Labiaplasty?

^x this is necessarily about OPs sex life and having a "super-great" sexual partner does not solve "every problem." OP has already explained why she wants/needs the surgery, xxxxx...

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at some before and after pictures on a plastic surgeon's website and holy crap! I felt so bad for some of those women in the before pictures. I take back my original post in this thread completely! Some images really looked painful!

I agree, certain things don't fit right - swimwear, undergarments, etc. . . there's discomfort associated if labia is too big.
I agree, people need not judge. We all seek to improve ourselves in a myriad of ways. Nothing the OP ever said indicated this was impulsive or purely cosmetic, etc . . .
and if it is purely cosmetic, then so be it.
We cut our hair, color it, straighten it and curl it. We exercise sometimes to look better, not just for better cardio health, we wear make up, etc. . .
Doesn't mean we're mental. lol!
We want to feel good about ourselves, it's not always about someone else.

I agree, certain things don't fit right - swimwear, undergarments, etc. . . there's discomfort associated if labia is too big.
I agree, people need not judge. We all seek to improve ourselves in a myriad of ways. Nothing the OP ever said indicated this was impulsive or purely cosmetic, etc . . .
and if it is purely cosmetic, then so be it.
We cut our hair, color it, straighten it and curl it. We exercise sometimes to look better, not just for better cardio health, we wear make up, etc. . .
Doesn't mean we're mental. lol!
We want to feel good about ourselves, it's not always about someone else.

Completely agree.

oo lala, i don't even want to read the comments on this post. but, op, i understand why you would want one. when i was going through puberty, i realized, wow, something is really uncomfortable down there. mine is not so large so after some years, i am comfortable with it now. there are some days it does act up, but not enough to go through surgery, so i'm sorry i don't have any experience.

Thank you for coming back! I do not have anything to add to the lady bits discussion, and while I have read up on it a little, I honestly am a little afraid to look at the pictures lest I begin to worry about my own bits.

But I am wishing you all the best and looking forward to seeing any additional feedback here.

I have to applaud your gracious response below, this thread has been quite a wild ride and it would have been understandable if you never came back. I am glad you did; I am absolutely in awe of your eloquent handling of this!

OrsonWellesClap.gif

Thank you for such an immense compliment!! You really are too kind. I guess those English classes paid off :lol:

Now that you've replied, I did want to address your response.

1. I honestly, wasn't implying you were sexually abused. However, I can see how it would be interpreted that way, based on how the thread went. I thought that perhaps someone you dated, at one point, maybe verbally/emotionally abused you over your appearance. And again, I'm not sure why you'd get offended that I was concerned over this. I was actually hoping to get into reassuring you that you're a beautiful person, no matter what certain parts look like, but again, the thread kind of took a different direction.

2. So be it...like I said, I was just a bit concerned over your first (and only) post. After your most recent post, I see there's nothing to be worried about. And you can say it's not my business, but we're on a forum here, and to me, there's a certain empathy that's understood. I was just working from that standpoint.

3. Point taken. I feel a lot of men damage a woman's self esteem without even knowing it (and some while knowing it). Good to know that didn't happen to you.

4. Ok, I get it...

Finally, I never thought you had a mental illness (to whoever it was who mentioned that..overreact much??), and yes, I know you were only asking for opinions from women who've gotten the surgery, but I've always felt women are put under enormous pressure to meet a certain physical standard and I don't always agree with that. Again, it seems after your second response, you don't fall into the category, so again, sorry for me wanting some clarification/more info, even if you didn't ask for it. I wasn't trying to say all women who get plastic surgery are crazy..which is what my comments seem to be getting twisted as.

Good luck.

Hey, Charles, it's the internet and since we only have each other's written word to base our assumptions off of, communication can be easily misconstrued. Thank you for returning and clarifying your previous points. I really appreciate you doing so and, while I'm at it, applaud you for holding your own on this forum amongst all of us double X'ers haha. :biggrin:

:nogood:Not over my dead body! I love the way my "you-know-what" looks! We all are unique and beautiful, and that's the beauty of it! If you want a great sex life, get yourself a SUPER-GREAT partner. That would solve every problem. In my entire life never had a man said anything about my "private"...If anything said at all was that they were way too happy to even see it or come near it... Honey, you are beautiful, leave it alone and enjoy it the way it is:tup:

As I've stated before, this has nothing to do about men or a man.

I think I'm going to start by seeing my OBGYN and going from there. The main conundrum is that there are not many plastic surgeon's performing this surgery in my area, never mind the level of quality offered. I'd likely have to travel else where.

I love this!!!:biggrin:I believe that every situation is different and most people do not have similiar lives. Maybe I am the werid one but, I see no point in being unhappy if a change no matter how small or great makes you happy.:flowers:

thanks sweetie, my DH is a pretty tell-it-like-it-is kind of guy, and i know he loves me the way i am, but wants ME to like me too! I couldn't agree more, especially when it's not an area we can exercise away smaller or grow bigger :lol:.

OP, you rock for your candor and patience in this entire thread.....to learn to "listen" and not make sweeping assumptions is something we can all take away from this whether we agree with plastic surgery or not!

i for one would appreciate hearing what you learn if you do take the next step! :urock:

Last edited:
From someone that only had superficial tears during child birth I would say HELL NO! LOL! That was completely miserable to be stitched for that reason, down there, and I never want to go through that again.

I guess if I truly needed surgery I may do it, but I could barely walk for a week, and let's not mention trying to pee. OUCH.....

Ok, tmi I know.

Okay this peaked my curiosity and so I looked at before and after pictures and it is kinda of nip tuck for the lady bits... If you feel that this will help you then go for it. Some of the pictures seem to really make the lady bits neat and compacted! :tup:

For anyone interested, there's a documentary all about labiaplasty. I'm sure it goes without saying, but I'm almost positive this isn't appropriate for viewing at work:

http://documentarystorm.com/the-perfect-vagina/

I have to admit I chickened out of watching it mid-way through when the girl goes in for surgery, so I can't speak too much to the overall concept, though I get the impression that the documentary is trying to discourage women from altering their lady parts.

Whatever side you're on, it's interesting to see through both the documentary and via surgeon photos online just how many women go through with the procedure and/or have issues with their nether regions. I never would have thought.

Good luck if you do go through with the surgery, Liz! :smile: