Leopard print pumps..what do you wear them with?

Ok, I ordered them! You are all dolls for taking the time to help. I must say, my best shopping buddy, who loved shoes and had a fab collection was my mother. She passed away last year and it has been hard not having her because her taste were great and never that of a 71 year old. She bought some clothes from J.Crew! She was classic with an edge. very petitte, always stole the show. You are helping me by giving honest opinions and that is what I counted on with her. We had very simiar taste. This is a HUGE void, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Congrats on the purchase, CJY! You know how much I love my leopard print pigalles, other leopard pigalles (can't just have one, yah? ;)) and helmuts!

All the suggestions here are great. I love pairing dark denim pants with leopard, and a basic top in a solid color.

Also, this may be just my style and might not apply to you, but I tend to wear my leopards with more lady-like pieces. Because leopard print has a bit of "bad girl" feel to them, I want to contrast that with more feminine, very clean lines. I avoid chunks of red and pink with the leopard because it's just too hot-mama cliche, kwim (I hate being a cliche!)? Also, I avoid chocolate-colored pants with leopard -- too matchy-matchy and the leopard doesn't look as CRISP as it should. But a nice, chocolate button-down shirtdress is great with leopard-print shoes (black works wonderful too!).

Congrats on the purchase, CJY! You know how much I love my leopard print pigalles, other leopard pigalles (can't just have one, yah? ;)) and helmuts!

All the suggestions here are great. I love pairing dark denim pants with leopard, and a basic top in a solid color.

Also, this may be just my style and might not apply to you, but I tend to wear my leopards with more lady-like pieces. Because leopard print has a bit of "bad girl" feel to them, I want to contrast that with more feminine, very clean lines. I avoid chunks of red and pink with the leopard because it's just too hot-mama cliche, kwim (I hate being a cliche!)? Also, I avoid chocolate-colored pants with leopard -- too matchy-matchy and the leopard doesn't look as CRISP as it should. But a nice, chocolate button-down shirtdress is great with leopard-print shoes (black works wonderful too!).

Thanks! I think my black wrap dress will work well. Also have a great brown button up top with back pants, how does that sound? I love the brown shirt/ coat dress idea..I really do not want to look hot mama, I prefer chic, classy and smart. My mother use to say someone looked "smart" I t was a great compliment from her.:woohoo:

CJY, the shirtdress I wear occasionally with my leopard print CLs looks something like this, sans bubble sleeve:

_5496727.jpg

It's very feminine but clean to balance out the va-voom of the leopard pattern. I also wear it with something like this, in a crisp cotton, in black:

S206_A1523_F_12A.jpg

Sorry I haven't got pics, but you get the idea.

And I think a black, slim button-up shirt and black trousers with leopard shoes looks fab when done right: definitely very "smart". :tup:

CJY, the shirtdress I wear occasionally with my leopard print CLs looks something like this, sans bubble sleeve:

_5496727.jpg

It's very feminine but clean to balance out the va-voom of the leopard pattern. I also wear it with something like this, in a crisp cotton, in black:

S206_A1523_F_12A.jpg

Sorry I haven't got pics, but you get the idea.

And I think a black, slim button-up shirt and black trousers with leopard shoes looks fab when done right: definitely very "smart". :tup:

Barrie Pace always has such elegant clothes. You may want to check out a post in the shoe thread by a hubby asking for opinions on 2 CL shoes he got for his wife. Great man! The shoes are beautiful and he needs one for X-mas and one for her BD. He has a sizing question as well, you are the expert there, help this sweet man:idea:

I love the look of leopard shoes with black or red dresses. I agree that it should be worn with feminine pieces to add a little sexiness to them. The Christina Aguilera outfit with the red dress, camel trench and leopard shoes is my inspiration for the perfect outfit.

i recently wore a vivid blue dress with a pair of very sexy steve maden leopard print heels.
I also wore those same shoes with a hunter green top and dark wash tight jeans.
leopard print goes good with any solid color. (for the most part)
:heart:

Also, this may be just my style and might not apply to you, but I tend to wear my leopards with more lady-like pieces. Because leopard print has a bit of "bad girl" feel to them, I want to contrast that with more feminine, very clean lines. I avoid chunks of red and pink with the leopard because it's just too hot-mama cliche, kwim (I hate being a cliche!)?

I totally agree with you, fatefullotus. I am planning on a pair of leopard print high-heeled Mary Janes and I plan to let the shoe be the star.
Also, depending on the actual print, I think cream-colored clothes can look nice too.