Ladies, should we make sure its brand new?

i always want a brand new bag and my SA understand me :yes:. she always take a new bag from the back of the store, not the drawer :P. if you request, i think the SA would give you the new one from the back :yes:

When I got my large bucket about 6 weeks ago, my SA brought me one from the back that still had the plastic on the handles. I was thrilled, thinking this one hadn't seen the light of day. However, after I had it home, I noticed the vachetta on one side of the bag looked slightly darker than the other. Almost like it had been on display. But she brought it from the back with the plastic on it :shrugs: It bothered me for a while, but I had it for about 3 weeks before I noticed it. I had kept it in the dustbag and not carried it because I was on vacation. So I know it came like that. Now I'm carrying it as much as I can to even out the difference. So, even if you have plastic on the handles, it still might not be perfect. :s

If it looks brans new to me and it has no flaws, I wouldn't mind that it was a return. Of course I'd hope that it wasn't but I don't mind it that much.

dazlinpearl said:
The SA I had was going to give me the MC Rift that she was showing me. And it obviously was shown a lot. And I asked for a brand new one. And she said the one she was showing me was brand new, then I said, I would love to buy one that isn't a display. And then the SA only opened the brand new MC RIft which was in the dust bag, with tissue paper in the bag - and all the blue seals were never removed. And we checked the bag to make sure it said 'made in France'. And then she wrapped up the new one that I wanted. I insisted, and the SA was great to know that this was important to me to have a brand new purse. :angel:

Is made in france better somehow?:confused1:

MissL said:
Okay, the one in Pacific Place is much quieter and will probably be more willing to look for a *new* bag at the back if you request one.
The address is:

Shop 351A, L3
The Mall Level 3 Pacific Place
88 Queensway Hong Kong

If you take the MTR (the subway), just get off at Admiralty and it'll lead you there directly :yes:

If you like really busy stores, then there is the one on Canton Road in Tsim Sha Tsui but they would probably just give you display models, but it could just be my run of bad luck :lol:

Thanks for the info.! I'll make sure I keep an eye out on what the SA is wrapping up for me!! :smile:

I found both of the HK stores very busy and BTW the prices are higher than the US, so make sure you know your prices.

As far as 'new' I really don't care, but I am pretty rough on my bags, so I always figure I am going to do worse to it in even 1 day!

msbroberts said:
I found both of the HK stores very busy and BTW the prices are higher than the US, so make sure you know your prices.

As far as 'new' I really don't care, but I am pretty rough on my bags, so I always figure I am going to do worse to it in even 1 day!

Would you know how much higher?? I had called the 866-Vuitton # to inquire about that, because someone had to me about a price difference, but the phone rep. said that the price should be the same, the only difference being the currency conversion. :confused1:

Would you say that it's a high amount? The only reason why I'm so interested in purchasing in HK is to save on tax. I'm in NY, so an 8.375% tax is pretty steep on a $1,000 item! I'm looking to get the Epi Jasmin and the Malibu Street, so the both combined if purchased here in the NY would be over $150 in taxes!