last-minute splurge: clutch v. first?

for clubbing, i definitely vote for a black first. the black makes it less casual and it's nice that you can wear it on the shoulder. it can hold a lot and is hands-free. :smile: you can also use it during the day! i feel like i get the most use out of my firsts at night and for quick errands! :smile:

I love a clutch with GH. Just makes it a bit more dressy than a first....I would initally go for an envelope. Like you, I like the way the envelope looks-BUT if you are going to be dancing, go for the flat clutch with wristlet. I own an envelope and it is a bit difficult to hold while dancing. Let us know what you pick and post some pics!!!

I vote for the envelope clutch. It's pretty AND you have all those compartments. I suppose it would be a pain to hold on to while dancing, but how does one dance with any kind of bag on anyway? I have the clutch in ivory and I think it adds just the right amount of bling:smile:

yup. i agree.. i like the envelope and will be investing in one very soon as well.. and i agree

you cant really dance with any bag without looking sort of stiff..

a clutch is much more chic..

just be careful if you do put your bag down to dance.. make sure you have a responsible bag watcher! and have fun!!!

ps.. my DH just told me the other night of an experience he had in a famous fancy club, back in the day... in NY, he checked a beautiful worn in brown leather messenger bag that he got in Germany.. so he could dance.

and they "lost" it.

i guess someone liked it that much.

because I'm practical and wnat to get the most bang for my buck, I have to vote for the FIRST. Also, the first is my absolute favorite style. I adore the look. Like you said, the First will be most functional because you can use it on a regular day as well, if you're not carrying much. I think the black will work fine for clubbing- certainly not as flashy, but it's small and black and should work beautifully. I also agree that the shoulder would be a great option, but it doesn't come in GH. But it'd be very easy to dance with!

Between the clutches, I'd vote for the envelope. I really don't like the flat clutch- it's so large and looks strange hanging on that one strap. I dunno what it is, it just doesn't appeal to me. It's too flat and square.

for clubbing, i definitely vote for a black first. the black makes it less casual and it's nice that you can wear it on the shoulder. it can hold a lot and is hands-free. :smile: you can also use it during the day! i feel like i get the most use out of my firsts at night and for quick errands! :smile:

^^^ ITA :yes:... while I love the look of the envelope, its just not for moi, I hate not having my hands free, the fact that I cant "carry" it, it'll bug me all night and i wont enjoy my night out as I'm too fussy and clean freak to leave it lying around... and who'd want to anyway? as for the flat clutch, it sure is dressier i supose than the first, but you cant wear it on your shoulder, can you stand it worn on your wrist all the time while you dance and mingle with others? I vote for the first coz you'll get much more use out of it as well since you can use it for day.

because I'm practical and wnat to get the most bang for my buck, I have to vote for the FIRST. Also, the first is my absolute favorite style. I adore the look. Like you said, the First will be most functional because you can use it on a regular day as well, if you're not carrying much. I think the black will work fine for clubbing- certainly not as flashy, but it's small and black and should work beautifully. I also agree that the shoulder would be a great option, but it doesn't come in GH. But it'd be very easy to dance with!

Between the clutches, I'd vote for the envelope. I really don't like the flat clutch- it's so large and looks strange hanging on that one strap. I dunno what it is, it just doesn't appeal to me. It's too flat and square.
Ditto!

i think a bag for a club is tricky haha you dont want to be holding one while dancing thats why i usually find other places to put my stuff (nothing dirty) haha but um i personally have a first but that is more of a day bag but the clutch would be kind of annoying to hold so just get a bag that you would use the most out of the club i LOVE the first

you know, i have been debating this for a while. i too love look of an envelope but it isn't practical for clubbing. i am debating between the flat clutch with i love the gh or the convenience of the strap of a first. let me know what you decide.

I would pick the clutch with the handle. I personally don't like carrying a bag like the first at a club and wear it on my shoulder while dancing. The handles tend to fall down the arm if you're moving your arms around a lot.

I would def. pick the clutch with a handle! Even though the first has a shoulder strap, I just think girls dancing while their bag hangs off their shoulder looks silly. I myself have a red first rh that was supposed to be my going out bag and I never use it. I have a black travellers clutch with ggh, and that one gets soo much use, I use it every time I go clubbing. I think the point you made about the first with rh would be too casual is a good point, I enjoy the look of my black clutch with ggh SO much, it's perfect for going out. I would never wear a bag with ggh on a daily basis because I prefer the look of rh, but for night a ggh clutch looks so chic, especially with black.