Home & Garden Lady Sarah's interior portfolio

:lolots:...otherwise... This is what the original loo facilities would have looked like in our house as it is a regency townhouse from 1821! So yes we also modernised the kitchen & bathroom. Very modern actually no hint of nostalgia. Will post some photos soon. I love original features and I think it's crucial to keep the original proportions, but it also needs to feel really comfortable....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 555
Last edited:
Dear Lady Sarah, Please excuse my ignorant American question, but looking over your beautiful pics for remodel, would you consider you style as something like English Country Manor? I only ask because looking at them make me want to be on an English estate having tea with Elinor Dashwood or Emma Woodhouse! By the way, I love your posts. Merlin's mom

...and some more contemporary bathroom facilities. This looks like good storage space, to store loo rolls, towels and the zillions of grooming potions we all seem to have. I hate clutter so this may be the solution...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 465
Dear Lady Sarah, Please excuse my ignorant American question, but looking over your beautiful pics for remodel, would you consider you style as something like English Country Manor? I only ask because looking at them make me want to be on an English estate having tea with Elinor Dashwood or Emma Woodhouse! By the way, I love your posts. Merlin's mom

I'll have tea with you, Dahhhling.

Ladysarah, how old is the building your flat is in? I love the architectural details I see in your photos--the coffering in the windows, the wide plank floors, the lovely fireplace in the bedroom--and that you have stayed with an old-fashioned/timeless theme in your decor.IMO.

Dear lady Sarah -looking over your beautiful pics for remodel, would you consider you style as something like English Country Manor? Ilooking at them make me want to be on an English estate having tea ... By the way, I love your posts.

I'll have tea with you, Dahhhling.

Thank you ladies! Would love to have you round for tea!;) I don't have an interior style as such- I like things to be comfortable and I try to buy the best looking designs I can afford. I find things last longer that way in any case... Apologies for not getting back to you earlier, I haven't progressed much with the interiors and not been posting as much as I like - busy at the cat rescue, started a blog (do join me there for updates) and decluttering...cleaning, yoga-ing...:cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 382
Thank you ladies! Would love to have you round for tea!;) I don't have an interior style as such- I like things to be comfortable and I try to buy the best looking designs I can afford. I find things last longer that way in any case... Apologies for not getting back to you earlier, I haven't progressed much with the interiors and not been posting as much as I like - busy at the cat rescue, started a blog (do join me there for updates) and decluttering...cleaning, yoga-ing...:cool:
Love, love, love this picture of Lady B. and your tea accoutrements. My mother was born and raised in Canada, and I learned to prefer real loose tea, and bone china. I have a very difficult time convincing my gal pals of the pleasure of a somewhat (for Americans) proper tea. I can think of nothing better than to get to enjoy tea time with English Ladies.

I also love loose tea and bone china... Is there any other kind? I ve got an exhaustive post coming about English tea - and cake! -on my blog. Link is in my signature (as not allowed to post it. )Check it out and would love to know what you lovely ladies here think...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 312
Fabulous pics my dear - and I can't wait to read about the tea and cake :biggrin:

I'm obsessed with teapots and tea trays - I need to do a browse at an antique fair, I think...:thinking:

I also love loose tea and bone china... Is there any other kind? I ve got an exhaustive post coming about English tea - and cake! -on my blog. Link is in my signature (as not allowed to post it. )Check it out and would love to know what you lovely ladies here think...

I'll join you for a pot of tea and cake. I look forward to your next blog post.

Do you have any collected? I am thinking of starting a china thread, would love pics.

I don't have any great collection sadly - I have two Hermes tea cups and a couple of Jasper Conran for Wedgewood but they're all modern and I'd love something a little antique-ish looking :biggrin:

I think at least part of the appeal is the idea that if you have a tea tray and a proper tea pot, somehow magically your life will turn into the sort of life where you have time for cups of tea served off tea trays... ;) :roflmfao: