Kelly and Birkin popularity???

Similar experiences...have seen a fair number of Kelly bags on display in the U.S...Birkins very, very rarely...

Lindy bags in GREAT numbers on the shelves in Europe...everywhere Lindy bags...a few nice Kelly bags...Birkins on display very, very rarely...

Fair number of VFTs available locally...

Edit to add...should also note it seems fairly "easy" to purchase a non-Birkin if color, leather preferences are broad...then one tries to find a simple, black bag...can be like trying to find a classic black pant or skirt when you really need it...

Funnily enough, there aren't a lot of Lindys piled up in New York, at least there haven't been when I have been in boutiques lately. I think people here like shoulder straps?

I have seen a ton of small Kellys in bright colors, most in ostrich, piled up. As well as a few teensy Birkins here and there.

^ I wonder what sells the best and where? I know here, Blue Jean and Gold are all-time best sellers. Togo is VERY popular, and 35 Birkins are pretty much what most clients ask for.
Kelly's do well, funnily enough retourne ones...Lindys, Plumes, Evelyne's, they all sit around for a long while.

HAC's sell fast, but I think many people don't realise they're not a Birkin. Croc sells very well here, and Ostrich. Alligator doesn't.

I dunno, really. From my observations, in NYC the basic colors sell the fastest: black, gold, and reds. Togo is also extremely popular here too, but Chevre is as well, I think because it's lighter weight but hardy enough to withstand the rigors of the city.
HACs sell very well here too, in fact. I was very surprised to hear that in some other places in the world they are considered "common" because here they're basically as desirable as a 35cm "regular" Birkin.
Kellys are hit and miss from what I can tell; in some stores they will sell at light speed and then in others the same bag will be there for months. I think it just depends on the concentration of true Hermes-lovers in a particular area.
I haven't seen a Plume sitting on a shelf for like two years. Same with the Constance. They sell really, really fast. (Darn it, because I would really like a Plume)
The Lindy seems to be popular here too but not to quite the same extent; I have noticed a lot of younger buyers snapping them up--which is nice because it's introducing the brand to a younger generation.
The VFT is sold out everywhere here, even though certain stores ordered a LOT of them.

As far as exotics, my gut tells me that ostrich doesn't sell as well as croc, mainly because I see ostrich bags in just about every boutique (over and over again, the same bags), but all the crocs seem to go fast, even the diamond ones. I don't really see a lot of alligator bags.

That is very true, this year in Europe i got to see quiet a few Birkins ( 4 in Barcelona alone!) Last year there were none in site anywhere. And in some places when i asked for availability of Birkins SA's literally laughed in my face, as if i was asking something utterly ridiculous. Since I'm a die hard Birkin fan , i don't pay too much attention to Kelly's but i see them frequently just sitting on the shelf. In fact ,this weekend in Chicago H, I saw 3 Kelly's there in varied sizes. One was gigantic , must have been the 50 cm.

Similar experiences...have seen a fair number of Kelly bags on display in the U.S...Birkins very, very rarely...

Lindy bags in GREAT numbers on the shelves in Europe...everywhere Lindy bags...a few nice Kelly bags...Birkins on display very, very rarely...

Fair number of VFTs available locally...

Edit to add...should also note it seems fairly "easy" to purchase a non-Birkin if color, leather preferences are broad...then one tries to find a simple, black bag...can be like trying to find a classic black pant or skirt when you really need it...

Oh noooo. I have to go to the boutique with my eyes closed and just say what I want to the SA so I don´t end up buying the shelves full of lovelies.

I hardly think it's more difficult to order Kellys at the podium. Your SA's comment might just refer to the exact combo you want.

A more unusual explanation might be that your store's Kelly quota has been reduced by Paris, and every single Kelly ordered already has a taker. And therefore, your SA cannot offer you one. But like I said, this is very unusual, and hence not likely.

I hardly think it's more difficult to order Kellys at the podium. Your SA's comment might just refer to the exact combo you want.

A more unusual explanation might be that your store's Kelly quota has been reduced by Paris, and every single Kelly ordered already has a taker. And therefore, your SA cannot offer you one. But like I said, this is very unusual, and hence not likely.

Actually MY order went through so I am just waiting for delivery. :yahoo:

I think I didn't make myself clear based on the responses I have gotten. I don't know how to explain what he said better :sad:

Simply put.....He said that the Kelly podium orders were harder to process this year than in the past. Usually the Birkin orders were more difficult but this year...it was different.

There was no reason for him to mislead me one way or the other because the deal was done. My Kelly is on the way. We were just discussing my NEXT order of a Birkin.

Hmm, maybe a move to make the Kelly more desirable? By cutting down on production, ans therefore squeezing the supply?

From my small experience I have to say getting a Birkin seems to be a lot easier than the stories I have heard. Mine arrived in 2 months and I have recommended 3 other people to the same SA, all got on the list without a problem and 1 had a bag offered within 1 month. This adds weight to HG 's theory that they have upped production.....