Le Pliage, gift with purchase??

Cest Si Bon

Jan 15, 2010
My boyfriend HATES my Le Pliage! He says that it looks like a cheap gift-with-purchase bag. I see where he's coming from but have tried to explain to him that his problem is probably just a general "I hate nylon bags" dilemma, but he's not buying it. I have the large, black, long handle tote. He's even remarked that the leather looks cheap, and complains every time I wear it. Have any of you had this problem? Do your Le Pliage totes ever get hated on? :shocked:

I have been considering getting the black one for a while, I've been hesitating due to the 'black hole' issue. My DH doesn't care about my bags LOL. But really, I live in a rainy place, nylon is good here. I don't think it looks cheap at all, I love the shape of it, I think it's elegant. Gift w/purchase to me is a simple pvc tote or something...

I could see how an SO can ruin love for a bag though... it's happened to me with other things, I ended up passing on things that got such a reaction. But if I truly love something, I don't care then :smile:

i have the black with short handles (it fits on my shoulder) i dont think it looks like a GWP its just a nylon tote and does the job well. I dont use it as an everyday handbag just when i need to carry a ton of stuff KWIM??? they are great quality and last for ages. I have seen $1000 + bags that look cheap to me.

i have the black with short handles (it fits on my shoulder) i dont think it looks like a GWP its just a nylon tote and does the job well. I dont use it as an everyday handbag just when i need to carry a ton of stuff KWIM??? they are great quality and last for ages. I have seen $1000 + bags that look cheap to me.

Yeah, same here.. I explained that it's just a tote and I need a strong, durable, indestructible tote. But yes, I totally know what you mean and agree fully.

my SO thinks the same way, but he can't stop me from buying what I wanna buy and to me they don't look cheap and they are holding up pretty well, especially with the amount of stuff i put in there.

i recently got a le pliage and my coworker told me it's an old lady's purse. and i was a little bit shocked and defended my bag right away. i said that it's not and it's a classic.

i still use mine and will continue to use it to my heart's content :smile:

i recently got a le pliage and my coworker told me it's an old lady's purse. and i was a little bit shocked and defended my bag right away. i said that it's not and it's a classic.

i still use mine and will continue to use it to my heart's content :smile:

Of all things, I would never think of it as an "old lady's purse"! People really have some weird ideas! Wonder how long it will be before she comes in with one? :graucho:

actually...my le pliages get compliments! i had to hold his stuff at a ball game in a storm...everything stayed nice and dry! its the lv that he hates. he says "i could make one for .50 cents"