Last Chance ~ Phoenix

I know people have been talking about a new Last Chance in Chicago and the rumors have been flying for years, but it's happening for sure. It has now been added to new store openings on the Nordstrom site and I talked to a salesperson at Last Chance who also confirmed it (before I saw it on the website). It will be at Yorktown Center with an opening date of October 20, 2016.

It will be interesting to see if each store is comparable to each other. I am also wondering how they will divide up inventory? East coast stuff goes to Chicago, while Phoenix getting west coast? Some people are already saying that they think Phoenix is getting less inventory, but I don't know if they would be holding inventory for a store opening that's months away.

I think they are planning on doing more weather related items for Chicago since its always cold here.

Racks transfer out Rack stuff to other states all the time, for example Chicago doesnt do well with bathing suits, and warm weather stuff so it gets shipped to warmer climate Racks all the time and vice versa.

I heard thats why they wanted a Last Chance here in ILL due to the cold and not another one in a warmer area. Plus the Oakbrook /Lombard area is just so busy every single day. I used to go there a lot but I really got sick of the people, the trashy people and so crowded.

The good thing is I save money lol

I am sure I will venture out to check out Last Chance on a week day to see whats up but I don't see myself going there a lot. Its far, traffic is a nightmare in that area, too many shoppers, and chances of finding anything good after the managers of the Chicagoland area divvy up the good finds of shoes and bags are slim.

I'm heading to Phoenix this week for work and was considering stopping by Last Chance on Friday before I leave mostly because I'm on a hunt for white jeans. My old trusty pair of Joes have a stain that won't bleach out, booo....

Anyway figured this could be a spot to score a find! But I read back a few pages, going with a specific item in mind is a poor idea? Is it just a mad house if you're looking for something relatively normal (but already "out of season" & hard to find elsewhere in the country) or are all the resell crazies dumpster diving in purse bins so I should be good on my personal mission?

:confused1:

I was there on Sunday and they were having a sale on all white jeans/pants, I think they we're 50% off. They had a ton of them. Plus all women's shoes were 30% off. Didn't see anything great in the purse bins.

I'm curious too, how they compare. Read so many horror stories about Phoenix. I was lucky enough to visit the Chicago location and it was good, organized and orderly. So I would love some comparison too!

I usually go to the Phoenix store about once a year with my sister and I recently went to the Chicago location.
Phoenix has way more inventory.
Purses:
Phoenix purses are basically thrown into bins and you have to literally dig to find a gem. (I never find anything). There's usually name brands but always torn or ripped up.
Chicago purses are hung up and there's nothing you can't find at say, Ross. There is Kate Spade, Steve Madden, and the likes.

Shoes:
Phoenix shoes are a mess! So many shoes packed into shelves, some look so old its been broken, worn and there since 2000. But I always always find good brands, Jimmy Choo, Prada, Chloe... the aisles are small and people are pushy but you'll find something. (There are limits to how many designers you can purchase per day due to the high amounts of re-sellers).
Chicago rows are bigger, less selection. We couldn't find any good designer. The prices are a lot higher. There are no limits to designer shoes, so the re-sellers who come early probably grabbed them all (prob why I didn't find anything great). I have seen people post they've found CL but the three days I went my best find was Rag and Bone booties for $99.

Clothes:
Honestly, about the same at both location. Jam packed, most with holes, some still over priced..

Overall, I prefer PHX due to more selection. I overheard the mgr at CHI saying that, they're allowed to be more picky and can price whatever they want. Their items are priced a little higher than PHX.

HTH!

Reactions: elisainthecity