Kooba Newbie ANNOYED- Opinions wanted...

Hi there:

I totally agree with other people who have written that you shouldn't settle. I bought a Roni in buff and it got dinged up after only a couple of hours, so I took it back. I hadn't mistreated it or anything and just couldn't accept that happening with such an expensive bag (this was the first time I had spent that kind of $$ on a handbag).

So - once I had accepted spending about $600 on a purse, I searched and searched online and found the Mattie in stone. I fell in love with it and bought it at Nordstroms. Then - when I got it home - I found that it had a strange wear pattern on the front of it and seemed to be patina'ed (sp?) from its being tried on by numerous customers at the store whose arms had rubbed it. I thought that was unacceptable b/c it really looked used to me. When I took it back, the S.A. acted like she didn't notice the wear - which I thought was ridiculous because handbags are her specialty and the wear was very apparent. She had no qualms whatsoever about putting it right back on the floor. I really feel for the woman who ends up buying it.

I then bought one and had it shipped to me - asking that the SA be careful to get a bag that was "fresh from the factory," so that any wear on it would be my own. Gotta say tho - by the time I received it - I was really soured on the whole experience and so took that one back too.

I guess it's a "live and learn" situation but I sincerely feel that - if you're going to spend that kind of money on a bag - you have the right to expect the best. In this instance, I regret to say that I was disappointed both in Kooba and in the Nordstroms SA. Normally, they have such a stellar reputation. Hmm...

Thanks for sharing. Hang in there!

I'm so sad to hear all of these things about Kooba. I really love the Sienna and Jessie that I own, but I can only hope that there is some representative out there in Kooba World who might just read our threads and would take seriously what we all have to say here about the service and quality lately. And, yes, $600.00 is a huge amount of money to pay on a bag, especially for me!!

Hi:

I was thinking the same thing today. Wouldn't it make sense for someone from Kooba to be monitoring this board so that they could take advantage of customer feedback as well as use it as a source for new product ideas.

It would be equivalent to their performing focus groups - but in this case they don't have to pay anything for it and don't even have to leave the comfort of their own office.

Hmm...

But I guess my whole point is, for that amount of money it's not unreasonable to expect a perfect bag, no?

You are absolutely right!!! I had to return my Lola because of spots and a strong, not pleasant odor. Mine was factory fresh as well. I had purchased my bag at Bloomingdales. A few days ago I was at Saks and told the SA about my Kooba incident and guess what...the SA said they had received a bunch of bags that they had to return because of a strong odor! I'm a Kooba newbie as well and it's very discouraging to have this happen. I see from this forum how so many people love their Koobas and I have spent time looking at different Koobas in stores and I have to admit, some are beautiful. I fell in love with the Talia. It's just frustrating that it's hit or miss when you buy one of their bags.

You are absolutely right!!! I had to return my Lola because of spots and a strong, not pleasant odor. Mine was factory fresh as well. I had purchased my bag at Bloomingdales. A few days ago I was at Saks and told the SA about my Kooba incident and guess what...the SA said they had received a bunch of bags that they had to return because of a strong odor! I'm a Kooba newbie as well and it's very discouraging to have this happen. I see from this forum how so many people love their Koobas and I have spent time looking at different Koobas in stores and I have to admit, some are beautiful. I fell in love with the Talia. It's just frustrating that it's hit or miss when you buy one of their bags.

Wow same thing happened to me with the strong odor. I sent my blonde bonnie back right away. It was terrible. And I noticed on the inside seam at the top of the bag where the leather meets inside fabric it was all cracked and this was a brand new bag I ordered off the website! Not to mention I didn't like the shape, strap (kept falling off me) or bow IRL. But my mention of the chemical smell can be seen in this thread. http://forum.purseblog.com/kooba/black-or-blonde-bonnie-313943.html

Just a thought, items like shoes and bags made in Vietnam seem to have a really strong (read won't go away unless you air them out for days outside) smell. I think I have figured out finally that it must be the glue. I am wondering if some bags made in China use the same type of glue. I have a pair of Ed Hardy Espadrilles that I purchased new 2 or 3 years ago. I have never worn them. I took them out of the box a few days ago and the glue smell almost knocked me out. They are made in Vietnam.

Any thoughts?

That's interesting to think about hopefully someone will be able to chime in. I wish I knew what stunk and what didn't because when I buy something I want to use it not stick it outside or spray it with something. It's just a huge turnoff when something smells that bad. I mean you'd think all the money you pay you could at least be able to use a bag/item without having to de-stink-i-fy it/worry about how to get rid of it. It just takes away from the fun.