ladies, I need help.....i gave my beloved b-bag to a fraud

Oh Im so sorry to hear this, I agree with emald, it sounds like it may be the same person or group of people!! I am sure that these people are reselling the bags, so if we can find ebay sellers of auth bags or even the same bag that you sold on ebay (keep an eye on ebay) it might be the same seller with a fake name... also check out sellers in the Philippines...

In the mean time, call paypal and nag them till the cows come home and you will get your money back!

I am so sorry to hear this, while there have been numerous scammers outside USA, Canada and UK, it doesn't mean that once you decide not to ship worldwide, you won't run into scammers, there are also tons of scammers within USA, Canada and UK too. It's just not fair to us honest buyers outside your contries, but I guess it just really luck, wether you come across honest people or not.

That is absolutely true that there are dishonest buyers/sellers in every country. It's just that it's much harder to fight a scammer from outside your own country. Look at the whole Romie-Omie situation (http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/my-violet-sgh-came-but-she-turned-out-233465.html) - those buyers are fighting to get their money back and it's not easy, but it's looking like legal action will be taken against the dishonest seller. If R-O were in another country, it would be much harder.

Oh, I'm so sorry this happened! My heart goes out to you !!! I only sell to confirmed addresses in the US. I've never been in/apart of a scam, but I do care for those who have been victims. : [

I did some research on google
and found this person who was scammed in the way and the shipping address is exactly the same!!!

http://www.paypalwarning.com/contact/?topic=2893&msgbrd=3

looks like this is NOT the first time and there are others suffering from this scam too

i cannot believe the story of this other victim happened in August 2007 and here again stealing my bag from me

what can we do about this person
we have the telephone number and address

bagcraze, this exact same person just scammed me (same phone number) but using a different address. One of our members b3stbuy helped me and figured out that it is really a real address...maybe we can call together and see if the FBI is willing to go investigate these people?

not to sound like a party pooper...but in this country....you can get lost...new identity...new life...and no one would be any wiser...

if there are other tpfr's out there who are sending stuff here in the philippines...id offer my address as a first place to drop off then i can ship it to the buyer here...at least if they do a chargeback...the bag would reach me first and not to scum bags....

bagcraze, this exact same person just scammed me (same phone number) but using a different address. One of our members b3stbuy helped me and figured out that it is really a real address...maybe we can call together and see if the FBI is willing to go investigate these people?

Hey Carmen, im sorry to hear this scammer has got to you too.
i filed a claim on FBI website but so far i heard nothing

i tried calling that number a couple of times. yeah there are people living there. when all this happened, i didn't even realize i was scammed. i thought there was a cc issue. how dumb of me! what was i thinking 'paypal is the safest way to make your transaction online' !!:cursing:
while the given address may not exist, i think there should be a way to get the address of the telephone number.:police::police::police: but again, i am in thailand not in manila.

i just want a good punch in his face:boxing:

THANK YOU FOR LADIES FOR HEARING US OUT

lesson learned: always ship to confirmed address
(no more shipping for me, no association or whatsoever on ebay or paypal)

i still have a negative balance on my account. is there anyway i can close the account without having the pay (- for the amount i never got)? why on earth should i be paying for that? pls help

not to sound like a party pooper...but in this country....you can get lost...new identity...new life...and no one would be any wiser...

if there are other tpfr's out there who are sending stuff here in the philippines...id offer my address as a first place to drop off then i can ship it to the buyer here...at least if they do a chargeback...the bag would reach me first and not to scum bags....

you are just too nice!! God bless you for all you have done :biggrin:

Hey Carmen, im sorry to hear this scammer has got to you too.
i filed a claim on FBI website but so far i heard nothing

i tried calling that number a couple of times. yeah there are people living there. when all this happened, i didn't even realize i was scammed. i thought there was a cc issue. how dumb of me! what was i thinking 'paypal is the safest way to make your transaction online' !!:cursing:
while the given address may not exist, i think there should be a way to get the address of the telephone number.:police::police::police: but again, i am in thailand not in manila.

i just want a good punch in his face:boxing:

THANK YOU FOR LADIES FOR HEARING US OUT

lesson learned: always ship to confirmed address
(no more shipping for me, no association or whatsoever on ebay or paypal)

i still have a negative balance on my account. is there anyway i can close the account without having the pay (- for the amount i never got)? why on earth should i be paying for that? pls help

I'm so sorry..Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to close your account if you have a negative balance :sad: I tried to on Friday with no success. I haven't heard anything from the FBI either :sad:

I had a similar situation where I paid and then Ebay notified me that the listing was removed and it was a Paypal situation since I paid for it. I opened up a dispute and they give you time to resolve with seller. I forgot about the deadline date and it was released. So I though oh well, lost a little bit of money. Wouldn't you know it, a day or two after being released and after I forgot to escalate my dispute with Paypal, they mailed me my items, new and intact. Your transaction dispute is with Paypal. You can also report this person to Ebay for future transactions they might try to make but usually they use a different name. I pray things work out. All I can suggest with high ticket items is that make sure money can be transferred to your bank account before sending out item and put it in your description.

Im so sorry to hear this happened to many of our members here, including myself. I think Ebay/Paypal has gotten so big and greedy that they make it easy for anyone to buy and sell on ebay...and makes it very difficult to recover our money back from those scammers. It pisses me off to no end to hear these horrible stories over and over again...and not be able to do much about it. It's very frustrating, and to the OP, I hope you get your money back. *hugs*