Kelly longue..Help please

shopmom411 said:
An Hermes bag has to "strike" like an arrow to the heart, IMO. If that happens, then it's really yours....if you have any doubts whatsoever then I'd pass and save that money for something you simply can't live without. !

I love this description....so true:yes: .

Good Luck with your decision - let us know what you decide!

Although, aspen, I didn't fall in love with my plume at first and found it a little overwhelming, I am now quite fond of it. I think in the end, whatever choice you make, you will be OK with it, because you can always rationalize your decision.

aspen, I have a kelly longue on order, in orange swift. The reason I really want this instead of a normal kelly is that it's one of the best day-to-evening bags that Hermes has to offer, and it's super chic but not trendy in that next season-it's-out kind of a way. I can see myself using this in now in my twenties, and later on in my thirties and so on...

Thank you so so much you guys!!! I am still having dilema... One moment I love it, and another momonet I am confused because my DH likes regular Kelly better. Price of Kelly Longue is not much cheaper than a regular Kelly.... So, it even gives me harder time to make decision.

I have Black 32 vache liagee supple Kelly on hold for me right now to exchange with it. I have to make decision some point tomorrow... I am starting to get a headache!

Does anyone know how long store credit is good for? Is there a limitation on time how long it is good for?

aspenmartial said:
Thank you so so much you guys!!! I am still having dilema... One moment I love it, and another momonet I am confused because my DH likes regular Kelly better. Price of Kelly Longue is not much cheaper than a regular Kelly.... So, it even gives me harder time to make decision.

I have Black 32 vache liagee supple Kelly on hold for me right now to exchange with it. I have to make decision some point tomorrow... I am starting to get a headache!

Does anyone know how long store credit is good for? Is there a limitation on time how long it is good for?
Store credit is good for one year, :yes: so you do not have to rush if you are not sure...do you actually want a black kelly? do not exchange if you are not sure, maybe just get store credit...you never know when something amazing will show up at the store. personally I think the one you have now is more "eye catching" and "outstanding" than a black regular kelly, you won't see yourself comming and going!
but that's just me:shame:

oh boy, you do indeed have a bit of a pickle. hmmmm... personally i adore this bag but it's entirely up to you. if you're having second-thoughts, then return it. any h purchase should be made w/o buyer's remorse (if it can be helped.) and honestly, don't feel bad cuz your SA jumped through hurdles to get your bag. that's their job.

now remember this - never ever buy anything anywhere to make the SA happy. only buy whatever makes you happy!

p.s. if store credit is good for one year, why the rush to get a black kelly this instant? rumor has it, production (or at least distribution in the states) has picked up considerably. i'm sure more kelly's will be hitting your neck of the woods sometime soon. good luck!

hermes_lemming...I've noticed that too about production in the states!
Is it that people aren't purchasing them as before? The prices have gone up considerably....some are a shocker for me.

aspen...what's vache liagee? I just bought a supple black Kelly and I'm not sure if it's togo or something else.

Kellybag said:
Aspen, my feeling is when you really aren't certain and have second thoughts it isn't for you...no matter what anyone tells you. You have to feel you love it and that you will use it. Will it work for you? Don't buy it because it is a LE. Buy it because you really love it.
Aspen, I agree with KellyBag & Shopmom. Personally I wouldn't buy an Hermes purse because it's a limited edition. I have to really love it and will use it from time to time. If you're having second thoughts then I think it's not something you love. Follow your heart! :yes:

Guess what, I just passed on a Bolide 1923 in Blue Jean Swift. My SA had been really helpful but this time it just didn't work for me :oh:...didn't feel any arrow strike through my heart when I saw the bag.

Don't feel bad or guilty about returning the Kelly Longue for a store credit, I'm sure your SA will understand! Let her know that you'd rather have a chocolate croc Kelly! :yes: :flowers:

lovehermes: Vach liagee is one of the most recent leather Hermes is making.. It is somewhat textured leather but it is smooth and rigid feeling like goat leather...it is little hard to explain...sorry...I am not good at explaining it...

Oh, boy...it is totally impulse buying!!! I am going to get another thought from my husband once again and make a decision today. Thanks!!!

Aspen,

I agree with the girls. The bag is gorgeous and definitely striking. But if you are feeling really iffy about, I think it would be best if you exchanged for a regular kelly.