Kat Von D

devoted

Mar 20, 2006
Upon being fired from "Miami Ink" last year, tattoo artist Kat Von D allegedly signed a photograph addressed to her former boss, Ami James, and drew a swastika and a flaming Star of David on it. Subtle, no?
0208_kat_von_d_ex.jpg

TMZ has obtained the photograph in question, a headshot of Kat that reads, "Burn in hell Jewbag." No one witnessed Kat write the message, but Chris Garver, another tattoo artist on "Miami Ink," tells TMZ Kat personally handed him the photo.

When Ami, who is Jewish, received the photo, sources tell us he went to TLC and was rebuffed. We're told after Ami had a lawyer intervene, TLC went to a handwriting analyst who concluded "there is a 99% probability that Kat Von D" wrote the message. In early July 2007, Avi's lawyer went to TLC with the analysis. They simply sent him a letter back that acknowledged receiving the results and said, "We trust that this information will be kept strictly confidential."

Kat's spinoff show, "LA Ink," premiered a month later.

When contacted about the photo, Ami told TMZ he wasn't as offended by the photo as he was by the indifference toward it, saying, "What is more devastating to me, and much more shameful is when people ignore something like this for the sake of the money or self-interest. That is the real 'punch in the gut.'"

http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/08/kat-von-d-anti-semite/#comments

I wonder why this is being released now? Ami should have went public with this from the start. If she only wrote "jewbag", it could be forgiven...it's very tacky and crude, but people could get over that lame insult. But the swastika and burning Star of David...?:wtf: That is just pure hate, I know she had major problems with Ami but it shouldn't have grown to such an evil resentment.

Can we say 'bitter'? I did feel bad for her when she left Miami Ink but now I can see the reasoning why they let her go. Very disappointing ... definitely won't be watching her show anytime soon. Even if she wrote it in jest, she should have known better!:lecture:

wow that's pretty shocking. If this was indeed something Kat VonD did, she should fess up to it and make amends. This is just wrong. Sadly maybe these are her true sentiments and perhaps she would only apologize after getting caught red handed...

Kat is kind of stuck-up...I remember one time, I forgot if it was Miami Ink or LA Ink, a client wanted a tattoo of some simple lettering...she refused to do it because it was "too first grade", meaning it was too easy for her....She just wants to do difficult tattoos, and as a tattooer she should be able to tattoo what people want....Anyway, my point is... I don't like her.

Racial/Religious slurs is one of the biggest signs of immaturity IMO.

On a completely different topic, I can only imagine how she is going to look when she is 80!