Kendall and Kylie Jenner

I think it's subjective. I didn't discuss Prince when he passed, I don't think I discussed Whitney or MJ either at any length. I actually can't think of a celebrity I discussed after passing. Maybe I don't have any icons.

To some person, somewhere this girl is an icon. Like how people consider Marilyn Monroe an icon and I'm like why..

Reactions: WishList986
I think it's subjective. I didn't discuss Prince when he passed, I don't think I discussed Whitney or MJ either at any length. I actually can't think of a celebrity I discussed after passing. Maybe I don't have any icons.

To some person, somewhere this girl is an icon. Like how people consider Marilyn Monroe an icon and I'm like why..
When I say people, I don't mean fans...I mean the gossip rags who keep them popular. There would be no reason because there will be no money to make from them given that everything about them is what they're doing in the moment on social networks. Without their daily postings there's no reason to mention them and they'll fade away. There's still money to be made in discussing Madonna, Prince, JFK, Marylin, Whitney, MJ, etc. That's kind of my only point about calling someone an icon....it's all about the longevity and ability to remain relevant to the same amount of people in death/retirement/umpteen years later as you were in your glory years. Kylie doesn't have this yet.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
:lol: I feel old, lol. I'm only 27 but geez...Miss Wizards of Waverly place and Kylie Jenner are icons, I can't.

I actually live in a world where Selena Gomez and Kylie Jenner are listed beside the greats as 'Iconic', smh.

Those chicks can't even be the napkins or silverware at the Iconic table, let alone actually sit in a seat. Sigh.

So the recipe for Iconic in 2017 is as simple as having millions of followers and being tabloid gossip. K.
OT but I can't get over "influencers". IG/YouTube-Famouse people, only relevant on IG/youtube. there is a comic con coming up in my town and you pay to get a picture done with an IG/youtuber?!
I really hope this hype is over once my children are old enough!

Kendall+Jenner+Harper+BAZAAR+150th+Anniversary+TzeB00YrEzHx.jpg

Kendall+Jenner+Harper+BAZAAR+150th+Anniversary+KC2HgrRRu1mx.jpg

Kendall+Jenner+Harper+BAZAAR+150th+Anniversary+hkc42Ze4vlDx.jpg

Kendall+Jenner+Harper+BAZAAR+150th+Anniversary+bFnk_UrqnKox.jpg

Kendall+Jenner+Harper+BAZAAR+150th+Anniversary+i6OZo5F5YqOx.jpg

Zimbio
Her face really looks strange here but I can't quite put my finger on it ....... Her lips for sure gotten an upgrade but its something else ??:confused1:

I'd say popular, not icon.

I'd say fad, not icon. Current trend, but not icon.

There is no way Kylie with her fake lips and fake body is an icon. Having people follow you on social media is merely a sign of the times, not popularity. Anyone can have followers on insta, and if your name is remotely famous, you can have a million followers. It does not have anything to do with lasting powers.

Icons are folks who have stood the test of time, had something to contribute and contribute positively. They have earned respect through talent and hard work. I don't think of the Kardashians have earned any respect whatsoever.

To me kylie is never going to be an icon , period. But sadly a lot of teenagers look up to her "fashion wise" and treat her like a figure. In my country, when I go to malls I see a lot of kylie mini me. I also completely agree that kylie copies whatever is considered "hot" in instagram . I mean come on, its very obvious when did any Kardashian/Jenner did anything original?