Le Pliage, gift with purchase??

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My boyfriend HATES my Le Pliage! He says that it looks like a cheap gift-with-purchase bag. I see where he's coming from but have tried to explain to him that his problem is probably just a general "I hate nylon bags" dilemma, but he's not buying it. I have the large, black, long handle tote. He's even remarked that the leather looks cheap, and complains every time I wear it. Have any of you had this problem? Do your Le Pliage totes ever get hated on? :shocked:

2. I have been considering getting the black one for a while, I've been hesitating due to the 'black hole' issue. My DH doesn't care about my bags LOL. But really, I live in a rainy place, nylon is good here. I don't think it looks cheap at all, I love the shape of it, I think it's elegant. Gift w/purchase to me is a simple pvc tote or something...

I could see how an SO can ruin love for a bag though... it's happened to me with other things, I ended up passing on things that got such a reaction. But if I truly love something, I don't care then :smile:

3. Pickle (cute name btw!!), I wear it anyway to his great dismay :P lol. You're lucky, I wish my SO didn't care.. :rolleyes:

4. i have the black with short handles (it fits on my shoulder) i dont think it looks like a GWP its just a nylon tote and does the job well. I dont use it as an everyday handbag just when i need to carry a ton of stuff KWIM??? they are great quality and last for ages. I have seen $1000 + bags that look cheap to me.

5. Yeah, same here.. I explained that it's just a tote and I need a strong, durable, indestructible tote. But yes, I totally know what you mean and agree fully.

6. my SO thinks the same way, but he can't stop me from buying what I wanna buy and to me they don't look cheap and they are holding up pretty well, especially with the amount of stuff i put in there.

7. i recently got a le pliage and my coworker told me it's an old lady's purse. and i was a little bit shocked and defended my bag right away. i said that it's not and it's a classic.

i still use mine and will continue to use it to my heart's content :smile:

8. Of all things, I would never think of it as an "old lady's purse"! People really have some weird ideas! Wonder how long it will be before she comes in with one? :graucho:

9. LOL, totally...

10. Mine rarely get hated on, but that would be so annoying to hear everytime you wear it. Men! Sheesh.

11. Whenever my boyfriend insults my bags or whatever, I insult his fairly expensive Wolverine statue collection and comic books. To each his/her own. :P

12. Tell me about it.. hah

13. lol, oh yes.. the wolverine collection...

14. actually...my le pliages get compliments! i had to hold his stuff at a ball game in a storm...everything stayed nice and dry! its the lv that he hates. he says "i could make one for .50 cents"

15. hehe, thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice