keeping hands looking youthful?

I just started using this stuff because I had squamous cell carcinoma (skin cancer) removed from my ring finger last week. They cut a huge chunk out of my finger, I have 6 stitches and it will leave a horrible scar. I love this product and highly recommend it. I think it was around $6.

Please protect your hands! They are exposed to more sun than any other part of your body and they tend to receive the least amount of sun protection. I am going to attach some before/after pics of my cancer just for reference.

Attachments

• cancer2.jpg
    cancer2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 67
  • finger2.jpg
    finger2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 62
  • finger3.jpg
    finger3.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 62
I want to say that I know the pic I posted of my stitches is graphic, but I was trying to make a point. I want everyone to take skin cancer seriously. A friend of ours, a healthy and vibrant 24 yr old nurse, died from skin cancer. She had melanoma on her back, the doctors removed it but did not get all of it out of her. It spread to her organs and bones and she died a painful death.

The spot on my finger looked like a tiny little nothing, and I had it for over two years. I finally decided I was tired of looking at it and I was tired of people asking me if I had a bug bite. So I went in and the derm. said she thought it was a wart and she wanted to freeze it off. I told her I'd already tried that at home, and that I wanted her to scrape it off. She agreed and they sent it to the lab. The rest is history. I am going to have that ugly scar to look at the rest of my long, long life.

Take care of yourselves!

Lori, thanks for the reminder. I, too, have had two skin cancer incidents in the past year. I am older and we were not educated about sunscreen when I was young and spent every summer at the beach. I now go every 6 months for full body checks after having lesions removed from my arm and bridge of my nose.

if you guys are going to purchase it theres a 1 dollar off coupon you guys can print out and use it from where ever you buy it from...Neutrogena.com/AgeShield
and yes its always important to protect every part of your body from the damaging rays of the sun...
can anyone post a picture of the hand cream?

here's a pic hun...

2189577.jpg

I want to say that I know the pic I posted of my stitches is graphic, but I was trying to make a point. I want everyone to take skin cancer seriously. A friend of ours, a healthy and vibrant 24 yr old nurse, died from skin cancer. She had melanoma on her back, the doctors removed it but did not get all of it out of her. It spread to her organs and bones and she died a painful death.

The spot on my finger looked like a tiny little nothing, and I had it for over two years. I finally decided I was tired of looking at it and I was tired of people asking me if I had a bug bite. So I went in and the derm. said she thought it was a wart and she wanted to freeze it off. I told her I'd already tried that at home, and that I wanted her to scrape it off. She agreed and they sent it to the lab. The rest is history. I am going to have that ugly scar to look at the rest of my long, long life.

Take care of yourselves!

Hi lori
thanks for the picture and discussing this. This might sound silly but at a first glance, the growth doesnt look like other pictures I have seen showing skin cancer and for that reason, I am glad you have posted this so I can be more aware and keep a check on my self,

I am sorry to hear about your friend, I have had a funny looking spot on my back for a while and will get it checked out now by my doctor to be safe

thank you again Lori

After reading this I went and grabbed some of this at Ulta...it's great! And small, so, I keep one at home and one in my purse. :tup: (if you go to ulta, you can use the $3.50 off a $10 dollar purchase, PLUS combine the neutrogena $1 off coupon, and you can use $1 off per bottle purchased. I got both of mine for a little over $7!)

I use RoC Retinol Correction Hand Repair SPF 15; I haven't been as regular about using it as with my RoC face products, but they work well, so I assume if I get with the program, this will work, too

does anyone use the Norwegian Formula Age Shield to reduce the aging process and protect ur hands from aging? it's really good because you can see improvement within a month

I just use the same sunscreen as I put on my face. I will check into this though. It would be nice to have something specifically for my hands. Especially since they get washed so many times a day and I have to reapply the sunscreen.

Thanks for the recommendation:smile:

Take care of yourselves!

Lori thank you for posting the pics. Who would have thought that was cancerous? When I think of skin cancer I envision super dark moles or moles that are misshaped. That just looked like a scar from a bug bite. It's always better to have things checked out. I'm so glad you've had it taken off. Hugs.

Oh I'm glad I've been helpful to everyone...I really like Norwegian Formula Age Shield hand cream because it's even clinically shown to reduce age spots and fine lines in just 4 weeks...:smile: