K28 Gris Tourterelle vs. K25 Gris Alsphalt

fdc

Mar 8, 2019
Hi,
I have the choice between:
- Kelly 28 retourne Gris Tourterelle in clemence; and
- Kelly 25 retourne Gris Alsphalt in swift.
- Both have PHW.

What do you think I should choose? Both are preowned bags so I can’t see them IRL and hopefully one of the 2 will become my 1st H bag. I’ve read a lot from this forum and all your sharing is very useful but still can’t decide.

I know that size 28 holds more but 25 is more versatile in terms of day-to-night. And Clemence seems more durable but heavier than Swift?

Price wise the K25 would cost me about €2000 or $2500 more.

For reference I already own:
- Chanel: medium black and small beige clair classic flaps.
- LV Capucines BB in Magnolia (nudy pink).
- Bottega Veneta Olympia mini bag also in pink (size and style similar to Chanel small CF).

I often dress in neutral colours, mostly grey/black in winter and white/pale pink/navy in summer, my style is casual but once I no longer WFH I would dress up more.

I have to make a decision quickly before they are sold out so thanks in advance for your help!!

Reactions: LOA
It really depends on what you would like to use the bag for.

If you want a Kelly that can accompany you everywhere, say to work, to travels and you don't mind using her a little rougher, then the K28 would be the better choice. A K28 can hold alot more than the K25, and Clemence is tough and durable. Yes, it's heavier than Swift, but that's because Swift is more delicate.

The K25 is (IMO) a bag you will need to baby alot more due to its size and leather. As mentioned, Swift is more delicate than Clemence, and I would not recommend overstuffing this small bag. Although some ladies do use the K25 as an evening bag, I personally don't as it's slightly too big for formal events - I think you'd find your Chanel small classic flaps more appropriate.

I've seen both colors in real life and both are very beautiful, but I lean slightly towards GT more as it's a lighter sweeter gray.

Both are gorgeous bags and I think you'd be happy with either of them - but you just need to work out if you want a Kelly that you can use daily without worrying too much about her, or a Kelly that you might not use everyday and needs a bit more TLC.

It really depends on what you would like to use the bag for.

If you want a Kelly that can accompany you everywhere, say to work, to travels and you don't mind using her a little rougher, then the K28 would be the better choice. A K28 can hold alot more than the K25, and Clemence is tough and durable. Yes, it's heavier than Swift, but that's because Swift is more delicate.

The K25 is (IMO) a bag you will need to baby alot more due to its size and leather. As mentioned, Swift is more delicate than Clemence, and I would not recommend overstuffing this small bag. Although some ladies do use the K25 as an evening bag, I personally don't as it's slightly too big for formal events - I think you'd find your Chanel small classic flaps more appropriate.

I've seen both colors in real life and both are very beautiful, but I lean slightly towards GT more as it's a lighter sweeter gray.

Both are gorgeous bags and I think you'd be happy with either of them - but you just need to work out if you want a Kelly that you can use daily without worrying too much about her, or a Kelly that you might not use everyday and needs a bit more TLC.
This is seriously great insight, it’s very helpful thank you so much, I lean towards K28 GT more too!

Tbh the colours are fairly similar. GT is lighter but the relative delicacy of this colour is outweighed by the delicacy of the leather type (swift vs clemence). Add to that the versatility of a 28 vs 25 (not to mention cost savings) and IMO, the k28 is the clear winner

• Love
Reactions: fdc
I vote for the 28 in Gris Tourterelle. As you have a small neutral bag already in your BB, the K28 will fill the hole in your collection for a neutral, medium-sized bag. Plus, in my opinion, Tourterelle is one of the prettiest and most functional neutrals Hermès offers.

• Love
Dear all,
Thank you so much for all of your opinions. Thanks to you I decided to go with K28 Gris Tourterelle but kind of hesitate because the seller doesn’t have the original receipt or any proof of purchase.

I'm late to the game here but I'd personally take the GA / swift... that's a dreamy combo for me.

I'd be nervous about the seller not having the original receipt but consider I'm not an experienced preloved buyer... I'd be interested what others think about that.

• Love
I'm late to the game here but I'd personally take the GA / swift... that's a dreamy combo for me.

I'd be nervous about the seller not having the original receipt but consider I'm not an experienced preloved buyer... I'd be interested what others think about that.
May I know the reason why, is that because you prefer size 25 or the colour and leather are really appealing to you? :smile:
Me too the fact of lacking receipt is a big considering point to me!

May I know the reason why, is that because you prefer size 25 or the colour and leather are really appealing to you? :smile:
Me too the fact of lacking receipt is a big considering point to me!
I just happen to love swift. I don't own anything in swift nor either color you're considering (so I'm hardly an expert!) but swift / GA is on my short list to get next if my SA can find it. For me GT is a little too warm, I personally prefer cooler toned grays but I know many people adore GT and it's a highly treasured color.

For the size, it's just personal preference that I like the proportions of the K28/32 better than the K25 but when I'm choosing an item I go for leather/color over size as long as the size isn't a total nonstarter.

• Love
I would vote for Gris T in clemence (color, price point, leather)
I have gris A myself and love the color but gris T is always on my wishlist, also I can’t take care of swift even though swift takes the color best compares to other leathers.
Good luck with your choice.

• Love