Kat Von D

Oh wow, I had no idea they had a fall-out. We currently have Miami Ink episodes running in which they are still mates. I always thought she was nice and even if this was a joke to Ami it would be stupid.

I am sorry, but if you are saying that attacking somebody's looks is on the same level as racial and religious insults, then this whole section of the forum has to be deleted, in your opinion.
There is no comparison between the two things, as there is no justification for racial/religious slurs, and they have nothing to do with feeling b!tchy, which is what might spring many comments about looks.
This thread was not about how she looks, so you're upset that I commented to someone who was changing the focus?
Did I say making fun of someone's looks equates attacking their religion? No. And I don't believe that either. Do I think attacking someone's looks is immature? Yes. Do I think this whole section is immature? No. It's not all attacking people. I'm sorry that you misconstrue what I was saying, but I don't know why you're attacking me and making a huge thing of it.

I sent Kat an email of support, as I don't believe this for one minute. I think she's great! Anyhow, she replied and I thought I'd post it here. Didn't expect to hear from her.

Thanks for the email and support. Much appreciated!

Ciao,
Kat Von D

I believe it. By the end she hated Ami.

I believe it. If it's true she gave it to Garver, there's no disputing it.

Where's Garver to say that isn't true?

I don't believe Ami James would risk being sued for defamation if this wasn't true, especially considering he has representation.

I think Kat is young and still has alot to learn, she effed up.

Not saying it's the same situation or anything... but when DH was a tattoo artist, everyone there was a piece of sh*t. It's as if they do things for shock value and find humor in things that just aren't funny. For instance, his boss was a white guy and wore a belt buckle that said the N word. There was also random crude and just wrong paintings that you know they just did to get a reaction. It was the most stupid thing ever and I've said it a billion times before and will say it a trillion more times I am the happiest girl in the world that he quit that job long long ago. Like I said, she was at many of the same conventions we were at and I completely believe the whole thing and it doesn't suprise me in the least.

...By the end she hated Ami...
I don't think there was much of a connection between them. In addition to all the drama for the show, etc, I did get the impression that Ami was having some trouble with the level of Kat's talent versus her age and experience, it's never a good idea to compare ourselves to other people, but it's an easy trap to fall into, and I think that Ami just didn't have good luck in that regard.

...Where's Garver to say that isn't true?...
:lol: Thanks for pointing out that particular elephant in the room. I have been waiting to hear what he had to say, since he allegedly did receive the picture, my speculation is that TLC has instructed them all not to discuss it at all.

...I think Kat is young and still has alot to learn...
She is learning a lot, I think, a recent episode of LA Ink focused on Kat confronting her alcoholism, and taking some positive steps with that.

It is possible that she could have made a very poor error in judgment, involving some extremely poor taste, and we have no way of knowing, if she did write such a thing on a picture, if she may have been impaired at the time.

None of those are excuses, and I don't know what the future may hold for her in terms of a TV career.

Unfortunately, even if the story is not true, and she is being put in the impossible position of trying to prove a negative, I can't honestly say that if I were a producer that I would put her on my short list, but on the positive side, she has a thriving tatoo business, and I would not anticipate that this will impact that a whole lot, it is not likely that she is going to be struggling to stay in housing or pay the light bill as a result of it, but I think that when she is 80, it will be this incident that might occasion some regrets, not any of her tatoos!