Ladies, do you wear your paddys with the padlock?

I wear it with the lock! it what makes the bag go wow! well in my opinion..i get slagged off for having a bag that has a padlock! men....

The weight doesn't bother me. After learning the hardway, its a bag for leisure not for travelling!

I actually like it because it weighs a ton. I'm fresh out of school, and i'm used to carrying a ton of books, so I actually carry a dictionary around in all my bags to make it heavier on purpose! My back is must hate me.

so, we were having a dinner party at mr. k's in nyc for my dad's birthday - family plus a few guests - and we're all having nice, quite conversations, when suddenly my bratty little brother picks up my muscade baby paddy and asks me how much it cost. then, he shouts across to the next table where my mom is sitting and says, "mom, guess how much she spent on this thing?!"

so my mom has to walk over, grimace at my bag (y'know, cuz it's not LV or bottega veneta, it must be absolutely worthless) and asks why in the world is it so heavy, why would i waste so much money on such an impractical and vain accessory. and for a moment everyone at the dinner party is looking at me. keep in mind my dad's kind of an academic type, so some of the guests there were like, the deans of some universities - not the type of people you'd usually associate with appreciating fashion.

my boyfriend - of all people- comes to my rescue, and says (demonstrating): "but if some guy comes along and wants to mug her, she can just whack that guy in the head with her bag, and he'd fall over with a concussion. the padlock is for her protection."

moral of story? always wear the lock on your paddy. ;)

so, we were having a dinner party at mr. k's in nyc for my dad's birthday - family plus a few guests - and we're all having nice, quite conversations, when suddenly my bratty little brother picks up my muscade baby paddy and asks me how much it cost. then, he shouts across to the next table where my mom is sitting and says, "mom, guess how much she spent on this thing?!"

so my mom has to walk over, grimace at my bag (y'know, cuz it's not LV or bottega veneta, it must be absolutely worthless) and asks why in the world is it so heavy, why would i waste so much money on such an impractical and vain accessory. and for a moment everyone at the dinner party is looking at me. keep in mind my dad's kind of an academic type, so some of the guests there were like, the deans of some universities - not the type of people you'd usually associate with appreciating fashion.

my boyfriend - of all people- comes to my rescue, and says (demonstrating): "but if some guy comes along and wants to mug her, she can just whack that guy in the head with her bag, and he'd fall over with a concussion. the padlock is for her protection."

moral of story? always wear the lock on your paddy. ;)

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: This story is HI-larious!

I always wear it with the lock.... though I did buy the large tote and that one, I had to return. The lock kept falling into the middle of the bag and you couldn't see it, and with the bigger size, it was just too much. And I'm someone who routinely wears bags that weigh like suitcases! (I joke that I have a groove in my left shoulder from the heavy bags over the years.... sad but true!)

i know it's chloe blasphemy but i never wear the lock

I keep the lock off, too, because it makes it to hard to get in and out of the bag. Also, I got my brand new 06 choco paddy at Saks Off 5th for $499 b/c the lock was broken :P

The paddington is a really heavy bag even with the lock off, though. I love the substantial feel of it but it's still close to 5 lbs even without the lock.

I have a baby Paddy and the padlock never comes off!! The padlock is what makes it soooooo special:supacool:

Taking your paddy out without it's gorgeous padlock must be like losing a limb tbh:wtf::P

Oohh I always wear with the padlock....and thanks to the story shared by BlueGenes, I now have an even better excuse for buying these bags....protection from muggers:yahoo::yahoo: My husband is going to love that one!

My front paddy weighs a ton, but I would never think of wear it w/o the padlock,it's part of the bag, the most important part IMO,so I will carry it only when my DH is around.:P

hm, it's funny, i don't really notice the weight of the paddington at all.

but maybe cause i'm used to lugging around heavy backpacks loaded with books & laptop? paddy doesn't feel like much relative to that!

They don't feel much heavier than other bags to me. Even my Balenciagas are quite solid feeling with all my stuff in them.

Can't imagine removing the lock.

I tried carrying it without the lock today.. it feels really odd... lol sort of liberating! But my boyfriend did let out a sigh of relief for my back for a while... until I told him this was just trial (and it's not going very well).