LeBron James

1. #1 Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    You heard it here first. Lebron has a year left on his contract. He can opt out this year. He's staying and will opt out next year.
    Listen to him carefully. paraphrasing the King -- My decision will be based on my family. My family will play a role in my decision this summer, as my kids are now a lot older than they were last time around.

Now I could be wrong, he didn't tell me everything when he called last night. :lol::lol:
    But that's what we are hearing from the tea leaves.

And Kyrie Irving is going to be a bust for the Celtics.

For us, the summer of Lebron is more interesting than the finals.
    We all cried when we read this 4 years ago.

https://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.

I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

2. I read his boys have been enrolled in school in LA for next year. I have no idea if it's true.. just what I read. I had no problem with him leaving the first time. I didn't care for the way he went about it, but *shrugs*. If he leaves again, it wouldn't surprise me.

3. I agree that his kids/family will be a top priority for him, which is as it should be. Reading this afternoon about his eldest son checking out two LA schools with amazing basketball programs and other NBA kids enrolled. There are stories that his son committed to one, but the school says he has not committed. Which, of course, means nothing! I could see him playing with the Lakers. That will certainly bust open the Northern v Southern Calif rivalry!

4. I like that there are so many people here who enjoy watching sports.....I really wish there was a sports subforum.

5. I was just thinking this the other day.

I'm a HUGE Lebron stan, much to my husband's Jordan-fanboy-behind dismay lol.. My interest in basketball started when we got Vince Carter in Toronto and ever since Lebron entered the league, he's been my fave.

6. I was a huge NBA fan.....but I haven't been watching much since Kobe retired.....it just seems like when Kobe retired it was just an end of an era......

all of these new guys just look like punks to me....lol
    and the whole one and done thing has just messed up college and NBA ball

I don't want LeBron to go to the Lakers.....it just wouldn't feel right for me AT ALL

carlpsmom likes this.
  7. YES! I love baseball and football........and the world cup has me excited now

8. I have often wondeeed why there isn't one. Is it because the powers that be don't realize that many of us love sports, or because they fear that we will argue too much - LOL!!

9. I find it fascinating that people who were Jordan and/or Bryant fans are not fond of Lebron. Hubby's the same way, he loves both MJ and Kobe but will never admit that Lebron is a beast. MJ era is before me, Kobe I was never a fan of. I will always admit he was a great player but I just didn't like HIM. Maybe I don't get why each of these guys can't be great in their own right without drawing comparisons.

10. I always watched basketball with my dad growing up and then I fell in love with the Bulls in the late 80's/90s... not just Jordan the whole roster. BJ Armstrong was one of my first crushes lol. It's never felt the same to me since then but I do still enjoy the game. All the excessive travelling and inconsistent foul calls do make it harder to watch.

I seem to be one of the few who's a fan of Jordan and Lebron, but not Kobe. Don't get me wrong... Kobe was a PHENOMENAL player. One of the best to ever play.. I'll never deny that. Just heard too much about him personally that rubbed me the wrong way. He's always given me creep vibes too lol. Bron.. I have a few pet peeves with him but no player is perfect. Honestly, if the internet/social media was around for Jordan's era I might feel differently about him too, who knows lol.

Nooooo.... the West is already stacked!!! We can't afford for Lebron to leave the east lol.

Longchamp likes this.
  11. I started watching the NBA in 96 when Kobe started playing......living in L.A. I naturally became a fan.......when LeBron first started it seemed like he was made out to be Kobe's rival even though they are different (Kobe is more comparable to Jordan).....I recognize that LeBron is great.......but I just can't root for him.....lol

Maybe it's a generational thing too.....I know a lot of people my age are not too fond of these new guys and the style of play........I went to a Laker game a few months ago and I was just turned off by the constant shooting (and missing).....similar to the way college guys play.......it looked sloppy.......I blame Steph Curry....lol

It seems nobody goes inside anymore......and I miss that

12. #13 Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Hate to date myself... I've been going to Cavs games since MJ was great. Watching him blow us out of the eastern conference every year. That's why I have such good tickets. I was there during the thin times.
    As far as school enrollment for Lebron's children in the fall. Don't believe what you read. We will all have to wait and find out. Remember the report during the season that Savannah was touring schools in Philly?
    As you know where Lebron goes is very complex depending on a lot of moves with free agency and the draft. Should heat up next week or two.

As far as LBJ becoming a Laker...Can't see Lebron on a team with LaVar Ball hanging around. So in my mind Lonzo would have to be traded. But never know.

It's comments like this that give me pause that Lebron would join the Lakers.

When asked if he thinks James will sign in L.A., Ball said, "I don't feel like it, I know he is. I already told you to call him L.A. Bron."

LaVar then said that James wouldn't be able to teach Lonzo anything if he joins the Lakers because the Ball family patriarch has already taught his son "everything."

carlpsmom likes this.
  13. AAU vs college ball has really changed the way the guys play. Very good observation.

14. That's EXACTLY why I don't like him, nothing to do with skill. Bron just hides it better! LOL

I don't want him to leave the east either, but I want him to get another ring... I want him to get 3 more so he can shut down these comparisons... More than anything, I want his team to trample over the former Laker fans team (ahem: golden state) LOL.