Kate Spade anyone???

love that kate spade tote you have .. I have an interest in kate spade but have never made the leap and bought one .

You should...I have loved Kate Spade for years! Her bags are simple and classic (most of them anyway) and can be carried for years and years, not quick to go out of style! And the prices are not out of control meaning you can own many! :wlae:

I heart Kate Spade too! I have a bunch of her handbags, accessories, and sunglasses.

The black microfiber Sam was the first three digit price bag that I bought back in 1999. I don't use it anymore, but it makes me happy and nostalgic.

I heart Kate Spade too! I have a bunch of her handbags, accessories, and sunglasses.

The black microfiber Sam was the first three digit price bag that I bought back in 1999. I don't use it anymore, but it makes me happy and nostalgic.

OMG the Black Sam bag was my first bag over $100 too! I have loved her ever since!!!

kate spade was my first bag, too! :biggrin: i still have it, but sadly, don't use it at all anymore. i did love her stuff, though. very simple & classic. actually, i still eye that messenger bag of hers. lols.

I have had quite a few KS bags over the years. I still have two bags that I love and occasionally use, and my favorite cosmetics case, and a pair of awesome turquise sunnies. I am still waiting to see if KS changes much now that is owned wholly by Liz Claiborne.

Kate Spade was one of the first "designer" brands that I really noticed as a teen. In the 90's, the minimalist KS designs really stood out from all the other bags on the market at the time.

I'm not as in love with the line as I was, but I still love the use of color; the blue and green nylon bags that were out for spring were the most gorgeous colors.

I'd love to see pics of everyone's Kate Spade bags!

I loooooove Kate Spade- my fall-back bag, that matches everything, is a Navy Wellesly Samson. I also have a Hugo Griffon Poppy tote in PVC w/orange leather trim that I adore, and a ladybug change purse that I got my daughter last yet (but I borrow, hehe). From what I've found, Kate Spade bags are pretty timeless and not very trendy, so you can keep wearing them year after year. They also hold up really well (except for the nylon bags, of which I've destroyed a few). Unfortunately, I'm on a bag ban after the Chanel I bought two weeks ago, so I can only look for now. Though, the big yearly sale should be happening sometime soon....

I'm currently drooling over the Coconut Grove East West Lenore:

pKSLCI1-4758394reg.jpg

the Coconut Grove Beach Basket:

pKSLCI1-4758389reg.jpg

And the Tarrytown small rudy in magenta and pink(and this pink is stunning in person):
pKSLCI1-4584101reg.jpg

pKSLCI1-4583921reg.jpg

And I think this ksny metallic evening nicolette would be perfect for nights out (if I ever went out at night anymore!)
pKSLCI1-4757518reg.jpg

Strangely enough, I love looking at Kate Spades. I have never owned one. Last summer i was entranced by the chartreuse metallic leather bag with the bone handle... i thought i might die if i didnt own it, but i was quitting my job at the time... I recently learned that KS was bought by Liz Claiborne group this year, and i think its S/S 08 is the last season that Kate will be actually designing. Which is also why they brought back a lot of "classics" this season... I don't know who will take over the Designing... But I'm sure my man Tim Gunn won't let the line slip...