Keeping the CL Red Soles: Which is better?

Which is a better idea?

• Buying clear Foot Petals and doing it yourself.

• Buying red soles and taking it to the cobbler.

• Do nothing, just wear it!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wear mine.

It's always a bit sad the first time you wear them and get them scuffed, but they were meant to be worn and the red on the ball of your foot is supposed to disappear over time.

Given how many other designers are doing red on the sole now that doesn't go away, I'd rather have something that keep my CLs apart from the fake stuff. I wear them with pride.

I say just wear them! I don't understand why many people want to preserve the entire red sole. The underside of the heel is really the only part that is visible when standing or walking anyway so why fret over the sole covering the ball of the foot? I just don't get it. Who cares? People will still see the red. Why worry about it? I apologize if I sound like a jerk. I don't mean to but I really don't understand this.

I agree 100%, I love mine and just wear them. The underside always stays red and beautiful and that is enough for me!

javaboo - I just ordered mine and received them yesterday. I am going to take them to my cobbler tomorrow and see what they can do. I think that they are very expensive though - she charges $22, which includes shipping from the UK. But add the cobbler charge and that is very pricey. I haven't decided which shoes I want to put them on yet, not sure if it makes more sense to put them on a new pair of shoes or a pair that I have already worn. I will update you once I get them back.

I just wear them too, but that's because I haven't really know what else to do! having the red on the sole disappear does bother me, and it does show when you walk, making the shoe look very old and worn... I'm not sure what I think of the red soles yet, I guess I would have to see them on a pair before I could make up my mind about them...the clear soles look all right to me.

I keep on going back and forth on this issue as well. I was tempted to put the clear footpetals on, but then too lazy to do so at the same time. I am very OCD and I don't have 90 min or so to spend per pair of Louboutins I own. lol I would be spending the whole day just putting those things on. And, then after seeing what could possibly happen to them if they came off, I would rather much have the red come off.

For right now, I'm just going to wear them and not worry about it. But, I would be interested to see how the red rubber soles turn out. Kamilla and others let us know how it works out! :smile:

I haven't decided which shoes I want to put them on yet, not sure if it makes more sense to put them on a new pair of shoes or a pair that I have already worn. I will update you once I get them back.
I say, test them on a pair you've already worn. That way, you won't "ruin" a new pair if it doesn't work out.

I say just wear them! I don't understand why many people want to preserve the entire red sole. The underside of the heel is really the only part that is visible when standing or walking anyway so why fret over the sole covering the ball of the foot? I just don't get it. Who cares? People will still see the red. Why worry about it? I apologize if I sound like a jerk. I don't mean to but I really don't understand this.

ita.. i wear the heck out of mine :tup:

The clear foot petals have held up really well on mine. BF and I spent a painstaking 1.5 hours each making them seamless. If you think about, it's not even that long. I love preserving the red soles!

Kamilla80 - I can't wait to hear from you to see how it goes.

I have tried the clear soles on my louboutin but it seems like the sides are starting to shift....

I agree with lawchick. I buy CLs for the unique & sexy shoe design, not the red sole. The red sole is just like a la mode on pie ... the pie is awesome without ice cream, the ice cream just makes it a little bit better.

Sometimes if the shoes get scuffed where it's noticeable on the sides, I'll use a red Sharpie to doctor a little, but that's more because I don't want scuffed shoes, not because I'm worried no one will know I'm wearing Louboutins.

Then again, I'm going more and more anti-logo lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.