LeBron James

That's EXACTLY why I don't like him, nothing to do with skill. Bron just hides it better! LOL

I don't want him to leave the east either, but I want him to get another ring... I want him to get 3 more so he can shut down these comparisons... More than anything, I want his team to trample over the former Laker fans team (ahem: golden state) LOL.
:lol:

I'm a Cleveland girl, so I'd love to see him stay there. Unless he were to go to LA to allow his family to establish roots there, it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to go to most other teams. I do think it would make sense for him to have a desire to go to a third team and pull them over the top to a championship because that would be a pretty special feather in his cap. However, given how uncompetitive the Cavs were in this last finals I'm not sure that he can really brag about pulling Cleveland over for one championship in 4 attempts.
What I'd really love to see is for LeBron to step back and recognize the difference that a really strong coach that will sometimes tell him what he doesn't want to hear would do for him and his team. Golden State proves that with Steve Kerr. He got there with the same talent that Mark Jackson had and delivered better results almost right away. I think that even with all the talent on that team, Steve Kerr proves his value in the dominance the Warriors have agaisnt most every team in the third quarter. That dominance proves that he sees things in the first half and goes into the locker room at the half to make adjustments - and they work. It's always been reported that LeBron wants a weak general manager and a weak head coach so that he can call the shots with the team. I'd like to see how much stronger the Cavs could get if he'd put aside that part of his ego and play for a coach who would truly be the one in charge.

Reactions: GTOFan
YES! I love baseball and football........and the world cup has me excited now
yes!!! I want to talk football all football season and stress about my fantasy teams with others. Lol.

I have often wondeeed why there isn't one. Is it because the powers that be don't realize that many of us love sports, or because they fear that we will argue too much - LOL!!
I think it's honestly probably just a matter of us asking collectively - I mean what can be better than talking about expensive bag one minute then sports the next :lol:

Hate to date myself... I've been going to Cavs games since MJ was great. Watching him blow us out of the eastern conference every year. That's why I have such good tickets. I was there during the thin times.
As far as school enrollment for Lebron's children in the fall. Don't believe what you read. We will all have to wait and find out. Remember the report during the season that Savannah was touring schools in Philly?
As you know where Lebron goes is very complex depending on a lot of moves with free agency and the draft. Should heat up next week or two.

As far as LBJ becoming a Laker...Can't see Lebron on a team with LaVar Ball hanging around. So in my mind Lonzo would have to be traded. But never know.

It's comments like this that give me pause that Lebron would join the Lakers.

When asked if he thinks James will sign in L.A., Ball said, "I don't feel like it, I know he is. I already told you to call him L.A. Bron."

LaVar then said that James wouldn't be able to teach Lonzo anything if he joins the Lakers because the Ball family patriarch has already taught his son "everything."

I forgot all about LaVar Bell - what a jerk!!

That's EXACTLY why I don't like him, nothing to do with skill. Bron just hides it better! LOL

I don't want him to leave the east either, but I want him to get another ring... I want him to get 3 more so he can shut down these comparisons... More than anything, I want his team to trample over the former Laker fans team (ahem: golden state) LOL.

Not sure where you get the idea that Dubs fans are former Lakers fans. I don't know of any. There is a huge rivalry between the two ends of the state and those loyalties and rivalries learned young tend to stay.

As for LeBron's team next year - it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Reactions: trigirl and GTOFan
This is why I don't think lebron is going to the Lakers unless some serious other talent goes with him.
The Lakers will never get out of the western conference finals. Now what a hoot if he went to OKC, they would trade Melo to get Lebron. Wouldn't Westbrook try so much harder to beat his nemesis Durant if he had Lebron with him?? They would both motivate each other so much. Westbrook needs Lebron's discipline to training and the game.

This is why I don't think lebron is going to the Lakers unless some serious other talent goes with him.
The Lakers will never get out of the western conference finals. Now what a hoot if he went to OKC, they would trade Melo to get Lebron. Wouldn't Westbrook try so much harder to beat his nemesis Durant if he had Lebron with him?? They would both motivate each other so much. Westbrook needs Lebron's discipline to training and the game.

That would be something - Russell going after Durant and LeBron going after Curry. I read a really interesting article recently that broke down each team in the NBA and talked about a possible LeBron trade factoring in salary cap, who the team could put up for LeBron, which teams were good enough to interest LeBron, etc. It was very interesting - too bad it was before this thread or I could have posted it here. Anyway, as you have pointed out, it is a complex situation with many moving parts. I am so interested to see how it all ends up, though it is pretty much academic for me as a loyal Dubs fan!