Last Chance ~ Phoenix

I know-it is so frustrating. I have seen them limit items that can be purchased, which totally ruin it for us legit buyers. The last time I was there-it was a limit of 1 designer bag and 3 pair of shoes or something like that. I think the handbag selection has been really bad and every designer bag I saw had major damage. LC prices are getting ridiculous too-I feel I have better luck at the Rack stores, where at least you can return. It's gotten so crowded that there is no place to sit and try on shoes.

Yes, the handbag selection I saw was terrible both days I was there. It was so bad I didn't even want to put my hand into the bins to dig for fear of what might be lurking in there!

I just check out one of the seller account.. Amazing a beat up dirty Chole it's asking for $1200?!?!? I can wait for clearance from BG. I can get it cheaper!

Yes, I looked too, and their prices are pretty high for most items. These sellers have alot of money invested in inventory and most of it is pretty boring.

Well I guess what I learned from my experience is that there is some hope for us, but its purely based on luck. I was ready to leave on day 1 after wandering around and seeing nothing, but then I stumbled upon 7-8 pairs of designer shoes in great condition and in my size!!! I was sooooooo excited. I ended up getting 4 pairs (didn't know there was a limit, and if there is they either didn't enforce it or I was under the maximum). On day 2 my luck had ran out, the overflowing shopping cart ladies (and men) were there, and all that was left were things that were in terrible condition and looked like they had been returned after years of wear. I've attached pics of my day 1 haul below. I am very picky; the shoes I got are in great condition and don't look worn, with the exception of the jimmy choos, although I feel like those might have been a pair to try on in store because one foot has a lot of wear while the other is fine. I just wish that everyone got a fair chance at finding bargains like this, without having to worry about people swooping it up for reselling purposes. I've also attached a couple pics of the few designer items I found on my not so great day 2 shopping adventure. These two pics basically sum up what the merchandise was like on this second day (Lanvin & Burberry)View attachment 3032104View attachment 3032106.
View attachment 3032100View attachment 3032101

Ooo, the ones you got are gorgeous and in great shape - congrats!

I finally got to Last Chance while in Phoenix for a business trip. I scored brand new Aquatalia boots for $71 (love!), two pairs of the comfiest Cole Haan flats for $25 each and two pairs of jeans for $8.50 each (women's pants were half off today). I so wish I lived close by!

Also, I saw tons of fantastic shoes - YSL Tributes in size 6 black for $99 (alas, not my size), tons of Pradas and ALGs, which were $49. (But the Cole Haans are more comfortable to me!) Some in better condition than others.

The purse bin was a bit of a hot mess - just a huge pile of bags in various condition. Didn't see anything interesting there - some Kate Spade, Rebecca Minkoff, Marc Jacobs. One Lanvin bag in really bad shape.

Oh! I was so surprised to see that they had a small wedding gown section! Does Nordstrom even carry wedding gowns??

It was crowded but not too bad and only a small line to the dressing rooms. I'm going to try to go again before I leave. Im curious to see what tomorrow's deal is. Hmmm, maybe it's a good thing I don't live close by...
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1444284937.539116.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1444285081.852705.jpg

I finally got to Last Chance while in Phoenix for a business trip. I scored brand new Aquatalia boots for $71 (love!), two pairs of the comfiest Cole Haan flats for $25 each and two pairs of jeans for $8.50 each (women's pants were half off today). I so wish I lived close by!

Also, I saw tons of fantastic shoes - YSL Tributes in size 6 black for $99 (alas, not my size), tons of Pradas and ALGs, which were $49. (But the Cole Haans are more comfortable to me!) Some in better condition than others.

The purse bin was a bit of a hot mess - just a huge pile of bags in various condition. Didn't see anything interesting there - some Kate Spade, Rebecca Minkoff, Marc Jacobs. One Lanvin bag in really bad shape.

Oh! I was so surprised to see that they had a small wedding gown section! Does Nordstrom even carry wedding gowns??

It was crowded but not too bad and only a small line to the dressing rooms. I'm going to try to go again before I leave. Im curious to see what tomorrow's deal is. Hmmm, maybe it's a good thing I don't live close by...
View attachment 3151193
View attachment 3151200

Love those Aquatalia's! Great deals all around. :smile:

^ Some Nordstroms have a bridal boutique. I think Seattle has one.

Yes, Seattle has a bridal salon; 2nd floor I think.

Thought I'd update with my last visit to LC this last weekend:

Prices are getting higher each time I go and this was no exception. I saw Vince tops for $79, a Gucci dress for over $200 and it had a broken zipper, a few size 14 Jason Wu for $200 something and they had ripped lace pieces.....everything I pulled out in the clothing section had something wrong with it-a rip, broken something etc. There was literally nothing I could even consider purchasing-it was that bad.

The handbag bin was really low and upon looking at it, nothing remotely interesting was in there. I didn't see any designer bags at all, and it was a very small amount-maybe 50 bags dumped in there.

The only saving grace appeared to be the shoe section. I was able to find 4 pairs of unworn shoes for a great deal-$100 with the 30% off. Lots of Paul Green, Monroe, Aquatalia, and then lots of high- high heels. There were almost no premier designer shoes-I saw one pair of Dior Fusions.

Last Chance is pricing themselves out of the market. The backroom appears full and I think there are too many other people getting into that coveted area ( I know someone who barters for frequent visits), before customers get the merchandise. An employee told me all the new stuff is put out first thing in the morning and it goes quickly. I was there mid morning, so perhaps I missed all the goodies. I'll still pop in when I'm in town to check it out, but I no longer feel Last Chance is a must see. The poor quality and no return policy makes it a questionable value for me.

I agree, it's gotten horrible. The prices have gone crazy, but they seem to be inconsistent - like if someone doing the pricing isn't the most knowledgable about brands, you can get a higher end item slip through the cracks and get marked low. I noticed they started writing the price on the label in black sharpie marker, not just the line they used to put. That might put a crimp in eBay sales!

The Phoenix Last Chance is hit or miss. Plus about 50% of the staff, especially the security guards are rude and actually harassed me, and made my kids cry, from the way they were talking to me. I sent two letters to Nordstrom and dos not hear back from them. Sad. But I heard that another Last Chance is being planned and built in Chicago. They plan to open in three months :smile:

I agree, it's gotten horrible. The prices have gone crazy, but they seem to be inconsistent - like if someone doing the pricing isn't the most knowledgable about brands, you can get a higher end item slip through the cracks and get marked low. I noticed they started writing the price on the label in black sharpie marker, not just the line they used to put. That might put a crimp in eBay sales!

Apparently not putting a crimp in the realreal sales tho.....:biggrin: