something I personally don't need or want, or even especially like, that's fine with me as long as it seems to me to be best in it's category. Like, I guess, the garden tote. I don't need one. But I think it's kind of cool that there is one made by Hermes for people who do need one.

:yes: i see what you mean now! Hermes doesn't seem to do things halfway :smile: my store just got a "hoof pick" for horses and it's in this lovely little leather pouch. i've no use for it, but for the horse owner, it's a little touch of lux!

i think that this is a very interesting thread and there is no reason why people cant say they dont like something. I belong to jewelry and gem forums and people are very blunt about various manufactureres etc. I find it very intriguing to learn what people don't like and even more so, why? If I was in product development for Hermes or even one of there competitors I would like to know these things as well.

I agree with you :yes: