Kelly Long Wallet- nearly as hard to get as the bag?

Kelly wallet is much easier to find than b/k (NYC stores no longer sell b/k to non-local customers) although the most popular colors are in the back and not displayed. If you're looking for basic colors you might get lucky.

I got a B as a walk-in at Christmas, though I have shopped at Madison before. I think it depends on how busy they are and which SA you get.

I guess these posts show there are no hard and fast rules -- just luck and perserverance, and finding a friendly SA. (will add that Wall St is way more helpful than Madison)

I got a B as a walk-in at Christmas, though I have shopped at Madison before. I think it depends on how busy they are and which SA you get.

Lucky you! If you already have purchase history at the store and get a powerful SA maybe there's a chance? Although they are not supposed to. The official rule is you have to have a purchase history (cannot be from the same day you purchase b/k) and must have a local address, unless they changed up very recently again.

Lucky you! If you already have purchase history at the store and get a powerful SA maybe there's a chance? Although they are not supposed to. The official rule is you have to have a purchase history (cannot be from the same day you purchase b/k) and must have a local address, unless they changed up very recently again.

I also bought a B after Christmas last year. I only bought a clic clac a long time ago but had no other purchase history. Definitely no relationship with SA either.

I also bought a B after Christmas last year. I only bought a clic clac a long time ago but had no other purchase history. Definitely no relationship with SA either.

Was it Madison or Wall Street? I wonder if you live in Baltimore maybe you're not really considered a tourist, especially if they don't have a store there.
My understanding of purchase history is you have to have your name in their system already when you buy a b/k.

But if this is true great - I've been wanting to let a friend from out of town pick up bs that I'm offered but passing on.

Was it Madison or Wall Street? I wonder if you live in Baltimore maybe you're not really considered a tourist, especially if they don't have a store there.
My understanding of purchase history is you have to have your name in their system already when you buy a b/k.

But if this is true great - I've been wanting to let a friend from out of town pick up bs that I'm offered but passing on.

Sorry for super late reply. It was Madison. I haven't shopped at Madison much but I have a good purchase history from multiple other locations. It looks like that helped. And I was certainly on Hermes system prior to the B.

I think you will do fine on hermes.com and calling stores. Be sure that the wallet will work for you day to day, though. I thought I wanted the Kelly, but after trying it for a minute or two realized that the strap would make me crazy when I just wanted to quickly pay and move on. Decided I am a Bearn girl instead, and the SF store helped me find just the color I wanted over the phone.

i agreen with you. the strape does drive me crazy.

I also have the purchase history, and do you or anybody know how often I have to purchase or if there is any minimum amount of purchases before I could ask for a Kelly or Birkins bag or do they always save them for those who purchase the most anyway? I also have visited many different store and one of them told me they want to see customers purchasing shoes, clothes etc to show their loyality...please kindly let me know....thanks...

Last edited:
I LOVE the kelly long wallets. They are so feminine. Especially in bright, bold colors! Actually sometimes the South Coast Plaza store has them just on display, but you have to try your luck.

It'd be more practical to work up a few colors that you can accept, then keep going to your local store to check their inventory and build up a relationship with your SA. You just never know, but I assume a wallet is easier to come by than a birkin in your favorite color.