leagal rip-offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the google ads are only there to non-registered members to help pay for the costs of running the site, according to what megs and vlad have said. they don't pick what goes up there, google does, and they have no control over the content of the websites.

1) yes it is making a company make less than they would have, but they definitely are not losing money. and those companies are making far less than the individuals who sell the knock-offs...?

2) it isn't hurting the economy, simply doing some part in redistributing the wealth to those need it more (of course, on the other hand, there are people who make a LOT off selling knock-offs as well...once again both good and bad).

3) there is NO alternative for the people who do sell them. they go into selling knock-offs because they would rather choose to sell knock-offs than get a real job that would help them out more?

once again, i apologize if anyone finds this to be rude in any way (im actually very non-confrontational) and everyone is entitled to their own opinion so im not trying to argue with anyone. its just personally, i think the whole "knock-offs are bad in every way possible" is completely untrue. yes, there is a lot of bad, but there is good as well, as with everything else in the world. whether or not the good outweighs the bad is a completely different topic.

sexxiliciousgrl said:
1) yes it is making a company make less than they would have, but they definitely are not losing money. and those companies are making far less than the individuals who sell the knock-offs...?

2) it isn't hurting the economy, simply doing some part in redistributing the wealth to those need it more (of course, on the other hand, there are people who make a LOT off selling knock-offs as well...once again both good and bad).

3) there is NO alternative for the people who do sell them. they go into selling knock-offs because they would rather choose to sell knock-offs than get a real job that would help them out more?

once again, i apologize if anyone finds this to be rude in any way (im actually very non-confrontational) and everyone is entitled to their own opinion so im not trying to argue with anyone. its just personally, i think the whole "knock-offs are bad in every way possible" is completely untrue. yes, there is a lot of bad, but there is good as well, as with everything else in the world. whether or not the good outweighs the bad is a completely different topic.

I know it's not confrontal, but I still don't see you points...

1) They are loosing money and I'm not talking about people Marc Jacobs or people who you know of. I'm thinking of the people who work for LV, Gucc, Fendi, ect. Making the bags and such. Maybe they need a promotion, but the money is not there due to fakes. Also, for the people who make more from it, who says there should be a limit? How would you like it if someone went to your job and did a really crappy job but got paid some of your salary because you were paid too much? The person has less than you so it's ok?

2) It IS hurting the economy. Everyone needs to pay taxes. Taxes go to things like education, public safety, health programs, programs for young children/elder, street repair, social secruity, and ect. Do you think people selling knock offs pay taxes? No. So, it is NOT helping the economy.

3) Some people do sell bags instead of getting a real job. I can't tell you why, but some people are afraid to work. Have you never heard of people abusing unemployment and/or welfare?

hmm, this was a discussion about all the fakes I encountered here.
Not about poor people and crooks.
But since this subject has arisen, you are contributing, by patronizing google to defer your cost's.

people that live in glass houses...

purselova34 said:

1) They are loosing money and I'm not talking about people Marc Jacobs or people who you know of. I'm thinking of the people who work for LV, Gucc, Fendi, ect. Making the bags and such. Maybe they need a promotion, but the money is not there due to fakes. Also, for the people who make more from it, who says there should be a limit? How would you like it if someone went to your job and did a really crappy job but got paid some of your salary because you were paid too much? The person has less than you so it's ok?

2) It IS hurting the economy. Everyone needs to pay taxes. Taxes go to things like education, public safety, health programs, programs for young children/elder, street repair, social secruity, and ect. Do you think people selling knock offs pay taxes? No. So, it is NOT helping the economy.

3) Some people do sell bags instead of getting a real job. I can't tell you why, but some people are afraid to work. Have you never heard of people abusing unemployment and/or welfare?

*claps*. I couldn't have said it better myself!

purselova34 said:

1) The people who buy knock-offs wouldnt actually have purchased the authentic ones anyway (although they might purchase some). The reason the secondary market exists is because some people don't value the goods for the price that is charged. If there were no such thing as knockoffs, yes then some people might buy the authentics but most wouldn't.

If the money isn't there for the people making the handbags, it isn't because there isn't enough money to go around. It is because management wants to get the job done for the least amount of money possible. Take outsourcing to be a major example of this. Levi's closed a factory in SF some years ago that was still profitable (at least thats what I recall) because if they exported the labor to Mexico, they could deliver the same product for even less.

I'm not saying that because they have less than the big companies, it is okay, but if the economy is so important, then this gap between rich and poor is definitely not a good thing. And to me, it is more important to help those who need the help, not those who are already living comfortably.

2) The state of economy is not solely determined by taxes. And even if they were, I'm sure many people who do sell handbags have to pay taxes (whether or not they alter their numbers is a different story). Also, it isn't as if large corporations don't avoid paying taxes as well. They are always finding ways of reducing their taxable income, using accounting to change their figures as well, so aren't they hurting the economy far more than the small individual knockoff dealers? If taxes are what the economy is based on, then large companies who have the resources to find analysts and accounts to alter their numbers hurt the economy the most.

3) Yes, that is indeed true but you cannot associate all people who sell knock-offs with this stereotype. My point is not that all things associated with knock-offs are good, simply that there are two sides to every story. And working isn't only defined to be work at what you consider "real" jobs. Work is work, a way to help provide for your families. Some people are lucky to be able to do what they enjoy for a decent income, others aren't.

sexxiliciousgrl said:
1) The people who buy knock-offs wouldnt actually have purchased the authentic ones anyway (although they might purchase some). The reason the secondary market exists is because some people don't value the goods for the price that is charged. If there were no such thing as knockoffs, yes then some people might buy the authentics but most wouldn't.

If the money isn't there for the people making the handbags, it isn't because there isn't enough money to go around. It is because management wants to get the job done for the least amount of money possible. Take outsourcing to be a major example of this. Levi's closed a factory in SF some years ago that was still profitable (at least thats what I recall) because if they exported the labor to Mexico, they could deliver the same product for even less.

I'm not saying that because they have less than the big companies, it is okay, but if the economy is so important, then this gap between rich and poor is definitely not a good thing. And to me, it is more important to help those who need the help, not those who are already living comfortably.

2) The state of economy is not solely determined by taxes. And even if they were, I'm sure many people who do sell handbags have to pay taxes (whether or not they alter their numbers is a different story). Also, it isn't as if large corporations don't avoid paying taxes as well. They are always finding ways of reducing their taxable income, using accounting to change their figures as well, so aren't they hurting the economy far more than the small individual knockoff dealers? If taxes are what the economy is based on, then large companies who have the resources to find analysts and accounts to alter their numbers hurt the economy the most.

3) Yes, that is indeed true but you cannot associate all people who sell knock-offs with this stereotype. My point is not that all things associated with knock-offs are good, simply that there are two sides to every story. And working isn't only defined to be work at what you consider "real" jobs. Work is work, a way to help provide for your families. Some people are lucky to be able to do what they enjoy for a decent income, others aren't.

1) I think if there were no fake market, a lot more people would be buying the real deal. Some people who buy fakes really do believe they are real. Second, I don't see what's so wrong with living comfortablely? Someone worked hard and now owns a company or business they should have the same as someone who made bad choices? You never answered my question. Would you sure part of your check with someone needy if they did your job really bad? They would need the money...

2) No offense but what is wrong with you? Selling fake goods is illegal. Do you think they go around peddling their bags and filling out a tax return at the same time? LMAO! You even see how stupid that sounds and change it to appear like big business is wrong here. I'm sure they pay their part. The whole world is watching those companies. If LV, Gucci, Fendi, Prada, ect. did not pay their taxes, the whole world would find out. If Joe no name who sells fakes doesn't pay his taxes, no one cares, because he's probably on welfare, too. So, no one thinks he has a "job".

3)Yes, work is work. I consider a "real job" something not illegal. A person could get a "real" job as a hitman. Do you think that's ok? I'd really like to know. Jobs are out there. People could be jantiors or garabagemen. They're just too embarassed to show the world they were too stupid to get a decent job.

purselova34 said:
1) I think if there were no fake market, a lot more people would be buying the real deal. Some people who buy fakes really do believe they are real. Second, I don't see what's so wrong with living comfortablely? Someone worked hard and now owns a company or business they should have the same as someone who made bad choices? You never answered my question. Would you sure part of your check with someone needy if they did your job really bad? They would need the money...

2) No offense but what is wrong with you? Selling fake goods is illegal. Do you think they go around peddling their bags and filling out a tax return at the same time? LMAO! You even see how stupid that sounds and change it to appear like big business is wrong here. I'm sure they pay their part. The whole world is watching those companies. If LV, Gucci, Fendi, Prada, ect. did not pay their taxes, the whole world would find out. If Joe no name who sells fakes doesn't pay his taxes, no one cares, because he's probably on welfare, too. So, no one thinks he has a "job".

3)Yes, work is work. I consider a "real job" something not illegal. A person could get a "real" job as a hitman. Do you think that's ok? I'd really like to know. Jobs are out there. People could be jantiors or garabagemen. They're just too embarassed to show the world they were too stupid to get a decent job.

well said.

I just don't equate good with fake. It was never right and never will be.

purselova34 said:

1) People selling knock-offs aren't doing their job badly! So yes I would share my paycheck with someone if they needed it. I would (and have) donate my time and money to help people who need it simply for the fact that I was able to help someone. Once again, my point is not that ALL people who do certain things are good, but not all are bad! And there is nothing wrong with living comfortably, and as I've said before, what you choose to do with your money is your choice of course. Most people are aware there are fakes and most do not buy them unknowingly. I am a Management Science major and I assure you that the reason the secondary market exists IS because the people buying the fakes are purchasing them because they don't feel the benefit of having a designer handbag is worth the cost.

2) Have you never heard of any corporate scandals? The whole world was watching, supposedly, while CEOs were walking away with millions of dollars. And these are not isolated cases either, because accounting is not foul proof; there are millions of ways to manipulate your numbers because it is left open to intepretation. The amount of taxes that these knock-off sellers cheat the government out of is zero compared to the billions that are lost due to large companies.

Once again, I am NOT stating selling knock-offs is right, as I've said before. I'm simply saying that there is good and bad to everything. I also previously said I don't support the sale of knock-offs, however you cannot simply state that everything associated with knock-offs is bad because nothing in this world is purely black and white.

3) Again, I am NOT saying the sale of knockoffs is right. I'm just asking people to see both sides of everything. Everything in the world has its good and bad consequences. I'm also saying that many people do not have a choice when they choose to do something illegal (and yes many people do choose to use illegal activities as their main source of income as well).

If you truly believe everything in this world is so black and white according to how YOU want to view it, then so be it. I'm simply trying to point out that there are always two sides to everything.

3) Also, I'm not saying they were right in their choice because I don't believe so. And I am sure if a mother or father were not able to put provide food for their children, in most cases, would take a job as a janitor or any other job you see as degrading. And no, not all people have bad jobs because they are stupid. Instead of ridiculing these people, you should be more grateful for what opportunities you were given in life, while they weren't. ANd yeah i know a lot of people abuse welfare/unemployment and it angers me too, but sometimes you have to give people the benefit of the doubt and see that there COULD be the possibility that they are really desperate with no other choice.

sexxiliciousgrl said:
1) If you truly believe everything in this world is so black and white according to how YOU want to view it, then so be it. I'm simply trying to point out that there are always two sides to everything.

I really don't have anything more to say. I think if you're so supportive of fakes, you need to do research. Fakes are made badly. You hear of people having LVs for yesrs and years. I knew a women who's fake only lasted her a month. Do you know who makes these bags? Usually, young children. :cry: They are a threat to the economy and one to big business. They people peddling fakes could find alterative jobs as jantiors, garabagemen, taxi dirvers, and other minium wage job. Yet, I find it funny, you have ntohing to say to that. I'm not saying anything is black or white. The world is not fair. I just think the fakes only have to outcomes bad and worse. No good. That's really all I have to say because I think you're closed minded. There will never be a solution to child labor, poor people, straving families, ect. if people still keep the tude that there's a "good" side to fakes. It will only keep those people from building s better life with a REAL job.

sexxiliciousgrl said:
And no, not all people have bad jobs because they are stupid. Instead of ridiculing these people, you should be more grateful for what opportunities you were given in life, while they weren't. Sometimes, you have to give people the benefit of the doubt.

You really need to stop pitting these people. People can do anything they want if they try hard enough. People peddling fakes are not even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.