Kelly 2+ Months' Old & Stitching Coming Out :(

It's totally understandable that you are :cursing:!
Your SA should handle the situation and hopefully she can be fixed ASAP (or at least get a replacement). Big :::HUGS::: Kallie Girl :flowers:

SORRY to hear abt this - im not very impressed with what has happened to your bag but then again hey, its a bag, not a magic bag so we shldnt expect everything perfect just because its a H-bag...

i hope they will fix it up quickly for you & on a personal thought, i hope you will not need to pay for this repair as its a fairly new bag, the fault is not on you thus wear & tear shldnt be reason.

good luck & pls dont fret - H will work it all out im sure! :biggrin:

Kallie Girl, If I were you, I would be on the phone screaming at my SA right now.

Why? Screaming isn't going to accomplish anything except making you look lieka b#%@%. Things like this just happen sometimes, yes it sucks, but it does happen. NO one, even Hermes craftspeople , are perfect. Just call your SA and explain to them what happened and they will get it taken care of. As something as minor as a stitch I bet Claude could have that fixed in no time.

Sorry to hear about that Kallie. I think everyone can tell how much you love her with your fab pics. Unfortunately, you'd have to take time out to get her "doctored." She'll be back in excellent form, no worries :yes:

Why? Screaming isn't going to accomplish anything except making you look lieka b#%@%. Things like this just happen sometimes, yes it sucks, but it does happen. NO one, even Hermes craftspeople , are perfect. Just call your SA and explain to them what happened and they will get it taken care of. As something as minor as a stitch I bet Claude could have that fixed in no time.

If just one stitch is out... does that mean they can just go in there and fix the one stitch ?? They don't have to pull out all sitches and start over ?

Do you all think I could just snip off the bad stitch and let them re-stitch it later when I (hopefully) have a Birkin to use in its place ??? As you can see from the pics, the stitch is at the back of the flap.... if there was no thread sticking up like it is now, it wouldn't even show at all.

Of course I wouldn't actually do this without my SA's OK and I would want the issue documented so that they would know it happened at 10 weeks ... not 10 months.

^^ I wouldn't snip anything, even if an SA says it is okay. You don't know what may happen (SA could move or be transferred). Just send it off and use your Evelyne. It is an awful thing to happen so soon. But better to get it fixed properly now that it is brand new. At least you have another H bag to get you through. Sweetly demand that it be done asap, and I'm sure they will comply. Make up a date that you absolutely had your heart set on using her to give them a timeline. Disappointed sweetness works wonders with Hermes SAs in my experience.

Thanks so much for your posts and advice.:heart:

I had sent my SA an email last evening and got an answer first thing this a.m. She is a fabulous SA, BTW. Anyway, she is sending a call tag for FedEx to pick it up tomorrow. She'll have it on Wednesday.

I know she will do all she can to get this moved through quickly. So, I'll have to say goodbye to my "baby" tomorrow!:sad:

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

I actually do need it for the weekend of March 15. I hope and pray it gets here by then.

I would call and personally stress that you were planning travel on March and had bragged about this bag. It may do the trick.

I am so grateful that Hermes actually fixes their products if there are problems. Truly, Kallie - I've never been disappointed when dealing with a defect. They always have gone above and beyond.

If just one stitch is out... does that mean they can just go in there and fix the one stitch ?? They don't have to pull out all sitches and start over ?

Do you all think I could just snip off the bad stitch and let them re-stitch it later when I (hopefully) have a Birkin to use in its place ??? As you can see from the pics, the stitch is at the back of the flap.... if there was no thread sticking up like it is now, it wouldn't even show at all.

Of course I wouldn't actually do this without my SA's OK and I would want the issue documented so that they would know it happened at 10 weeks ... not 10 months.

no, don't do anything to it. let the craftsman take care of it. you would be upset if you sat down to fix it, just about to snip it and then your dog barks and makes you jump and you jab the scissors into the leather. not good.

I promise I won't be doing any snipping!! I had a brief moment of insanity about that! I was just trying to find a way to keep her with me longer before having to send her off!! :smile:

She'll be packed up tonight to head to the H boutique, which will then send her in to be repaired.

I know that you are not going to do anything to the bag, (snip :nogood:) but I was thinking KG I hope Craftsperson that fixes it address the 'problem' with the person that made/stitched it. If so, they will want to see it exactly as it is.:noggin: